Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
    OLYMPIAN

Quote Originally Posted by bigmikecox View Post
    How is this guy even relevent
    Social media. It can make anyone relevant.

OLYMPIAN

SO MANY people have this suspicion that Rich is not doing well financially, that he's in debt, and they never come up with a reason why they think this. How does he seem to be itching for cash? He's not living in a dump. He's not saying he is in debt. He's not saying how much money he earns. So how does one suspect this?

In regards to relevance, it's there for the taking, if one tries to get and manages to become popular enough. Many people bitch that You Tube celebs who never won a contest or even competed or don't have an amazing body, but they are free to get on You Tube, write books, develop a website and write diets and training programs themselves.

As for him not knowing what the heck his own company produces or does, I am not surprised by this at al. Repeat: not surprised at all. There are hands-off business owners (and workers) all over the damn place. So long as many is coming in, they couldn't give a rat's ass about details or how to improve the business, save money, or have things so that there is a greater gain in the future. MANY wealthy people do business like this.
    Last edited by BrickHead; 03-16-2016 at 11:05 AM.

Exactly. I'll rep you now.

Using myself as an example. I do NOT have the social media following which might prove useful (and then only if you turn views into cash) yet I rep for two companies (one more of a rep job and the other more to do with being active on a forum). I get, for my efforts, about the equivalent of $400 in products every month (£280.00). I'm also quite good, for what it's worth, at my chosen niche within a niche (grip strength within strongman - so less of an appeal than bodybuilding or fitness) up to world class in fact. I can type out (usually at least) well-written sentences. I also used to run my own supplement company so have some practical knowledge beyond my experience of using supplements.

I'll get new products included as part of my monthly orders which, if I like 'em, I'll review on the supplement company main site.

Now out there in the big wide world are (and they usually are of the age) a LOT of 18-25 year old male wanna-bes. That's the typical profile for a supplement user and would be bodybuilding fan. Given that Rich has spelled out his income from movies and adverts (80k on one and 300,000USD on another) AND real estate as well as day trading years back it's hard to fathom why questions are raised about debt. One can assume it's due to be ill-informed. Even if they were right it's still a case of 'so what?'. Those same commentators don't talk about being students, working at McD's or earning minimum wage. It is, after all, none of our damn business.

It seems, as we see often in the media, very much a case of build them up, knock them down. We want heroes but we don't want them too heroic, too pure, too good. And it must stick in the craw that Rich, when he was 18, looks better than 90% of lifters of any age. That he might then earn a 6-figure salary standing at an expo with 23-inch plus arms and NOT compete... oh my lol.
    06, 08, 09 and now 2010 British (4x) and 2008/2010 European Grip Champion (2x)

OLYMPIAN

Quote Originally Posted by Mobster View Post
    Exactly. I'll rep you now.

Using myself as an example. I do NOT have the social media following which might prove useful (and then only if you turn views into cash) yet I rep for two companies (one more of a rep job and the other more to do with being active on a forum). I get, for my efforts, about the equivalent of $400 in products every month (£280.00). I'm also quite good, for what it's worth, at my chosen niche within a niche (grip strength within strongman - so less of an appeal than bodybuilding or fitness) up to world class in fact. I can type out (usually at least) well-written sentences. I also used to run my own supplement company so have some practical knowledge beyond my experience of using supplements.

I'll get new products included as part of my monthly orders which, if I like 'em, I'll review on the supplement company main site.

Now out there in the big wide world are (and they usually are of the age) a LOT of 18-25 year old male wanna-bes. That's the typical profile for a supplement user and would be bodybuilding fan. Given that Rich has spelled out his income from movies and adverts (80k on one and 300,000USD on another) AND real estate as well as day trading years back it's hard to fathom why questions are raised about debt. One can assume it's due to be ill-informed. Even if they were right it's still a case of 'so what?'. Those same commentators don't talk about being students, working at McD's or earning minimum wage. It is, after all, none of our damn business.

It seems, as we see often in the media, very much a case of build them up, knock them down. We want heroes but we don't want them too heroic, too pure, too good. And it must stick in the craw that Rich, when he was 18, looks better than 90% of lifters of any age. That he might then earn a 6-figure salary standing at an expo with 23-inch plus arms and NOT compete... oh my lol.
    Great post! And thanks!

I particularly like your articulate and sensible posts as they reflect an understanding of how the world works!

I like that you touched upon the phenomenon of people trying to tear down successful people. We've heard shit like this, especially about those in the fitness world who appear to have enormous followings and doing better than the average yokel: "I heard s/he's not doing so well," "I heard s/he's deeply in debt," "I know someone that knows him/her and it's not like it appears," blah, blah, blah... In some cases there is a facade but considering that fitness and nutrition generates enormous amounts of money, there are some doing quite well.

The way that run--away capitalism, which is what we have--works is that if someone can legally profit on damn near anything so long as someone wants it, even if it is stupid or in some cases degenerate or destructive. We all know the key to success: "give the people what they want". I'd rather live in a world in which people only want good stuff, but it's not my world! And if anyone believes they have anything useful or entertaining to offer, the sign up on Gmail and start cranking out You Tube videos and see what happens. If you can't inform or entertain, then don't complain and chalk the situation up to someone being better at it than you are!

Even if this guy got into a bind or is in a bind, he is in a position to earn more than an average salary at will! With the amount of followers he has, he can pretty much print money from You Tube or head off to another company. He is getting money at this point for existing! He can videotape himself taking a dump and there will be thousands of views in the first hour of it being published!

And yes, he can earn money standing around. The average person in a gym, even if they somewhat into bodybuilding, does not know contest history or of a few competitors besides those at the top and those who are You Tube famous. You think an average person in a gym knows what the hell is going on in the 212 class, contest history, bodybuilding history, or a particular bodybuilder's history. They don't know shit about anyone except for, maybe, Phil Heath, Kai Greene, and beyond those, an assortment of You Tube characters. I know Rich Piana followers in my gym who don't know what the hell is going on with Dexter Jackson, Hide Yamagashi, Shawn Rhoden, and so on.

I also like your realization of the one-hour workday. Actually, many successful CEO's and business owners work like this as I said. They pop in or make a few phone calls, see there are no problems and that the cash is rolling in, and then drive off in their McLarens. Aside from the most hungry of the money-hungry, there's little impetus to get into the details and annoyances that workers can when one is earning seven to eight figures per year while doing very little work.

Congratulations on your accomplishments!
    Last edited by BrickHead; 03-16-2016 at 03:04 PM.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678