Thread: Gotti's Journal

Monday

Squat 4 sets
    Leg press 4 sets
    DB step ups 4 sets
    Weighted pull up 4 sets
    T bar row 4 sets
    Rope pulldown 4 sets

Changed things up a bit, with getting back into squatting plus groin pain I've been going light on the squats and attempting to go heavy on the leg press. Yesterday my groin felt good so I went heavier than I've been on the squat to test it out. Felt good and didn't appear to have any problems. Going heavy on the squats sort of set the tone for the rest of the workout. The last set or 2 of each exercise I loaded the weight and didn't pay any attention to the amount of reps I got. Could of been 3 or 5 or whatever and it was no big deal. I was sweating like a mad man. Wasn't even hot out but I was dripping sweat pretty early on in the workout. Next week I may try and increase the squat sets to 6 and see how it goes.

Sleep again last night was good. Fell asleep pretty easily and stayed asleep until about 7am. That's been the time the last 2 days where I wake up and just force myself to lay there with my eyes closed for the extra half hour. I usually fall back to sleep a bit which is fine.

RX MEMBER

gud one...

Tuesday

Chest and Shoulders

All I can really say is I worked chest and shoulders. I got out of work and as soon as I got on the highway I was at a stand still. It took me an extra 30-45 minutes to get to the gym. So I had to get in there and move quickly to get my volume in. I didn't really attention to how many sets of each exercise I performed and just kept going. I know I started on a chest press machine and shoulder press machine mainly to move quickly and get the work in to ensure I got some blood into the muscle. What I found was I was so anxious to get enough work in that I moved so fast that I ended up getting in like 15 sets, nothing breathtaking but I had a really solid pump and did feel challenged so I was happy overall with the workout.

Didn't sleep well last night, passed out easy but had some vivid dreams and was awake about an hour later. Stomach was a bit iffy too, maybe lay over from the weekend of pizza and what not. Was able to fall back to sleep pretty good though.

Wednesday

100 crunches on ab lounge
    10 minutes treadmill
    weighted crunch machine
    10 minutes treadmill (farmers walk)
    cable rope crunches
    10 minutes treadmill (farmers walk)

I did cardio haha. Nothing special to report, I started the cardio the same way I have been. The first 10 minutes I play with inclines and speeds, run a little and walk a little. After that I decided to do some farmers walks with relatively light weight, the first round I did 2 minutes on 1 minute off. The next session I put the incline up a bit and did 1 minute on and 1 minute off. Wasn't that warm in the gym at all but I got a nice sweat going. Felt like my heart rate was higher than the machine was reading but I don't like trusting those machines.

Sleep wasn't good last night, I was awake in an hour and this morning I woke up a few minutes before the alarm. The sleep just didn't feel like it was quality. I'm not groggy right now but I can see myself having that 2 o clock yawns and exhaustion set in. I only have a little bit of Sedation left and was going to split it up for 2 more days but I may just take the rest tonight to ensure myself a full nights sleep.

Thursday

Deadlift 8 or 9 sets
    Standing calve raise 4 sets

I went into the gym yesterday with one thing in mind and it was to deadlift. So as you can see that's what I did. All day I kept picturing the deadlift and was excited to get in the gym. By the end of the day I was tired and didn't know how the session would go. The session went well, I wasn't super amp'd but I felt pretty good. I just kept going up in weight, a few sets were low reps 5 and below. Then the last 2 sets I reduced the weight and rep'd out. At the end though I could tell I was really fatigued. My hamstrings felt like they were the only thing still firing and the bar was gradually moving away from my body as the set continued. I decided to close out with some calve work since I don't do much of it. They seemed to get fried quickly after all the deadlifting, they were burning super early in each set.

I polished off the rest of Sedation last night and slept like garbage. I don't know whats going on, I woke up an hour after I fell asleep once again, went back to sleep and then woke up again at 3am. What I'm thinking is less may be more for this product. I'll get into it during the final review a bit more though.

Saturday

DB curl superset with rope extensions 12 sets

I found out late Friday I was going to Jersey on Saturday, still wanted to get some blood in my arms so I went to the gym really fast and pounded up a bunch of sets. I didn't switch anything up as I was strapped for time, skipped cardio and got in and out. Good pump, I don't feel like it's going to amount to anything but I wanted to go and at least get some work in.

Monday the gym was closed which was fine, I was pretty tired and still am actually. I walked around Jersey City a lot over the weekend which was good, didn't eat the best but it's a holiday weekend so its sort of expected. Need to get back on the routine this week however OT at work starts again but only on certain days which is odd. I'm trying to make a plan of attack for my workouts to figure what days have OT and what days don't in order to make it most effective.

Tuesday

Hammer strength press superset with side lateral raise 4 sets
    Decline hammer strength press superset with reverse peck deck 4 sets
    Cable fly low cable superset with wide grip high row 4 sets

Worked overtime so I had to do the speed workout. I still tried to really load the weight on the 4th sets to push myself. Got a really solid pump which was nice. Worked up a really good sweat. I'm thinking since overtime is only certain days to move my cardio only day to a day I work overtime so that way days I don't have overtime I can spend more time lifting. Other than that nothing special to report in terms of the workout, it wasn't bad but it was quick.

I did gain 1.5 lbs over the weekend which isn't bad, probably mostly water as I looked lean again this morning. I don't want to lose anymore weight but want to shred more fat.

Thursday

Squat superset w/ pull ups 5 sets
    Leg press superset w/ hammer strength low row 4 sets
    Seated calve raise superset w/ straight bar pull down
    Rope row 3 sets
    Leg extension 1 set to failure

I worked OT but I wanted to do some squats so I decided to superset with the squat and pull ups. I was going very fast and not using heavy weights. Figured the short rest might fry my legs but the two movements together fried my lungs. My lungs were burning like a strong cardio session. I went heavier on the leg press and low row but almost up until the end I was burning in my lungs. I'm trying to lose fat so I guess my heart rate getting up was good but I like to keep the lifting section for muscles but it sort of felt like a cardio session instead. Either way it wasn't a bad workout and very challenging in terms of not being able to catch my breath.

Saturday

DB curl superset with v bar extension 4 sets
    BB curl superset with underhand extension 4 sets
    Double high cable curl superset with push down machine 4 sets
    DB curl into kickback 3 sets

Good workout today. As soon as I touched a weight my biceps were already sore. Probably from some farmers walks at heavier weights. It felt pretty good though to then start working the biceps because Saturdays have been hit or miss now for a bit. Got a good pump on the triceps and the biceps. The last db curl into kickback really fired things up, one of those pumps where you want to look in the mirror and just wish you looked like that all the time.

Monday

Leg press superset with t bar row 8 sets
    Seated Calve raise superset with wide grip lat pulldown 4 sets
    Straight bar pulldown supserset with stiff legged deadlift 3 sets

I was moving super fast, that's why I had time for extra sets at the end. I didn't think I was moving impressive weight but at the end of my leg presses my buddy walked in and kept talking about how much weight I had loaded on the leg press. He just started working out but it felt good to have someone talk about the amount of weight I was moving, like it was some crazy numbers. The seated calve raises were pretty useless, I don't know if I broke the machine but the knee pads kept moving and it was just being awkward, like the machine needed to be tightened up. Lat pulldowns felt

Tuesday

Flat bench superset with seated side lateral raise 8 sets
    Cable crossover superset with reverse peck deck 4 sets

Pretty straight forward workout. Wanted to bench instead of hammer strength machines or whatever so I went with that. Had some tightness at the start, even with a decent warm-up and making sure my rotator cuffs were warm there was something there. It didn't didn't stop me or prevent me from doing what I wanted though. Odd thing was I couldn't get a pump to save my life but the lactic acid burn was in full effect. And even though I was moving quickly during the workout I didn't get a sweat going which to me was odd.

I'm still doing 100 crunches before cardio each session to see how it works. I also went a bit heavier on the farmers walks because I didn't feel like I had my heart rate up enough during the lifting session. I'm at a modest 158lb on the scale. Last year at the end of August when I went to Mexico my goal was 160lbs. So I'm already below that this year. I don't want to get any lower than 158 though, I would like to add some weight if I can keep the fat off.

Wednesday

100 crunches
    farmers walks 5 rounds
    weighted crunch machine
    10 minutes treadmill
    weighted rope crunches
    10 minutes farmers walk

Was hoping to do farmers walks across the gym again yesterday but it was too busy. However in the cardio section of the gym it was empty so I grabbed some weight and did them there. Did 5 sets and they felt good. 5 sets seems about right at 4 sets my grip feels fried and that 5th set I really need to power through to make my distance. Forearms get really pumped. After that I just walked on a treadmill but changed the incline every 30 seconds or so. I closed out with some farmers walks on the treadmill, not as heavy as actually walking but by that time my forearms felt fatigued so the lighter weight was probably my only option anyway.

Saturday

Golf

Went to one of my buddies bachelor parties Saturday which involved golfing during the day. It was the first extremely hot day of the year and it was rough. I was sweating all day, which I know doesn't make for a good workout or anything but I was out being active and running around the golf course. Went off the diet with some beer of course, but we ended up on some guys land in the woods and they did cook some awesome venison which I was happy out.

Woke up Sunday sore. My abs were more sore from golfing than they have been from doing 100 crunches and weighted ab work. Probably from the twists and turns that I'm not used to. Also my glutes were surprisingly sore and I'm not sure why but I'll take it.

Monday

Incline bench superset side lateral raise 8 sets
    Cable crossover low cable superset with bent over db fly 4 sets

Wanted to concentrate on my upper chest today since last week I did all lower chest work. Surprisingly the gym wasn't a million degrees, the owner is cheap with the a.c. but it was on yesterday so the workout was bearable. I again was moving fast with overtime and had the lights turned off on me at the end but I got my work in. Nothing special in terms of strength or pump but I was satisfied with how I felt.

I also forgot to mention, I did start Evomuse Smolder recently. I have like 3/4 of a bottle left from the past so I'm using that twice a day, once in the morning and once after I shower in the PM. I'm working out with one of those neoprene belts on, not because I think it's going to be magic but with these products the stomach really gets and stays warm. I plan on using the bottle until the end of June, hopefully it lasts that long and switch over to Lipoburn in July.

Tuesday

Squat superset with pull up 6 sets
    Leg press superset with chest pad t bar row 4 sets
    Standing calve raise superset with hammer strength low row 2 sets

Decided to try the squat and pull up combo again and didn't get the same results as last time. I didn't get the burning in the lungs but I was sweating pretty fierce. I might not have worked as fast as last time but I still was moving quickly. I did 4 sets of each doing higher reps and not crazy weight. I then added weight to each and did lower reps for the last 2 sets. I don't know if it was the extra volume or because I don't get to squat weekly like I was but the last 2 sets were less than impressive imo. I felt like my legs were fine after squatting until about the 2nd set of the leg press when the jello feeling hit me. I also had sunburn on my neck area so the bar sitting on the burn wasn't all that pleasant.

Back is super tight this morning but no pain from the legs yet, I'm sure that will hit me later in the day.

Page 26 of 35 FirstFirst ... 162425262728 ... LastLast