Tuesday

Leg extension superset with lying leg curl 4 sets
    Squats 4 sets
    Standing Calve raise 4 sets
    Pull ups 4 sets
    Straight bar pulldown 4 sets
    T bar row 4 sets
    Leg press superset with lat pulldown 4 sets

Having some issues with my squat right now. As I get low into the squat my groin is pulling like crazy with pain. I don't know whats happening, I didn't go heavy on the squat and that's why I had to throw in some leg press at the end of the workout because I wanted to make sure I hit my legs with some heavy weight. The bar work was really good though. My gf thinks since I've been dealing with pain over the last week or so in my groin area and other spots that I should take some time off from the gym. I feel like I've missed days here or there over the last few months so I don't want to take a full week off but my sleep is also iffy which is an indicator for me that I need some time off. Maybe I'll throw in a 2 or 3 day stretch of off days, we'll see.

Wednesday

10 minutes farmers walks (20 second intervals)
    30 weighted crunches
    5 minutes farmers walks (30 second intervals)
    30 weighted crunches
    5 minutes farmers walks (30 second intervals)
    60 crunches
    5 minutes walk

So I went up with my weight on the farmers walk and decreased the interval time. I thought 20 seconds would be a good amount but it wasn't destroying my grip strength all that much. That's why I increased it to 30 seconds which was a little better. All in all I broke somewhat of a sweat and it was challenging. I'm also short and I keep the DB in the cup holders of the treadmill while I'm not holding them, the extra weight got tough to get up into the cup holders while walking a few times. The year is coming to an end, I think I'm going to finish tonight and Saturdays work out and take Sunday, Monday, and Tuesday off from the gym, possibly Wednesday and Thursday we'll see how I feel.

Holidays got me again

I worked out Thursday and Saturday. Brought the new years in and haven't been back to the gym yet. Wanted to take some time off to get help heal some injuries, it's been since the first week of September since I really took a few consecutive planned days off from the gym so my body probably needed some break. I will be going back today but I've decided this week I'll just go light and worry about correcting any form issues but more importantly getting some blood into the muscle and doing cardio.

I started the new year with some health and detox type supplements that I'll be using. Apple cider vinegar and pink salt in the morning, iforce thermoxyn detox, threw in some hawthorne berries, and a greens supplement back into the arsenal. Get the year off right and make sure I'm as healthy as possible as I go forward.

Wednesday

Side lateral raise 4 sets
    Reverse peck deck 4 sets
    Wide grip high row 4 sets
    Hammer strength press 4 sets
    Peck deck 4 sets
    Low cable crossover 4 sets

The goal here was to just get some blood in the muscle which I did successfully. Another goal was/is to get some stretching in to hopefully relieve some tightness and improve posture. I did some weighted stretches for the chest and shoulders. I think did some stretches for my back, hopefully to get everything in place. It was a pretty decent workout, no pressure to go crazy, no pressure to fit in a certain amount of sets or anything, just went in there and did my thing. Today I'll do back and legs, Saturday I'll do arms and we'll get back on track next week.

Thursday

Lat pulldown 4 set
    Chest pad t bar row 4 sets
    Leg extension superset with seated leg curl 4 sets
    Vertical leg press 4 sets
    Seated calve raise 4 sets

Again nothing heavy, just trying to build a pump. Also again did some stretching at the end, the vertical leg press really bothered the groin area so I made sure I stretched it out really good at the end. The stretching felt really good, it wasn't painful it was almost relieving the pain a bit, I need to keep up the stretching and dedicate more time to it. I've been doing it after my workouts but nothing too long just a light stretch but the last two days I put in more time to it and yesterday it really felt good.

Saturday

DB Curl 4 sets
    BB curl 4 sets
    Preacher curl machine 4 sets
    Cable skull crushers 4 sets
    Rope extensions 4 sets
    Dip machine 4 sets

So I had planned on going light one last time before getting back into the groove on Monday. But I got some samples to review and I'm not the type that wants to go 50% when reviewing a product and possibly give an inaccurate review. So I did my workout like it wasn't a deload type week and had a fairly good workout. I'll touch on some of the aspects of the workout during the review. As I've mentioned it's become a goal to really do some work at the end of my session for more stretching or work to improve posture/pain prevention. I whipped out some YTI's on Saturday because my neck was super tight and after I was done with a few sets and some face pulls the neck cracked like crazy. I went and got a massage later in the day too which hopefully helps moving forward.

onto the review:

PES Prolific- Rasberry Lemonade

First off thanks to the guys at PES for sending my samples to try out.

Taste: This is a big one for me, I have no been a fan of PES's flavors in the past. The flavor this time was good. It was very similar to the Alphamine flavoring imo but a lot less chemical tasting. The word that stuck out to me when drinking it was smooth. It drank really smooth and was enjoyable. The one thing I noticed was that it did have plenty of flavor but each sip I caught myself saying "I wish it had more lemonade flavor, I wish it had more raspberry flavor" The flavoring was not weak but some of the lemon and raspberry didn't come out as much as it could.

Mixability: I didn't notice any problems mixing it. I just went with a cup and spoon and didn't seem to have any problems.

Energy: For me the energy was fine. It wasn't the strongest but it was noticeable. As I get older I don't want crazy stimulants as much anymore so this worked out well. I took it on a Saturday morning and it acted like a strong cup of coffee and got me awake as I drove to the gym. If someone wanted something to really amp them up though they might be a bit disappointed.

Pump: Pump again was fine. It wasn't the strongest pump I've ever had from a product but it was better than not taking any type of pump product. It would be hard to compare to pump type products. I'd say it was better than 1g of agmatine by itself but not quite as good as taking a nitrate product. My biceps got fairly pumped during the first two exercises while my triceps didn't feel a pump until the rope extensions. During the rope extensions though the squeeze on my outter head of the tricep was pretty strong. Pump didn't seem to last that long either.

Focus: This is the main reason why I wanted to try the product. I first must say I think products like this, it's better to have a full tub because it could take some time to get used to the focus aspect of the product and really be able to navigate the focus the best way possible. The focus on Saturday was hit and miss. Some points during the workout I felt pretty focused, almost like it was about to put me in tunnel vision but never quite got there. Other times I felt like there wasn't anything going on in terms of extra laser like focus. While it was decent, it wasn't the tunnel vision I had hoped.

Summary: I took both packets that was sent to me based on the reviews I saw of others. I would say PES Prolific is more of an all around product imo than the best at anything. It provided energy, pump, and some focus but I wouldn't say I was blown away at any of the benefits it provided. This is a supplement that I would probably use though as I'm not looking for crazy stimulant feeling, I think I could better hone in on the focus aspect and the pump provided me with a good enough pump to be happy. I have not looked at the tub to see how many servings but I would recommend two servings, and I would prefer the two servings put into 1 scoop at 30 servings per tub.

I'm out of time but I'll try and get a small review of another sample that was sent to me.

Monday

Squat 6 sets
    Standing Calve raise 2 sets
    Leg extension superset with lying leg curl 2 sets
    Weighted Pull ups 4 sets
    T bar row 4 sets

Back to the grind and it not only felt good but I had a really solid workout. If you've been following I usually do the superset at the beginning of the workout to get some blood in the legs quickly and loosen things up more than just the warm up. But people were ont he equipment so I went straight to squatting. It felt really good, my groin was still tight but I did the first 3 sets fairly light and went slow, I lowered until I felt the pull and then really paid attention as I continued to get into the deeper part of my squat to make sure no crazy pain happened. I got to the superset and my legs felt gassed, they worked as a nice finisher as my legs were filled with blood and a bit shaky. I also felt the shakiness during the t bar row, when I lifted the weight I could feel my quads and hams shake a little. I still went heavy for me on the t bar row, probably heavier than I've gone in a long time. So overall I felt like it was a successful day back.

Tuesday

Standing shoulder press 4 sets
    Facepull 4 sets
    Flat bench 4 sets
    Incline bench 4 sets
    Peck Deck 4 sets

Not the greatest workout here. I think the intensity was right where it needed to be, the weight however wasn't all that great. After I was happy with my Monday workout, I figured the Tuesday workout would of been really solid and the weight just wasn't there. Like I said the intensity was good and I felt pretty good but I missed a rep or two when I was aiming for a higher rep count during certain sets. Nothing to really hang my head on though and I kept pushing. The shoulder pump was really good, my shoulders got super round during the workout, damn I wish they would stay like that all the time.

With the new year I am no longer "bulking" even though I never really got into a "bulk", I just increased my calories slowly and lowered the intensity of my cardio. Last year was such a disaster when I had someone do my diet that I was a bit gun shy to go all out bulk again. So far I haven't adjusted my diet but I am throwing in an extra few minutes on the cardio and staying more active on my day off. Now that footballs over sundays are my off day from the gym but I plan on being active, this sunday I put together shelving in a room and had to move everything from one floor to another and it wore me out to be honest. So that's the plan, come February I'll start to slowly decrease calories just a touch in preparation to cut some fat.

Wednesday

20 minutes incline treadmill
    5 sets of 25 weighted rope crunches
    10 minutes stationary bike

My body was really sore yesterday. My legs hurt from Monday, my chest hurt from Tuesday. So it was nice to be able to go to the gym and just do some cardio. I didn't push it and I was walking on the treadmill but I was going sideways some of the time, taking big steps sometimes....really to get everything stretched out. Doing all of that while on in incline still provided an ok cardio session. The stationary bike worked well to finish things off too, I'm a short guy so the seat needs to be low on these things but I'm sort of in the middle of two settings on the seat height, I stayed on the one that was a bit too low because it brought my knees up high, almost like a high knee walk and it felt pretty good. Still sore this morning in my legs, today I deadlift, so hopefully as the day goes on they loosen up a bit.

Thursday

Deadlift 7 sets
    Straight bar pulldown 3 sets
    Leg press 3 sets
    Lat pulldown 3 sets
    Seated Leg curl 3 sets

Normally I would of only did 4 sets of deadlifts but last time I got some pointers on my form so I was testing it out. I stayed on the lighter side the first 3 sets to see how it worked and it felt really good. Everything was firing together so I figured I would keep going and gradually increase the weight. Hamstrings felt like the weak link even though I never failed on a lift so that's why I did the extra hamstring curls at the end. I also stretched a good deal afterwards to make sure nothing tightened up and it felt amazing.

Saturday

DB curl 4 sets
    BB curl 4 sets
    Double cable high curl 4 sets
    Underhand reverse extension 4 sets
    Rope extension 4 sets
    Underhand extension 4 sets
    Overhand single arm extension 4 sets

Monday

Reverse peck deck 4 sets
    Shoulder press on hack squat 4 sets
    Incline bench 4 sets
    Flat bench 4 sets
    Cable crossover 4 sets

Yesterday was a tail of two tapes. I was off so I woke up and went to the gym, at first my energy levels were complete garbage. Hence why I didn't do standing shoulder press with free weights, I just didn't feel the energy or motivation and figured if I tried anything difficult my form would not be where I want it to be. However once I got into my chest workout, I was locked in. I felt really good and the benching felt strong and I was energized and focused. Even with the Max Out I probably just needed extra time to wake up. All in all I enjoyed the workout towards the end, especially the cable crossovers, the squeeze and pump were fantastic. The stretching afterwards felt amazing as well.

Tuesday

Squat 6 sets
    Standing Calve raise 4 sets
    Leg extension superset with lying leg curl 2 sets
    Weighted pull up 4 sets
    T bar row 4 sets

Groin is improving, the tightness was still noticeable not nearly as bad. As long as I do the negative portion of the movement in complete control it's fine. So I was doing slow negatives and explosive pushes for the first 3 or 4 sets, the last 2 sets I increased the weight pretty heavy and just concentrated on getting a deep squat and not really the amount of reps I was getting. This flushed my legs with blood, so much so that when I was doing t bar rows my legs were wobbling as I was holding the weight. I also think I worked a bit to fast as I feel I gassed myself. I still pushed myself during the back portion of the workout but I was not nearly as fresh.

Wednesday

10 minutes farmers walk
    Rope crunches superset with side dips
    5 minutes stationary bike
    crunches superset with leg raises
    5 minutes stationary bike
    crunches superset with leg raises
    5 minutes treadmill
    leg raises superset with crunches

It was a nice empty gym so equipment was all open and no one using anything so it was great. Started off with farmers carries 1 minute on and 1 minute off, which was good but when I was doing I felt like my hip was a bit tight, hence why I did the bike after that I feel like the motion and stretch on the bike helped workout the tightness a bit and I didn't feel it the rest of the night. Instead of just normal crunches I decided to do a few different things for the abs just to enjoy the workout a bit more. All in all it was a success, I enjoy doing different things each time and not just doing straight time on the treadmill or not just doing crunches.

Thursday

chest press machine superset with shoulder press machine 4 sets
    X cable reverse fly 4 sets
    Cable crossover superset with side raise 4 sets
    Cable cross (low setting) superset with side raise 4 sets

So until the end of the month my job is offering overtime. At first I wasn't going to work it because the talks were it's just once a week and it wouldn't be worth but they changed it to multiple days a week. Anyway training is important but having somewhere to live is more important so I'm going to be doing overtime when it's offered until the end of the month. My workouts will probably look a lot like this one. Supersetting things or machines where I can move quickly, because I'm getting out of work late and the owner of the gym has shut the lights out on me during my normal workouts, I'm getting there even later now so I'm waiting for him to kick my out. Luckily last night there was other ppl there so it wasn't to bad but I wanted to move quickly just in case. I was also super tired from work and figured it was too late to take a pre workout if I wanted to sleep so I was running on low energy. The workout was good though the pumps from moving quickly were really solid. Driving home I notice when my hands were on the steering wheel that my shoulders will really full and I could feel the pump more than normal. So maybe this little change for a week or two will be a good thing, sort of a shock.

Saturday

BB curl 4 sets
    DB curl 4 sets
    Double cable high curl 4 sets
    Cable skull crusher 4 sets
    Underhand extension 4 sets
    Rope extension 4 sets

Really good workout. The pump I've been getting has been crazy and when you get that arm pump, there may not be anything better. It has been growing quickly and lasting until well after I leave the gym. I haven't really switched anything up for my arm day and just go with basics yet I'm really enjoying the workout. I might do triceps first in the coming weeks but the movements shouldn't change much.

One thing I have noticed is I've been tired a lot lately, Saturday after the gym I sat down and I did not want to get up then Sunday I woke up and did my thing around the house, up and down the steps doing laundry but once the football game on I was glued to my seat and not really in a good way, I ended up going to bed earlier than usual last night. I'm thinking its the winter and lack of sun but I'm not sure, hopefully that goes away since I'll be working some extra hours at work the rest of the month.

Page 20 of 35 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast