Page 25 of 35 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 ... LastLast

Thread: Gotti's Journal

Wednesday

So I didn't get to the gym. Got a text from my mother asking me to skip to the gym and come over for dinner. So to make her happy I went straight from work over to her house. I'll have to be more active this weekend to make up for it. But to make the mom's happy I'll skip the gym once in awhile.

I felt tired all day yesterday and I walked in my house last night to see my coffee still in the cup I poured it in the morning. Must not have been thinking clearly in the morning.

What I'm finding with Sedation is less is more in my case. Last night I didn't even do half a scoop and I slept really well. It's almost like I just need enough to make me feel relaxed and I slept the whole night. The drawback I have this morning is my ankle hurts, so I must have slept like a weirdo last night with my ankle in a weird position.

Monday

Leg press superset with chest pad t bar row 9 sets
    Seated calve raise superset with close grip lat pulldown 3 sets

I did workout Thursday and Saturday but haven't been around a computer to log it in. Either way the workout again was good, I got a new pair of gym shoes since the ones I just opened were complete trash. These are my size but they feel big, I don't know, I didn't get much slippage during the workout nor when I did some cardio so they might be fine. During the workout I had what sort of felt like a pump in my right leg but I'm thinking it was more than a cramp, tough to walk after the 9 sets of the leg press. It also helped that someone got on my nerves before I left work so I was fired up once I got to the gym. So the weight I was moving for the amount of reps was really good.

Last two nights Sedation has been iffy. Sunday night I had some trouble falling and staying asleep. Early in the morning I was freezing because I had my fan on so I can't blame Sedation on that one. Last night I woke up after about an hour, but it wasn't a big deal to fall back to sleep.

Tuesday

Hammer strength press superset with side lateral raise 4 sets
    Decline hammer strength superset with reverse peck deck 4 sets
    Cable cross over low cables superset with wide grip high row 4 sets

I wasn't feeling to well before I went to the gym. My stomach just didn't feel right at all. Once I got working I was fine but still a bit worn. I wanted to do some incline presses but someone was using the incline bench basically during my whole workout. Either way I didn't mind the workout I did. Since I'm not doing the compound movements I'm really loading the plates on during the 4th sets of the hammer strength work. Not sure if that's the best idea since I'm also supersetting and working pretty quickly. But I figured I would try it, I mean whats the gym if you can't play and enjoy your workout a bit.

Sleep again last night wasn't very good. I fell asleep and woke up about a half hour later to use the restroom. Then woke up in the middle of the night full of flem. I hope I'm not getting sick, but I might not some mint in my shower to clear my lungs. It felt pretty gross but this morning I don't have the problem. So something needs to be cleared out because it must just be sitting as I'm laying still at night.

Wednesday

10 minutes treadmill
    Weighted crunch machine superset leg raises
    10 minutes stair stepper
    Ab loungue superset weighted side dipes
    10 minutes treadmill
    Weighted crunch machine superset leg raises

I really didn't want to go to the gym yesterday. It was really nice out and I wanted to do cardio outside but I figured I better go because if I don't I'll end up just walking around town and not get my heart rate to where I need it to be. The gym was super stuffy and I was sweating almost immediately. Nothing really to crazy happened, just did my cardio and got out.

I will say in the mornings my body is looking more lean and more lean. I feel like I might need some sort of reefed day though because I'm looking a bit flat. I have my "cheat" style meals on the weekend but might need a real cheat meal. I'll hold off for now but it might be coming.

Sleep was really solid last night and it was the first night when I didn't really get the tingles or anxiety feeling before I went to bed from the Sedation. I was pretty much out the whole night, woke up about 2 minutes before my alarm went off this morning. I don't remember any vivid dreams but when I wake up I know I was just in a dream, just nothing that sticks out to make me remember all the details.

Thursday

Hack squat superset with lat pulldown 6 sets
    Reverse hack squat superset DB row 6 sets

I was moving at warped speed. The draft was last night and I wanted to get in and out. I was out of breath, the weight I was moving wasn't great I got the work in and I suppose that's the most important thing. Also looks like overtime is over so I can get back to my normal training routine.

Didn't sleep last night. I was watching the NFL draft so I was up later than I wanted to be in the first place, then the Giants as usual waste their draft pick so I was fired up. And it was really warm in my bedroom. So I didn't take a full dose of Sedation because it was later than normal, I did still take some to help me sleep and I fell asleep very fast. My brain must have been racing while I slept so I woke up and couldn't fall back to sleep, also was sweating and uncomfortable, so that didn't help.

Monday

Side lateral raise 4 sets
    Standing shoulder press 4 sets
    Reverse peck deck 4 sets
    Flat bench 4 sets
    Underhand flat bench 4 sets
    Cable cross overs low cables 4 sets

I also went to the gym Saturday and it was like a sauna, I just haven't been able to get my computer to work. Anyway I didn't have to do overtime so I got to my regular workout. It felt good but I moved a bit too fast. I was in the mode of rushing and I was dead towards the end. The strength wasn't all the way there and even though the form was pretty good it wasn't as smooth during the standing shoulder presses or bench. After doing all the superset work for the last month or so it was nice to get a change in the routine.

Not sure what my gym schedule is going to be like moving forward though. Today I might have to go and get fitted for a suit after work and then I'm going to Cleveland on Thursday thru Sunday. The good thing is I'll probably be walking a lot in the city. I did weigh myself the other day and it was lower than I expected or even really want so the days off might be a good thing. I feel lean and I like that but I feel flat and a bit of loss of muscle. The days off might be beneficial even though I don't really want to miss the gym any more.

Sleep has been hit and miss. Sometimes it's soo deep and amazing. However like last night I sleep for like an hour and then I'm awake to go to the bathroom, I have no problem going back to sleep but 2 minutes ago someone said I looked exhausted. But I feel pretty good.

Monday

Squat 4 sets
    Leg press 4 sets
    Bulgarian split squat 4 sets
    Weighted Pull ups 4 sets
    T bar row 4 sets
    Straight bar pulldown 4 sets

Got back from Cleveland where I didn't work out but did some walking. Also had jury duty Monday morning. After jury duty I went to the gym and it felt nice to be back in the gym. I squatted for the first time in I'm going to say 2 months, between a groin injury and overtime at work I haven't been squatting. I didn't go heavy and my groin still had some discomfort in it. Not good on that end but I felt like my muscles were all firing nicely. Even with just 4 sets my quads felt a big pump. During the Bulgarian split squats I think I dealt with some cramping in my left quad. It didn't feel right but I kept pushing through. The bar rows are kind of rough after doing legs, my legs were shaky and failing before my back was. The rest of the night my legs were jello, walking up and down steps was an adventure each time.

I didn't take any supplements with me to Cleveland, I was with my family and they aren't the biggest fans of that kind of stuff so I got back on the grind Sunday night in which I passed right out. Last night the sleep wasn't as good, I might increase the dosage a bit to see if it helps and if it doesn't knock me out, what I've found with sleep aids is sometimes decrease the dosage and it actually works better.

Tuesday

Standing shoulder press 4 sets
    Reverse peck deck 4 sets
    Flat bench 4 sets
    Incline bench 4 sets
    Cable crossover 4 sets

Chest press machine superset with shoulder press machine 2 sets

Training like this again has been adventure. In just 2 months of overtime I've almost trained myself to move too fast throughout my sets and combining multiple complex lifts into one workout really wears me down even though the volume isn't super high. I especially felt it during my chest work. The weight wasn't that heavy but I was failing or the bar was slowing down earlier in the set than I would have liked. I usually aim for about 12 sets per workout per muscle but as you see I was able to do 2 quick additional sets in the workout, mainly because I was working too fast. The last 2 sets though I didn't push the weight to much, mainly just squeeze and constant tension to finish off the muscle.

Sleep was really good last night, passed right out. Had some vivid dreams as well. Two dreams that I remember. The first dream must have woken me up enough to realize I was awake but I probably didn't move in the bed as I passed back out and another dream right as my alarm went off this morning.

Wednesday

10 minutes treadmill
    60 crunches
    10 minutes treadmill
    60 crunches
    10 minutes treadmill
    60 crunches

So my legs were super sore yesterday, getting up and sitting down caused a lot of pain haha. That's what I get for not squatting for a while. The plan was to walk for 10minutes and hopefully the legs got warm so I can do running or something but it didn't happen, I was too sore. So I just did some regular walking the whole time. It wasn't that bad but nothing great. Worst part is I have to do legs and back again today, wonderful.

Sleep last night was good, I fell asleep super fast, woke up around 6am this morning and was in and out of sleep until 7:30 when I have to wake up. Some vivid dreams again last night but not as vivid as the night before

Thursday

Deadlift 6 sets
    Standing calve raise superset with lat pulldown 4 sets
    Leg press superset with hammer strength low row 3 sets

Went in to deadlift for the first time in awhile. My legs were still super sore from Monday but I figured I'll do as many sets as I can until I feel my form is starting to get bad. I stayed low weight to make sure form was good and tbh my legs didn't bother me, the weight moved really well. I thought I could of got more sets but the 6th set on 1st rep my knee popped and had some pain, I paused at the top to make sure it was ok but by the end of the set I felt more form getting all wacky. Went on to the rest of the workout which wasn't anything spectacular, the leg presses killed my legs. Oddly enough after I left the gym my legs felt a lot less sore than they had before hand though.

Sleep again was good, same thing happened last night that's been happening. I had a vivid dream somewhere in the beginning of the night, this time I was talking to someone who I didn't really want to be talking to so I ended up waking up to get out of it. Then again this morning at about 6a.m. I barely woke up, passed back out and had another vivid dream as my alarm went off.

Saturday

DB curl superset with rope extension 4 sets
    BB curl superset with underhand extension 4 sets
    Close grip bench superset with preacher curl machine 4 sets
    DB curl into DB kickback 3 sets

For whatever reason I just couldn't get a pump. The mirror looked pumped but I couldn't get the feeling and usually arms are the easiest to feel a solid pump imo. I don't go chasing pumps so the workout was still good and productive, I just found it odd. I also felt like I haven't worked arms in awhile so it was nice to finally get back in and do a full arm workout. Because I didn't get a pump I did the DB curl into kickbacks which I feel are amazing for the feeling of a pump and it worked.

Sleep has been solid except Saturday night. For whatever reason I woke up and a bird was just singing it's heart out outside my window. It was a struggle to fall back to sleep with the noise, I ended up putting my AC on to drown the noise even though its been pretty cold where I live. Last nights sleep was hit or miss too, vivid dreams woke me up at some point along with me sleeping on my arm and it being completely dead. I might cut back on the dosage, sometimes the vivid dreams seem to disrupt my sleep a bit and that's what happened last night.

Monday

Standing Shoulder press 4 sets
    Facepull 4 sets
    Incline bench 4 sets
    Flat bench 4 sets
    Peck Deck 4 sets

It was an up and down workout to say the least. Started off good and the weight on the side laterals was good, standing shoulder press was pretty bad and facepulls were good. Incline bench was really good, I was really happy with the weight and reps but then flat bench was a struggle. I think I was hungry but I was trying to push through it. I noticed it over the weekend that eating was a bit difficult. But yesterday during my 3rd meal I really struggled to eat it, I felt like I just kept chewing and it wasn't appealing. I'm a fast eater and it took me 20 minutes to not even finish my lunch, I finally said I'm not enjoying this and stopped. Figured I would be hungry after my workout and same thing but to a lesser extent. I usually inhale food after the gym but it was a bit of a struggle. I'm not on any appetite suppression supplements so I don't have a reason why this is happening, hopefully it goes away soon.

As far as sleep, last night I noticed I fell asleep quickly but it felt super light. An hour after I went to bed I rolled over and looked at the clock, one of those times where you have to question, "was I sleeping or not" type things because the sleep was really light. After that though I got pretty good sleep.

Tuesday

Squat 4 sets
    Leg press 4 sets
    Leg extension superset w/ lying leg curl 4 sets
    Weighted pull ups 4 sets
    T bar row 4 sets
    Rope pulldown 4 sets

I was happy with my workout. Squats caused very little pain during the set, in between sets I was alittle sore in my groin but nothing too bad. That alone I was thrilled with. I was happy with my weight everywhere, nothing mind blowing but solid. As it starts to warm up where I am I was sweating like crazy which might give off the appearance that I'm working harder than I am but I felt like I was giving solid effort and keeping the intensity high. Legs got a really solid pump super quickly once again, probably from not squatting for awhile before last week.

Sleep was fantastic last night. Fell asleep quickly and stayed asleep all night until about 6a.m. when the bird came to sing. I let it go for a minute or two hoping something would get it fly away but on went the air conditioner and I went back to sleep. Its supposed to get really warm today so the air will most likely be on all night tonight and I shouldn't have that problem.

Wednesday

100 crunches
    10 minutes treadmill
    weighted crunch machine
    10 minutes treadmill
    weighted crunch machine
    10 minutes treadmill

OK so for anyone new, last year I read this article someone wrote about fat spot reduction. It's not possible but the author said if you can get the area warm, more blood will go to that area and then if you burn calories it will help reduce fat from that area. I figured I'd try it, not that I thought it would work but whatever it's worth a shot and at the end of the day if I still get my cardio time in then it doesn't really matter right? I didn't notice any better results. However I just read an article about starting your workout with 1 set of 100 leg presses, the weight isn't important and it could be just the sled you use. The author talking about getting more fibers in the legs which will lead to better leg development and could cause fat loss in the area. So I decided to mix things up and try what you see above. The start the session with 100 crunches, which I've been doing before my cardio each day. Then yesterday I read an article of trainers giving their best ab tips and a majority said use heavy weights. So I loaded the machine with weight and did it between the intervals. Again I highly doubt it's going to cause magic but it's fun to switch things up and make things interesting. I know "science" training is a big thing and ppl follow what science tells you to all the time but at the end of the day the training also has to be enjoyable to keep you motivated and from dreading doing it.

Sleep last night was fantastic. I fell asleep so fast that I didn't even turn my sleep timer on my TV on. I woke up and the TV was still playing. I have not done that in a very long time.

Saturday

Tennis

So I didn't go to the gym, it was so nice out I decided to go play tennis. When I say nice, it wasn't actually nice out it was a million degrees and I was dying. I started getting a slight sunburn in what felt like 15 minutes. I'm not sure if it was a really good workout or not, because I was going to be sweating bullets regardless but I played for over an hour.

Also this weekend I let myself off the diet a bit. Because I have been struggling to down some of my normal food plus I felt a bit lean and flat I let myself go to counter act it a bit. Had some pizza, had some cheesecake, and tried ostrich for the first time. It was kind of like steak but it's low fat and I think they overcooked it, I asked for medium rare and it was more medium. I won't need to eat it again

Sleep has been fantastic but I'm almost done with my tub of Sedation. Sleep has been no problem and for the most part staying asleep without any problems as well. I'm tired right now but I know I slept good so hopefully I snap out of that quickly.

Page 25 of 35 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 ... LastLast