Page 3 of 35 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Gotti's Journal

Saturday

Seated DB side raises 5 sets
    Rear delt Flies 4 sets
    Standing shoulder press 3 sets
    Facepull 3 sets
    Hack squat shoulder press superset with side lateral raise (different angle) 3 sets

I had a pretty good workout. The focus was awesome, I moved through the workout really smoothly, the rest between sets was short as well. My energy wasn't the greatest but I just felt good being in the gym and knew what I had to do. Slept pretty good this weekend even though Friday and Saturday took a bit longer to fall asleep but once I was out I was out.

For anyone who hasn't tried them, I stand on the platform of a hack squat machine at my gym and use the handles that would normally be up around your ears for a hack squat as the handles for the press, the movement is almost like a football player hitting those blocking dummies and pushing them. Just a different motion and angle for the normal shoulder press.

It was chilly in the gym so I had a hoodie on the whole time but I could feel a shoulder pump and what was even more impressive was that my body was cold but I could feel the heat coming off of my shoulders. It's been awhile since I had a feeling like that.

Monday

Flat Bench 5 sets
    Incline Bench 4 sets last set was a drop set
    Hammer Strength Press 4 sets
    Pec Deck 3 sets
    Skull Crusher into close grip press 2 sets
    Triangle Extension 3 sets
    Straight Bar Underhand extension 3 sets
    Dip machine 3 sets

Workout started off lethargic, the killer instinct just wasn't there. I didn't plan on going heavy anyway and wanted to concentrate on my reps since I tried to max last week. The flat press was ok but like I said I felt like I was still waking up even though I go to gym after work. However once I got to incline and hammer strength I felt good, the workout really improved. Almost like something kicked in and by the time I hit the pec deck, my chest felt like it was taxed but I was ready to go. The tricep workout wasn't bad either. Had a nice pump in my chest and tri's

Tuesday

Pull Ups 3 sets
    Deadlifts 4 sets
    Straight bar pull down 3 sets
    Good morning barbell row 3 sets
    DB Curl superset with rope lat pulldown 3 sets
    Rope Curl 3 sets
    Seated DB hammer curl 3 sets

This week I decided to do pull ups before deadlifts. I felt really good in the gym last night. Even after the dead's I didn't feel shaky in the legs or anything like I did last week. But the time flew by, I didn't think I did enough back work and could of kept going and that's why I did the rope pulldowns. The bicep workout was also really good. The pump was crazy and the veins running from my forearms up through my bicep were really popping. I haven't had veins show up like that since the summer time. It was overall a positive day, just wish I had more time, could of spent the whole night in the gym.

I say I did good morning bar rows. I don't know the name of the bar I used but that's what I called it. The barbell with the cut out in the middle. I really like this bar for rows sometimes. The bar isn't stable in it's weight which makes stabilizing it a bit more difficult. As you row your body fits into the cutout so your elbows get back further adding to the squeeze over a normal bar.

Wednesday

Cardio

Hanging leg raises superset with broomstick twists 4 sets
    Ab Lounge 4 sets

An overall boring day, even the podcast I was listening to was pretty lackluster. Nothing really to report other than I cant wait to start HIIT again soon.

Thursday

Squats like 9 sets give or take
    Leg press superset with standing calve raises 4 sets

I didn't really count my squat sets because after 3 sets between of 8-12 reps and then decided to go heavy for awhile. So I did a bunch of 1 rep sets and kept going up and up on the weight until I was really close to failure. The gym was closing early and I got out of work early so I tried to just push myself a bit before the old man kicked me out. Because I did a bunch of 1 rep sets I decided to go high reps on the leg press and calve raises. As I walked up the steps at my gym my legs did feel like Jell-O.

I didn't go to the gym Friday, Saturday, or sunday. It wasn't really on purpose but I was doing a ton of running around all weekend. I had to travel back and fourth to my girlfriends family along with do my own family thing. They didn't live really close so Saturday I didn't make the gym, it was probably for the better as I needed a few days off anyway. However I feel fat yesterday and this morning. I just think it's due to inactivity and eating junk. Almost like I need a detox more so than fat loss.

I have been putting together my diet for the New Years. Just going to slowly start replacing carb meals 1 at a time with higher protein and fat. For example I'll take out oats in the morning and replace them with whole eggs that go with the egg whites I've been eating. Then I'll run out of my weight gainer shake and go to a normal isolate and so on and so on, it's not all going to happen at one time. Also going to start throwing in HIIT cardio twice a week to start and work my way up on that as well.

Monday

Flat Bench 4 sets
    Incline Bench 3 sets
    Shoulder press 3 sets
    Rear Delt Flies 3 sets
    Rope Extensions 3 sets
    Underhand straight bar extension 3 sets
    Reverse overhead underhand extension 3 sets
    Underhand flat bench superset with seated side lateral raise 4 sets

Felt good to be in the gym. I felt fat all day yesterday. I wore a new shirt and maybe the shirt was just small. So I was excited to get in the gym and put in some work. I decided since I had 2 days or so left on the log I'd do each muscle group between Monday and Tuesday again. My focus in the gym was really good and the weights were moving smoothly. Not sure if that's how to describe it but the movements felt like I was moving better even if I wasn't able to push extra weight.

I also noticed yesterday at work I didn't have that foggy feeling that I have been having. Hopefully that 3 day rest period really helped and as we get another holiday I have no idea what the gym schedule or my workout schedule is going to be going forward.

The pump during the workout was quality. My chest felt tight and pumped fairly quickly. But where it shined was rear delt flies. The squeeze I was getting was perfection and I noticed a pump really quickly. Overall I left the gym feeling wide and bigger across the top of my body. It's sad to come to an end to this product.

Tuesday

Squat 4 sets
    Leg press 3 sets
    Lat pulldown 3 sets
    Rope Low Row 3 sets
    Ez curl bar wide grip 3 sets
    Ez curl bar close grip 3 sets

Rope high row/lat pull down superset with ez curl reverse curl 3 sets
    Leg extension superset with laying leg curl 3 sets

I didn't go high volume on my legs but wow they were pumped and I was super winded. For squats I stayed on the higher rep side and went heavy on leg press. My legs were super filled and felt like noodles. I was breathing heavy after every set and it was cold so my lungs felt frozen. You know that chill inside your body when your breathing heavy in the cold. The rest of the workout after that I was catching up on my breath and towards the end of my bicep work I felt exhausted which was good.

I also did a movement I've seen ppl do where you sit on a bench under a high cable with a rope. But your not under the cable like you would be for a lat pull down but your not far away like a row. The movement ends up being a combination of the two or atleast feels that way. When I got to leg extensions and curls my legs felt like I could of had the lowest weight on the stack and just moving my legs in that motion would be difficult. It was almost painful to do the movements or the reps each and everytime even though the weight wasn't anything crazy.

Last night I got home and my legs still felt wasted. When I was showering I almost felt like I didn't want to stand up anymore. I had to get out of the shower as quickly as possible and sit down. The rest of the night, getting up was a chore on it's own. Best part is, my back was more pumped than me legs were and that pump was felt all night as well.

Happy New Years Everyone

It's Recomp Time

So I took Wednesday thru Sunday off from the gym. Wednesday I went to see Kevin Hart at night and then with New Years and feeling like I needed some time off anyway I took advantage of it. I'm excited to get back in the gym and start a recomp type supplement regime along with adding HIIT cardio.

I'm slowly going to transition away from carbs and into a higher protein/fat diet. First thing I did was cut out oats in the morning for whole eggs, keeping the egg white amounts the same. The calories end up being really similar to not a drop in calories but a change in macros.

As far as training I will continue to hit each muscle group twice a week, cardio on Wednesdays, I'll do extended ab training on Wednesday but also hit abs on Monday and Saturday too. Instead of waking up and doing 10 minutes of LISS cardio in the morning, it's getting too cold outside for that stuff anyway. I'll do 10 minutes of cardio after weight training on Monday, Wednesday, and Thursday to start. I'll stick with 10 minutes of cardio, the HIIT time frame is really only about 2 minutes and 30 seconds.

As far as supplements go, I've ran out of R-ALA, I will get a short review up on that soon. All other supplements are staying the same but I don't have much Evomuse BMP left. Hemavo2 is also gone as I ran out.

I will be adding:
    Forma Stanzol 2 pumps a.m. and 2 pumps p.m.
    Soy Lecithin granules 4 teaspoons? table spoons? i'll have to look again once I'm home
    and Urso X, 6 caps a day to start and I'll adjust if needed

Monday

Flat DB press 4 sets
    Incline BB press 3 sets
    Standing BB press 3 sets
    Side Lateral raise 3 sets
    Skull crusher into close grip press 3 sets
    Underhand straight bar extension 3 sets

Dips 3 sets
    Chest press machine superset with shoulder press machine superset with dip machine 3 sets

Felt good to be back in the gym. I felt better yesterday overall though. I would tend to get bloated in the morning from the oats and that didn't happen yesterday when I exchanged them for eggs. I found last spring and summer that I tend to feel better on high protein/high fat/low carb diet over high carb type diets. At the gym my strength felt on point. It was right where I left off before my couple days off.

The cardio though, it was killer since I haven't done any HIIT cardio in the last 3 or 4 months. My legs had a serious pump going on while doing the cardio, I felt winded. It was a struggle just to get through it but that's to be expected. I don't think the gym helped either, it was the coldest day so far this winter, so the gym was chilly however our cardio space is on the second floor and the heat was blowing on the back of my neck but my lungs were breathing in the cold air, it wasn't the best situation to do cardio in. Last night I was dead tired by 9pm

Tuesday

Squats 7 sets
    T bar row 3 sets
    Rope Lat Pulldown 3 sets
    Barbell curl 3 sets
    Cable curl 3 sets

Leg press superset with lat pulldown 3 sets
    Preacher curl machine superset with straight bar pulldown 3 sets

I usually only do 3 or 4 working sets of squats and then go into leg press but the squats felt pretty good so I kept going. Went fairly heavy as well. I knew that if I had time towards the end of my workout that I'd be able to get some leg press in so that's what ended up happening. I kept the leg press high rep which felt difficult but good all at the same time. The gym was already empty again, so much for the new years resolutions, but the owner needs to turn that heat up, haha, it's like an old warehouse and it's pretty chilly in there.

Wednesday

Cardio

roman leg raises superset with broomstick twists 3 sets
    rope crunches 4 sets

Feels good to be back doing HIIT cardio. None of this boring walking garbage, I feel like I'm actually doing something and definitely pushing myself. The time flies by compared just walking as well. My legs are still getting a nice pump from the HIIT cardio. Legs actually looked bigger last night in the mirror as well.

Other than the legs looking bigger its still to early to see any leaning effects at this point. I feel a bit better in the mornings but other than that I haven't noticed any difference yet.

Thursday

Flat Bench superset with rear delt flies 3 sets
    Underhand bench superset with seated side lateral raises 3 sets
    Hammer strength press superset with face pulls 4 sets
    Dips 3 sets
    Side handle cable extension superset with db lateral raise 3 sets
    Straight bar underhand cable curl 3 sets

Another quality workout. I feel more fresh after the time off. I didn't set any kind of strength achievements or anything but I really felt like my 8rep sets are going up in weight. I really like the hammer strength chest press, for whatever reason I really feel a good stretch and squeeze on that machine, I might use it more often to see if I can get some quality changes in my pec's by using it since it feels pretty good. Pump was good too and this is after not using a real pump product anymore.

Last night I applied my PM dose of Forma and realized I totally forgot to mention in here how amazing the carrier is on this product. I put it on in my bedroom and went downstairs to wash my hands, it was totally dried by the time I reached my bathroom, I love it that I don't have to wait around for 15 minutes waiting for it to dry.

Saturday

Leg extension superset with laying leg curl superset with barbell row 3 sets
    Reverse hack squat superset with lat pulldown 3 sets
    Vertical leg press superset with straight bar pulldown 3 sets
    DB curl superset with seated calve raise 3 sets
    DB single arm preacher curl 3 sets
    Double high cable curl 3 sets

The workout wasn't bad, it wasn't the best either. I wasn't tired or anything but I also wasn't super fired up to get in there and kill the weights. So I tried to do some leg work that I don't often do like the reverse hack squat. It's tough to go really heavy because it could be dangerous if form isn't great but I felt a really nice stretch and squeeze in my hamstrings and glutes while doing the movement. The bicep work felt pretty good and the pump was nice.

I look a bit leaner than I have in the morning but of course it's morning so everyone looks leaner but I look leaner in the morning than I did other mornings just a few weeks ago. Nothing major yet but I'm excited for this week and next week for the new stack to really kick in. I ran out of Evomuse BMP on Saturday so I'll get a review of it up shortly.

Monday

Squat 6 sets
    Lat Pulldown 3 sets
    Rope cable low row 3 sets
    Preacher curl machine 3 sets
    Barbell curl 3 sets

Stiff legged deadlift superset with rope cable high row 3 sets

Doesn't look like much, I felt like I ran out of time. I started off squatting with 12-15 reps for the first 3 sets and then went heavier and lower reps for the next 3 sets. I'm liking the idea of just doing 6 sets of squats on my Mon-Tues workout rather than 3 sets of squat and 3 sets of leg press. Also used a different bar for lat pulldown to get a different feel. Most lat bars I've run into are bent towards the end and most ppl grip them at that point. I found a really long straight bar and used that, got a different feeling in the movement, I enjoyed changing it up a bit.

After cardio I was able to really feel every muscle in the my legs, it was pretty intense walking steps. My hams and glutes felt like they could of given out at any time. The HIIT cardio also felt better, still difficult but a bit more manageable and my endurance felt a bit better.

Tuesday

DB flat press 4 sets
    BB incline press 3 sets
    Shoulder press 3 sets
    Side lateral raise 3 sets
    Close grip bench 3 sets
    Rope extensions 3 sets

Hammer strength press superset with facepull superset with underhand cable extension 3 sets
    Side lateral raise 1 set x 20

Felt like I had a solid workout. There has been a weight I've used on my last set of DB press's and I started off getting 3 reps, then 4 reps, and I've been stuck at 5 reps for a few weeks. Last night I got 8 reps which I was really happy about. I also felt more of a squeeze on my side lateral raises than I have in awhile. I paid extra close attention to my form and saw I wasn't fully "pouring the jug" at the top of the movement and when I started doing this again I really felt it. The pump was awesome, my chest was super filled with blood and tight. I finished the workout with 1 set of side lateral raises with a different angle and it burned so bad but felt like a good finisher to the workout.

Last night in the mirror I seem to be leaning in a few spots, my chest looked more lean however I also might have just had a tight pump. My midsection looked a bit more trim as well even though I was looking after I ate and had my upper abs a bit bulged. Excited for a HIIT cardio night to further fat burning process.

Page 3 of 35 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast