Page 2 of 35 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Gotti's Journal

Monday

Flat bench press 3 sets (last set drop set)
    Incline Bench press 3 sets (last set drop set)
    Shoulder press 3 sets
    Side Lateral Raise 3 sets
    Skull crusher into close grip press 3 sets
    Rope extensions 3 sets

Peck deck superset with standing db press superset with overhead db extensions 3 sets
    Dip machine supserset with face pull 2 sets

My energy was good yesterday, I felt ready to go energy and focus wise. However I had some bad tightness in my left trap muscle which is nothing new for me. No excuses, but the weight just wasn't moving. I was trying to push as much as I could but the weight just wasn't moving well. That's why I did the drop sets on the chest workout. Even though the weight being pushed wasn't good I felt like the intensity was good as I was giving it my all. I was dying during the triple superset, really feeling the burn and breathing heavily. Overall I was happy with the workout

Yesterday I said I was feeling bloated, today is much better, I don't feel bloated and I feel better

Tuesday

Squat 3 sets
    Leg press superset with calf raises 3 sets
    Lat pulldown 3 sets
    Rope low row 3 sets
    Straight bar pull down 3 sets
    DB curl 3 sets
    Preacher curl machine superset with stiff leg dead lift 3 sets
    Reverse curls 3 sets

Felt like I had a good workout yesterday. The weight was moving nicely, no PR's or that sort of thing but I increased my weight on squats for 8 reps over the last week which I was happy about. I concentrated heavily on my squeeze during the curls and they felt like I was really exhausting the muscle. Stiff leg dead's I was feeling a really nice squeeze in my hams and glutes. I tend to do "half reps" for stiff legs, once I feel my glutes activate I lower again and must have gone to high on a rep or two, my lower back was feeling it when I was laying in bed last night.

I'm def feeling thicker in my upper body, today I put a button down on that I've had for alittle bit and it's noticeably more snug in my shoulder and chest area. Yesterday in the gym I looked bigger in the upper body even with a baggy t shirt on. My quads looked bigger after my shower last night too, but I'm thinking they still had a pump, I'll take a closer look when they are cold tonight

Wednesday

20 minutes liss cardio

Roman chair leg raises superset with weighted side dips 4 sets
    Crunches 4 sets

Nothing exciting about Wednesdays workout but for some odd reason I was looking forward to taking the intensity down a notch for a day looked forward to get putting my headphones on and walking. I went a bit over 20 minutes just because I wasn't really paying attention to the time.

After I posted yesterday about how the shirt felt tight, I struggled the rest of the day just feeling fat and warm. It could of been the temperature in my building. I'm going to stick with this plan until the new year but I feel like some HIIT cardio could make me feel better.

Thursday

Flat Bench superset with rear delt fly 3 sets
    Under hand bench superset with seated side lateral raise 3 sets
    Decline Hammer Strength superset with facepull 3 sets
    Skull Crushers into close grip press 3 sets
    Underhand reverse extensions 3 sets
    Rope Extensions 3 sets

Hammer strength press superset with cable side raises 3 sets

Good workout here, the flat press didn't lead to great weight going up but the squeeze in my pecs was solid. I did set a PR for the underhand press. Thats a tricky movement and it's kind of scary to go superheavy, you have a bar sitting in your palms with is tricky. But I went heavy and the weight was moving which I was happy with. For anyone who's never tried this movement I recommend it. I used to do it as part of my chest workout and noticed marked improvements in my upper chest. Facepulls of course needed to be thrown in because I have a bad trap muscle and i feel like facepulls and straight bar pulldowns help with my posture.

Pump was pretty good too. I really like hitting muscles a few times a week but still to get a pump it's a good feeling. Overall though I feel like I look bigger or more solid even in regular clothes. Pretty happy as my hard work is really starting to show.

Saturday

Leg extension supserset with laying leg curl superset with t bar row 3 sets
    Leg press supserset with close grip lat pulldown 3 sets
    Weighted split leg squat superset with straight bar pulldown 3 sets
    ez curl bar curls 3 sets
    reverse curl 3 sets
    double arm high cable curl 3 sets

Energy was a bit low this morning. I got family visiting from out of town so I was out a little last night so I was out later than I wanted to be. Usually I would front squat today and do pull ups but I just felt groggy. After my leg press work I felt like I need to wake up or do something a bit difficult, so I did the split leg squat, for me thats a tough exercise. I really feel the stretch and the burn as I get to higher reps. For anyone who has ever watched Jon Meadows and Evan C train together I do it the way they do. I usually get really sore every time I do these so I gutted through it. Even though I felt tired I had a decent sweat going on and breathing heavy so I'll take it.

The pump in my back is still there. I bent over to grab something at the house and could feel my whole lat still had a decent pump to it. My biceps are pumping up super easy on this log which is great. Over the years I haven't really enjoyed training biceps or didn't put the intensity in that department but recently I'm really into doing biceps again.

Monday

Squat 3 sets
    Leg press superset with calve raises 3 sets
    Lat pulldown 3 sets
    Low rope cable row 3 sets
    Straight bar pulldown 3 sets
    Rope hammer curls 3 sets
    DB curl 3 sets
    Preacher curl machine 3 sets

Fairly good workout yesterday. The squats felt really easy, sort of. After the first set I racked the weight and felt a pop in my bicep, almost like a sting. So I was concerned I hurt something but it went away fairly quickly. The weight was moving pretty smoothly on squats, I got to the last heavy set and thought it felt good, until the last rep where getting out of the hole was difficult, for a second I thought I was going to dump the weight but I got it up. The back work went fairly smooth and of course the biceps pumped up pretty fast.

Next week I'm going to go back to my normal split just to change things up and see how my body reacts to the change. I miss doing more sets of squats, not doing deadlifts, and really going fast to make sure I get all the movements in. Now I just have to remember this next Monday when I walk in the gym.

Tuesday

Flat Bench 4 sets
    Decline Hammer Strength 3sets
    Shoulder press 3 sets
    Side lateral Raise 3 sets
    Underhand overhead backwards extensions 3 sets
    Straight bar extension 3 sets

Cable cross low setting superset with face pull superset with rope extension 3 sets
    Dips 2 sets
    Cable kickback 2 sets

So I set a PR for bench, I went into the gym feeling awesome. I was looking forward to the gym all day and it showed towards the beginning of the workout. I felt really good benching but on my pr I felt some pain in my lower chest. I went on to do decline press because the incline bench was literally taken for an hour. I didn't feel anymore pain. I felt powerful during the shoulder press and a really good squeeze for the side lateral raises. The problems came when I went to do dips. I felt like I should close out my workout with dips which will hit all the muscles I worked. But when I lowered myself I had some intense pain in my lower chest. I thought something was wrong. As the night went on I didn't notice the pain anymore and the funny thing is I choked on water later in the night and the other side of my chest hurt. This morning getting out of the car my chest hurt.

So it was a good workout I was happy with, hope the injury isn't anything big. The strength increase so far during this log has me satisfied and the pump in my chest yesterday was awesome.

Wednesday

LISS cardio on a treadmill

ab lounge, too many sets, just did a whole bunch

Nothing fun to report here, went in, did my time and went home. My pec muscle still hurt a bit, I bent over to put down a cleaning bottle on the floor and felt it. So as I was walking on the treadmill I did a few things to try and stretch or turn lightly to see what would hurt or not hurt and it wasn't too bad. But when I went and did abs I felt some pain. If you know what the ab lounge is you know you could really stretch backwards and that's when I'd feel some pain in my lower chest area but only one the left side. I still have a few days to let it heal before I'm due to train chest again so hoping it goes away.

Thursday

Leg extension superset with laying leg curl superset with t bar row 3 sets
    Front squat superset with pull ups 3 sets
    Leg press superset with hammer strength low row 3 sets
    Straight bar pull down superset with db straight leg DL 3 sets
    Straight bar cable curl 6 sets
    Straight bar reverse cable curl 4 sets

Set a PR for front squat, but that's not saying much. Over all the years of training I've just started using the front squat and still feel like my balance and form get iffy too often. So even though it's a best for me I feel like I could go a lot heavier, just not confident enough in my form to think the extra weight would be worthwhile. I've been barking at a big guy in my gym to keep going heavier on his lifts because he makes them look fairly easy so I figured I'd just put my money where my mouth is and do a bit more weight than I'm used to. Overall I didn't notice any kind of real pumps today. I was running low on time at the end and the cable curls felt like the contraction was good but a pump just never really got going.

This morning my knee is in a bit of pain, I'm falling apart. I'll probably take a few days off here or there as the holidays get closer hopefully to recover a bit, if I'm still hurting myself I'll probably take a few consecutive days off at the beginning of the year. I like doing that anyway just to avoid the new years ppl.

Saturday

Chest press machine superset with shoulder press machine superset with dip machine 4 sets
    Cable crossovers superset with single underhand extension superset with side lateral raises 4 sets

extra cardio

I took it easy as I've been hurting myself a lot lately and this week I'm going to try my old split. Monday is Chest and Tri's. So Saturday I built up a decent pump and worked kind of fast in order to feel a good burn. Its the same workout I did last winter on Wednesday's in order to hit my upper body twice in a week. I still challenged myself with the weights but kept the reps closer to 10-15. Because I wanted to keep the overall volume low I did a bit of extra cardio.

Monday

Flat Bench 4 sets
    Incline Bench 5 sets
    Cable crossover 4 sets

Skull Crusher 3 sets
    Overhead DB press 3 sets
    Straight bar extension 3 sets
    DB kickbacks 1 set

As I mentioned this week I'm going to go back to a more normal split just to see what happens to my strength/pump/ and fullness. Yesterday I felt zoned in the entire workout. However the strength wasn't the greatest, I figured I'd go in and see what I could do. I tried for a PR on bench and failed but whatever. I really felt like I pushed myself throughout the whole workout, the incline bench was a struggle, not doing the weight just that it took a lot out of me overall. Tricep work also felt good. Usually after skull crushers I would go to cables but I felt ready to roll so I continued with the dumbbell presses. Last night in the mirror I felt like I did look pretty thick overall.

The pump in my chest was really solid during the workout. I was hoping to get on the hammer strength machine at some point but time and the people in the gym didn't allow it but for what I did the pump was really nice. It's nice to get out of the shower and it look like your upper chest is starting to catch up to your lower chest haha. Tricep pump wasn't the greatest but that's where I'm most sore this morning so go figure.

Tuesday

Deadlift 4 sets
    Pull ups 1 set
    Lat Pulldown 3 sets
    T bar row superset with meadows row 3 sets
    Straight bar pulldown 3 sets

DB single arm preacher curl 3 sets
    Preacher curl machine 3 sets
    Double bicep cable curl superset with reverse curl 3 sets

I come here today humbled haha. It's been awhile since I deadlifted because of the type of split I was running and was super excited to get back to them yesterday. I didn't go super heavy but it was a struggle to say the least. My trap muscle tightened up in my neck and it was giving me pain and making me a little dizzy. As you see I tried to do pull ups and was like wow that was way harder than it should be. After alittle bit I felt better but it felt like I never deadlifted before.

My back is really sore today. I could feel every muscle every time I move. Bicep pumps were out of control last night. Even when I was washing my hair I could feel my arms still all pumped up.

This morning I woke up, I feel full and seem to look full. The band on the arm of my shirt feels snug. Can the pump really last this long?

Wednesday

LISS cardio

hanging leg raises superset with weighted side dips 3 sets
    crunches 4 sets
    rope crunches 2 sets

So my gym Is getting some stuff re-padded, I usually do roman chair leg raises but the pads were gone. So I used the dip handles from the piece of equipment and did leg raises while holding myself up on the handles. It was an interesting new movement for me. Anyway, nothing really to report as far as the workout goes.

For three days now I haven't slept well and I've felt pretty fuzzy in the morning. Like my brain isn't working very well. First day or two I sort of brushed it off but this is 3 days in a row now. Usually when this happens I need some time off. I'm hoping doing the once a week split will maybe help a bit and get me to the end of the year.

Managing Dir., Rx Muscle Forums Curt James's Avatar
    Big Jeff's Family Restaurant, 815 Fremont Ave, South Pasadena, CA

Quote Originally Posted by Young Gotti View Post
    I'm falling apart.
    Hey, you're singing my song!

Hope you're feeling better, Gotti.

Thursday

Leg extension superset with laying leg curl 4 sets
    Squats 5 sets
    Box squats 4 sets
    Seated Calve raises superset with vertical leg press 4 sets

Went into the gym with sore hamstrings still from deadlifting on Tuesday. I figured doing some leg curls I'd get some blood in my ham's and the pain and tightness would go away. But once I got to squats I really felt my hamstrings every rep. Once I got to box squats is when I knew I was in trouble. I felt a full leg pump coming on hard. It wasn't just my quads or just my ham's, it was literally wrapping around my whole leg. That's when I decided the vertical leg press could cause some extra torture as gravity just pushes even more blood into the legs.

It felt really good to be able to do a long squat session. I haven't done anything like that in awhile. I didn't go super heavy but my rep range was on the higher side.

So just alittle update. I tend to take peoples comments about changes in my body as a sign that theres some real noticeable differences. I don't know if he's trolling or not but a guy at work started calling me Johnny Bravo (which I had to look up) and just makes comments about how big I am or how big I'll be in a year or two. So I just take that I'm adding size that's noticeable to other people. However last night was another sleepless night. I feel super foggy this morning. So today is a welcomed rest day to hopefully get myself recharged a bit.

Page 2 of 35 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast