Page 11 of 35 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: Gotti's Journal

Tuesday

Squats 6 sets
    Lat pulldown 6 sets
    Seated DB curl 6 sets

Leg press superset with t bar row 3 sets
    Straight bar pulldown superset with standing calve raise 2 sets

Workout started out pretty bad, one guy started talking to me before I even started and wouldn't stop. A few of the sets I just did while he was talking but it totally ruined my concentration. Also look longer to complete the 6 sets than usual. I work pretty quickly in the gym. So I feel like the rest of the workout I was rushing to fit in sets. Finally after squatting I got away from the guy and the workout seemed to improve. The lat pulldowns were really tough by sets 5 and 6. I also did leg press and stayed on the higher rep range in order to make up for the subpar squatting session.

It's starting to get hot out finally, meaning the gym is a roast house so hopefully this aids in some weight loss as we go. Other than that not much to report.

Wednesday

5 minutes cardio 3 sprints
    60 crunches
    5 minutes cardio 3 sprints
    60 crunches
    5 minutes cardio 2 sprints
    60 crunches
    5 minutes cardio
    60 crunches
    5 minutes cardio
    60 crunches

It's been crazy at work, I'm in training but without a computer, not sure how that works but whatever. Cardio session was amazing, back on the elliptical and I feel like I got that pumped feeling from the HIIT training again, it was intense. My legs felt like I just did a leg workout by the end. It's also super hot which made it kind of rough.

Thursday

Flat bench superset with bent over db fly 3 sets
    Underhand flat bench superset with seated side lateral raise 3sets
    Cable flies superset with standing shoulder press 3 sets
    Underhand extension 3 sets
    Reverse underhand extension superset with cable side laterals 3 sets

Dips 3sets
    Dip machine 1 set burn out

I felt embarrassed at the beginning of the workout. My bench numbers were terrible. Not sure the reason but I wasn't moving good weight. I was frustrated with myself but just kept it moving. Underhand bench I redeemed myself and did a PR on the flies, don't really even pay attention to that stuff on flies and usually use it more so as a finishing move but since I did so crappy with bench I decided to really push myself with them and it worked out. By the end of the workout, it wasn't to shabby.

Saturday

Leg extension superset with seated leg curl superset with straight bar pull down 3 sets
    Hack squat superset with lat pull down 3 sets
    Bulgarian Split squat superset with close grip pull down 3 sets
    Seated Hammer curl 3 sets
    EZ curl bar preacher curl superset with seated calve raise 3 sets
    Cable curls 3 sets

Not the best workout. I woke up and felt good, couldn't wait to get to the gym as I had other stuff to do but once I got to the gym I felt worn out. My body parts were burning after just 3 or 4 reps when it was a weight where I usually can get 10 reps. After each set I just felt super drained. Maybe it was the heat or the long week of work. Part of me thinks I might need to extra rest from the gym. The gym is closed Monday and I usually take Sunday off so I might take these next 2 days to recover. Even now it's so nice outside I feel like I should be out there but I just feel drained. After the gym I also put in my ac which is ancient and weighs a ton. My abs are also on fire for whatever reason, I went to put a shirt on and just putting my hands over my head and stretching the abs a bit really made me feel it.

The lack of performance in the gym but be from last night. All week at work I was learning a new position which is mentally exhausting but my girlfriend who was supposed to stain her deck yesterday was having trouble so I went straight over at work and worked on her deck. It was super hot and humid but I used a roller on a lot of it and my shoulders were burning afterwards. I then put her two ac's in which I had to carry up 2 flights of steps. It wasn't difficult but the heat really took it out of me.

Saturday

Leg extension superset with seated leg curl superset with straight bar pull down 3 sets
    Hack squat superset with lat pull down 3 sets
    Bulgarian Split squat superset with close grip pull down 3 sets
    Seated Hammer curl 3 sets
    EZ curl bar preacher curl superset with seated calve raise 3 sets
    Cable curls 3 sets

Not the best workout. I woke up and felt good, couldn't wait to get to the gym as I had other stuff to do but once I got to the gym I felt worn out. My body parts were burning after just 3 or 4 reps when it was a weight where I usually can get 10 reps. After each set I just felt super drained. Maybe it was the heat or the long week of work. Part of me thinks I might need to extra rest from the gym. The gym is closed Monday and I usually take Sunday off so I might take these next 2 days to recover. Even now it's so nice outside I feel like I should be out there but I just feel drained. After the gym I also put in my ac which is ancient and weighs a ton. My abs are also on fire for whatever reason, I went to put a shirt on and just putting my hands over my head and stretching the abs a bit really made me feel it.

The lack of performance in the gym but be from last night. All week at work I was learning a new position which is mentally exhausting but my girlfriend who was supposed to stain her deck yesterday was having trouble so I went straight over at work and worked on her deck. It was super hot and humid but I used a roller on a lot of it and my shoulders were burning afterwards. I then put her two ac's in which I had to carry up 2 flights of steps. It wasn't difficult but the heat really took it out of me.

Tuesday

Flat bench 6 sets
    Shoulder press 6 sets
    Skull crusher 6 sets

Decline hammer strength superset with seated side laterals superset with rope extension 3 sets

I was super drained after work. I got to the gym and felt like I could fall asleep, I really could of used some Pump Juice extreme. I still had a fairly good workout. The bench felt light and the bar was moving pretty well at lighter weights, as I get heavy the overall load felt light but felt pretty heavy during the movement. Shoulder press I think I set a PR and if I didn't, I was damn close. By the end of the workout I felt wiped though which is fine. It might of been the grass fed burgers I had Monday but I looked really full while at the gym yesterday, if I can keep this fullness and get a touch leaner I'll be pretty thrilled.
    Last edited by Young Gotti; 06-01-2016 at 01:14 PM.

Wednesday

cut 3 yards as cardio

My brother moved away and we used to alternate cutting my grandmother and aunts grass. So now I have to do it, I'm using my cardio day to do both as they are on big hills and pretty big yards. Of course it's not a HIIT workout but I figured if I could burn some fat and get a tan while doing it. I then made a deal with a co worker last year that I would cut his grass twice for an xbox 360, I only did it once last year so I did it last night again. His yard it small but it's almost a vertical hill which makes it difficult and he never cuts it so it's usually huge grass with rocks and bricks thrown in the mix.

By the end I was pretty wiped out, got a nice sweat and a small pump in legs from going up and down the hills.

Thursday

Squat 6 sets
    Lat pulldown 6 sets
    Seated DB curl 6 sets

High rope row superset with stiff legged DB deadlift 3 sets
    Standing calve raise superset with chest pad t bar row superset with preacher curl machine 2 sets

Had a nasty tight neck/headache yesterday. All day it was wrapping around my neck and over my left eye. I still have it this morning but it's not as bad. I was also exhausted going to the gym. I feel like I've been burning the candle at both ends even though I'm still in bed to get 8 hours. The workout was pretty good, I stayed higher reps for the first 3 or 4 sets and then went really heavy for the last two. Last time I squatted I didn't like the depth I got on the heavier sets so I reduced the weight and really concentrated on getting really low with a slight pause at the bottom. I got a really good pump yesterday too, I'm not on any pump products at the moment but it was pretty impressive.

I finally got more Phytofuze for my stash and I'm adding it back into the mix. I figure I'm on lower calories, feel worn out that maybe it'll help me feel a bit better and of course get some extra nutrients. So my night time mixture is 1 scoop of Premium Powders BCAA, 1 Scoop of agmatine, a scoop of fiber, and 1 scoop of Phytofuze. It's delicious and a nice little sweetness before bed.

I had those days often given my job varies day by day with fitness classes, rucks, marches, runs, hikes etc.....can make a great day early leave me drained dead by evening before I need to train. Been using an omegawave unit for 4 months now and its been a god send for helping me adjust training intensity based on readings. not felt like as once in the gym in 4 months and going since starting every other day measures.

The weekend, went to Pittsburgh for my cousins graduation. So needless to say I didn't get to the gym but played a bunch of Frisbee and walked around the city a bit. Didn't eat as much or as "clean" as I should have, it was nice to see family though, most of who I haven't seen in years.

back to the gym today

Monday

Squat 7 sets
    Seated DB curl 6 sets
    Lat pull down 6 sets

Leg press superset with hammer strength low row superset with preacher curl machine 3 sets
    Straight bar pulldown 2 sets

My legs still felt off from last Thursday. Sort of felt like jello in the morning and then when I was walking up steps towards the end of the day my hamstrings were on fire and sore. Didn't know how squatting would work out. So I started my sets and noticed I wasn't getting as deep as I should of, I think I was getting to a weak point in my legs and stopping so I decided to take a step back and make sure I went all the way down and even paused at the bottom, which forced some of my reps to be lost but it was nice to get super low and pause. Because of the lower reps on the squats I kept my reps on the leg press on the higher side. It was like 90 and humid out but the gym owner didn't have the AC on in the gym so it was like a sauna, just sweat everywhere and breathing heavy after everything.

I need to weigh myself, hopefully I can remember tonight because it's been awhile and I believe I look leaner but I'd like to see if the scale has moved at all.

Managing Dir., Rx Muscle Forums Curt James's Avatar
    Big Jeff's Family Restaurant, 815 Fremont Ave, South Pasadena, CA

Quote Originally Posted by Young Gotti View Post
    Workout started out pretty bad, one guy started talking to me before I even started and wouldn't stop.
    Wouldn't it feel good to just tell those people to stfu? It's a struggle to be polite at times.

Screenshot_2016-06-07-11-11-52-1.jpg

Tuesday

Flat bench 6 sets
    Standing shoulder press (diamond bar) 6 sets
    Skull crushers 6 sets

Low cable fly superset with rope extension superset with side lateral raise 3 sets

Pretty good workout, strength felt where it should be, almost killed myself on the last set of bench, should of had a spotter but went at it alone but survived. Almost killed myself on the shoulder press. I do it in a rack, I put two bars across to hold the bar. Well in the middle of a set the one bar fell out of the rack, so I had to hold the bar while someone put it back into the rack which not only took forever but I was exhausted just from holding the weight for so long. All in all it was a good workout.

Weight last night, down .8lbs....I was disappointed in the results as I feel like I've been trying to be more active and look a touch leaner. Might have to ramp up cardio a bit or play with my macros to get things fired up.

Wednesday

5 minutes HIIT cardio
    60 crunches
    5 minutes HIIT cardio
    60 crunches
    5 minutes HIIT cardio
    60 crunches
    5 minutes cardio
    60 crunches
    5 minutes cardio
    60 crunches

Thought I might have to cut grass again yesterday but I got lucky. It was cold and raining throughout the day so it was too damp to cut. I was happy to get back into my regular routine. What a difference it makes when it's not 90 degrees outside. I was sweating but not like I have been the last few weeks because of the heat. Felt like I breezed through the cardio. Abs are a bit sore this morning, twisted at my desk to turn a fan on and it was a struggle haha.

Still going to the gym on Saturday morning but afterwards I have a scheduled spa day with my girl. Hot tub and massage, can't wait and really trying to beat up my body before then.

Weight last night, down .8lbs....I was disappointed in the results as I feel like I've been trying to be more active and look a touch leaner. Might have to ramp up cardio a bit or play with my macros to get things fired up.
    I counted calories and dropped just short of 25 lbs.

Need to bump up my protein.

Tried doing one solid meal with all other meals taken in shakes. That didn't work for me at all.

Still going to the gym on Saturday morning but afterwards I have a scheduled spa day with my girl. Hot tub and massage, can't wait and really trying to beat up my body before then.
    Winning!

Thursday

Leg extension superset with lying leg curl superset with t bar row 3 sets
    Front squat superset with pull ups 3 sets
    Leg press superset with close grip pulldown 3 sets
    Standing calve raise superset with barbell curl 3 sets
    Seated DB hammer curl 3 sets
    High cable double arm curl 3 sets
    BB reverse curl 3 sets

Supposed to be my volume day which I accomplished pretty well, after doing less reps on the squat than normal this week I kept the reps for each set higher on my leg movements. Once I got into the front squat and pull up superset it was on, I was sweating pretty good and struggling to catch my breath. After watching some guys at the gym front squat and move about 2 inches I made sure I was getting deep with my squats. Did some extra bicep work which I was happy about, usually when I have some extra time I do more legs or back but today decided to do more bicep work.

Bring on the rest day!

Page 11 of 35 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast