Page 24 of 35 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast

Thread: Gotti's Journal

Saturday

BB curl superset with close grip press 4 sets
    DB curl superset with rope extension 4 sets
    Rope hammer curl superset with underhand extension 3 sets
    Double high cable curl superset with dip machine 3 sets

Pretty good workout, not the best weight I've ever used but I was forced to go up in weight. I do my arm training on the top floor of my gym on Saturdays. Usually I'm the only one up there and have free reign. During my DB curls an old man who was having trouble moving sat in front of the DB rack. Instead of walking around him I just grabbed some heavier DBs and used them for the sets. Probably not the best form but felt good to toss around heavier weight. Arms felt super pumped by the end.

Yesterday was really nice out and I did some yard work, carried some mulch around and washed my car. I wanted to do more but my sleep has been crap and I'm getting an eye twitch which for me usually means I need some good rest. So instead of pushing it I decided to take the afternoon to relax. Got a good nights sleep last night, I just hope that carries going forward as I've felt a bit worn out energy wise.

Monday

Leg press superset with lat pulldown 4 sets
    Leg extension superset with lying leg curl superset with chest pad t bar row 4 sets
    Vertical leg press superset with close grip lat pulldown 4 sets

Intense workout. I was looking forward to getting to the gym and I really tried to push myself extra hard. I'm not sure if the workout was that much more intense or because it was sort of warm out but I was gassed and sweating more so than normal. It felt good but by the time cardio came around I just felt spent. Hopefully I can keep the intensity up, sometimes after the overtime the last thing I want to do is lift but it's a necessity.

Not really much more to report, I should get on the scale this week and see what it shows.

Tuesday

Hammer strength press superset with side lateral raise 4 sets
    Decline hammer strength press superset with reverse peck deck 4 sets
    Cable crossover low cable superset with wide grip high row 4 sets

While I was at work I was hungry, miserable, and tired. I didn't know what to expect once I got to the gym but the workout wasn't to bad. I was happy with the weight I was moving around and the mind/muscle connection, especially in my shoulders. All my shoulder movements really felt like I was hitting the targeted area very well. I don't do much in terms of high rows when my training is more normalized but they really felt like they finished off my side delts which was nice. The one thing I struggled with was time, I work fast when I have overtime and I felt like I was going quickly but as I noticed the clock it seemed like I either got to the gym late or I was moving slower than I thought.

Also the gym again was stuffy, broke a nice sweat but the 2nd floor of the gym felt like and attic, it wasn't even that warm outside but the air wasn't moving much.

I did weight myself last night and I'm down 2.5lbs which is sort of just whatever at this point. Good to see but I'm not overly concerned with it had it stayed the same.

Wednesday

10 minutes treadmill
    Weighted crunch machine superset with leg raises
    10 minutes treadmill
    weighted crunch machine superset with leg raises
    10 minutes treadmill

So I broke out some new gym shoes yesterday. I usually get new gym shoes around Black Friday each year because of deals and then hold on to them until the spring and all the snow is gone. So I figured I would try and break them in during cardio. Didn't go so smooth. I love the way they look on feet but they are a mesh type material and there just must not be sturdy or supportive enough. I felt like my pinky toe was squished to the side and after 1 wear theres already like a pinky toe indention in the shoe. Another thing I don't like and I had not noticed was on mesh shoes I like the tongue to be stiched to the side at least partially and this tongue is free so as I was working out the tongue sagged to a side. Finally the heel of the shoe rubbed which is the worst feeling in the world. Funny thing is I didn't notice any of this wearing the shoe around the house but once I got going I could really feel it. The comfort of the sole is great, I love the flexibility in the toe box, the mesh is easily pliable but not sure they are going to last. I have them again today to see if maybe I can break them in a bit.

The workout itself wasn't too bad, I did something similar to what I did last week with changing intervals and jogging intervals during the 10 minute time frame.

Thursday

Reverse hack squat superset with close grip row 4 sets
    Hack squat superset with BB row 4 sets
    Seated Calve raise superset with straight bar pulldown 4 sets

Wow did I get winded quick. It was an awful day outside and it seemed to rain for 24 hours, but the gym still felt a little warm. As I was supersetting everything I progressively felt heated and had heavy breathing going on. After the last set of hack squat and BB row I felt defeated. This is all odd because I'm not really doing a ton of volume per workout, I've cut everything down to about 12 sets. I have working quickly which may be contributing to it though. The workout itself was sort of whatever, not any amazing weight, good squeeze and pump in the back though. Shoes still suck, the rubbing in the back seemed to bother me at the beginning but not so much at the end. The little toe thing is really annoying and I figured out what it is, the tongue near the toe box has some left over material that's bunching up or laying weight on my feet causing some discomfort. May try and get in and slice the piece out if I can but it'll be a difficult task.

young gotti

young gotti is online now Major Contributor young gotti's Avatar
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Saturday

BB curl superset with v bar extension 4 sets
    EZ curl bar superset with underhand extension 4 sets
    Behind the head ez bar extension superset with double high cable curl 4 sets
    DB curl into DB kickbacks 3 sets

Felt good on Saturday doing arms. Really felt like I got in the groove quickly and just ran with it. Had a nice pump. For anyone looking for an arm finisher check out the db curl to kickback. Basically you lean forward a bit, sort of like a BB row and do a DB curl and then instead of putting your arms back to the side you go straight into a double arm kickback. I don't think either movement is really going to add a ton of size but the pump you get is amazing to finish off the arm workout. So I was pretty happy with the overall workout.

Sunday

I went hiking, I needed a day to get away from things for awhile and since the weather is starting to be nice I decided to go walk a little. Went on a pretty difficult trail, it was uphill, random roots and rock steps past a few waterfalls. It was somewhat chilly out but in a hoodie I had a nice sweat going on. When I stopped at the top my heart was pounding which was cool. I sort of was walking on a lot of rocks and in my mind tried to convince myself that the awkard steps would help my ankle mobility haha. Either way my legs were pumped by the end and felt like jello at night.

I'm also starting a log for Vein Nutrition- Sedation which is their sleep aid. Once I get some extended time I'll build the log but I'll keep everyone updated in here on how it works. 2 days so far and it's a pretty good product.

Monday

So I didn't go to the gym. I had tickets to go see Trailor Park Boys with my friend after work. It wasn't as good as the first time I saw them but it was ok. However this kind of night would also put Vein Nutritions Sedation to the test. I always sleep better after a training session and find when I don't train, I don't tend to sleep as good, like I have extra energy that hasn't been depleted.

So I got home, locked myself out of my house (don't ask). About 20 minutes before bed time I drank my Sedation. The relaxing feeling is pretty strong with this product. The tingles I'm not crazy about, they last about 10 minutes only. Last night I had the super relaxing feeling in my legs, almost felt like a pump in my calves, sort of painful. What I noticed was I was so relaxed that I was in a light light sleep and anything would take me out of it. But the sleep I've been getting has been quality and I feel much better in the morning than I have. As I type this my eye hasn't twitched yet today which is also a good sign.

Tuesday

Incline bench superset with seated side lateral raise 6 sets
    Incline bench superset with facepull 4 sets
    Cable crossover superset with ez bar high row 2 sets

Pretty good workout. I walked in trying to do 12 sets of incline if at all possible. When short on time I enjoy doing the same exercise the whole time like I did a few weeks ago. I also felt like my upper chest was lagging. I focused on that but also got winded fairly quickly into the workout. Strength wasn't to bad but I also lacked a good pump.

I'm getting used to the fuzzy feeling that Sedation gives me but its almost like I get slight anxiety for 5 minutes when I take the product which is odd. I however get quality sleep each night so far, only time I woke up last night was when I had to use the restroom. Odd thing I was also super hungry but I just went back to bed.

Is the sedation product have GABA in it? What's it consist of? I love sleep assisting products.
    IG: hi_im_tyan

My Journal
    : Elf's Huge Log

Wednesday

10 minutes treadmill
    Ab machine superset with leg raise
    10 minutes elliptical
    Ab machine superset with leg raise
    10 minutes farmers walk
    Ab lounge

For anyone new to my journal this is my normal cardio day routine. I go off and on the cardio and go right into ab work then right back into cardio. First 10 minutes I'm doing some incline work on the treadmill even jog for a minute. This week instead of doing all treadmill work I decided to switch it up to a different machine and finish off with some farmers walks. It wasn't to bad, the warm weather is evident at the gym, getting a sweat going is a lot easier.

As far as the sleep, last night was the first night that I noticed waking up a few times. I was fast asleep and having dreams, woke up to use the bathroom and saw that it was only 1am so I was only sleeping for like 2 hours. Then at some point during the night I was getting dive bombed in the head by my cat so eventually I grabbed him and held him to get him to stop. The good thing is I have no trouble falling back to sleep. Right now I'm feeling a little groggy or tired, hopefully I snap out of that.

Quote Originally Posted by Elf View Post
    Is the sedation product have GABA in it? What's it consist of? I love sleep assisting products.

Vitamin B3 - promotes sleep in people who have insomnia caused by depression and/or stress. Also known as Niacin, a deficiency in niacin can cause insomnia and restlessness, so it's no surprise that supplementing with B3 can promote better sleep. Vitamin B3 also reduces high cholesterol and triglyceride levels as well as the risk of heart attack.

Vitamin B6 - helps converts tryptophan in your body to Vitamin B3 and serotonin, a neurotransmitter that helps regulating sleep patterns.

Rutaecarpine - increases the metabolism of caffeine in this body. This helps the body break down and remove caffeine in the body. As we all known caffeine can contribute to restlessness and awake-fullness, so rutaecarpine aids in eliminating the caffeine in your body and allowing you to calm down and reduce the effects of caffeine.

4-aminobutanoic acid- also known as GABA or gamma-aminobutyric acid, it is a neurotransmitter that can reduce nerve activity, essentially bringing your body down from an excited state and helping to calm you both physically and mentally. Individuals with insomnia have shown to have lower levels of GABA, so supplementing with GABA is important for restful sleep.

Zinc Monomethionine Aspartate + Magnesium Aspartate - along with Vitamin B6, comprises a supplement known as ZMA. ZMA helps the body achieve deeper levels of REM sleep and support hormone effects while asleep.

Melatonin- a hormone that regulates the daily onset of darkness, melatonin promotes sleep by helping regulate the body's internal clock of sleeping and waking hours.

Aminoethanoic Acid - also known as glycine, this supplement has shown to increase sleep quality and improve levels of fatigue and well being the next day due to better sleep

L-y-glutamylethylamide - a naturally occuring amino acid, L-theanine is a psychoactive compound, meaning it is able cross the blood-brain barrier and interact directly with the nervous system. There, L-Theanine works by stimulating the production of GABA, which we know already is responsible for "relaxing" the body's nerve firings. L-Theanine improves sleep in making falling asleep easier and faster and increasing sleep duration.

Valeriana officinalis - also known as valerine, this naturally occuring extract from the Valeriana officinalis plant is traditionally brewed for tea or eaten for relaxation and sedation purposes.

Mucuna pruriens - increases levels of dopamine in the body. Dopamine plays an important role in the brain processes that lead to falling asleep and the REM stage of sleep associated with dreaming

It has GABA which I overlooked at the beginning since I don't do well with GABA but this has been ok at half a scoop for me

Thursday

Leg press superset with chest pad t bar row 9 sets
    Standing calve raise superset with lat pulldown 3 sets

My plan was to do 12 sets of leg press and just try to kill my legs but I felt like my legs were killed after 9 sets. The breaks in between sets became longer and longer and I was catching wind. So the last 3 sets I decided to switch it up. I also read an interesting article last week about ppl with bad posture should do more rowing motions than pulldown or pull up motions. I sit at work all day and anyone who has followed my journal has seen I have a terrible trap muscle because of it. So I'm trying to incorporate more rowing into my routine. I love lat work because of width and just hitting one of the larger muscles in the body but if I can improve my posture...well that's a no brainer.

I might have taken too much Sedation last night. For a good 5minutes the anxiety it gave me was very uncomfortable. I was squirming around just feeling really uneasy. After it went away I was fine though. Did have a feeling in my leg again that felt like I had a pump. Also had a bit of trouble falling asleep but once I was asleep it was really nice. Even today I woke up at 7:10a.m. to realize I had 20 more minutes, within the 20 minutes I felt like I got back to a deep sleep super quickly.

Saturday

I didn't make it to the gym because I decided it was nice out and people wanted to play tennis. So that's what I did. I am not good at it but every summer I tell myself I want to do more stuff outside and not be restricted to be in the gym. So now with hiking and tennis I've been able to do that so far this summer. I got sun burned too which is funny because it wasn't that hot out but I'm so pale. I got a good sweat and felt pretty disgusting afterwards, forearms got a workout too from swinging the racket so much.

As far as Sedation. I'm learning more water is what I prefer. The flavor as I said is spot on to the Orange Gummy but the more water makes the mint/black licorice flavor that I get from orange gummies to mute down a bit and it's a really tasty drink. Puts me to sleep and the sleep I get is usually quality sleep.

Monday

Incline bench superset side lateral raise 4 sets
    Hammer strength press superset reverse peck deck 4 sets
    Cable cross over low cable superset with wide grip high row 4 sets

Weight felt fairly light in my hands. I moved some good weight and felt pretty good doing it. Since I haven't really been benching my left shoulder hasn't given me much problems which is good and I had a really nice pump going on in my shoulders. It's starting to get nice here which is great for after the gym, I can spend some time doing yardwork which isn't a workout but still being more active than staying in my house all night after the gym. My body seems to be changing with this new training style with overtime but I'm not sure how long that's going to last. I feel like I need to get in there and do some bigger movements again rather than just going with speed. At the end of the day I'm working hard in the gym though so I shouldn't complain to much.

Sleep was pretty good last night but woke up early this morning, I was cold, had the fan on last night because the room was warm but by this morning, it was cold. Nothing that really had to do with sedation.

Tuesday

leg press superset chest pad t bar row 9 sets
    standing calve raise superset hammer strength low row 3 sets

Again I got to the gym without a plan on how I was going to approach the workout. Knew I would start with leg press, just kept going and kept adding weight, it felt good so I just went with it. The seat on the press was a bit more vertical so I got a real nice feeling in my hamstrings. The t bar rows gave me a good squeeze and feeling. At the end of the 9 sets I just let the t bar hang as I held onto it, provided a stretch that just felt amazing. While I've been doing overtime I mention the owner shutting off the lights as I'm finishing. Well last night he actually just told me to lock up when I left. At one point all the lights were off except for right where I was working and no one was left in the building.

Sleep might have been the best so last night so far. I don't remember waking up at all, the alarm went off this morning and it felt like I slept the whole night without any interruptions. My hair was also crazy so I guess I did spend the whole night in bed

Page 24 of 35 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast