Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default #AskDave 48 - LIVE 1/20/16 @ 4pm EST!

Submit your questions and comments!

STUPID QUESTION OF THE WEEK:
    Are post workout carbohydrates compatible with a ketogenic diet? Yes? No? Why?
    Thanks Dave!
    (Of course it goes without saying that I DON'T LIKE THIS SHOW and that't why I save all my stupid questions for it) :-D

RX MEMBER

Listening to this show is more painful then wrestling with a grizzly mum protecting here cubs.

1. When on TRT (Nebido 1000mg/10w) how is it with male fertility? My LS is very low and my free test is around 20mmol/ml
    2. If I wanted to blast some more test for 6w (250mg/w), when would it be best to do during this 10w frequency of the TRT. In the beginning, middle or at the end?

RX MEMBER

Hey Dave,

I hate this show so much I'd rather go through 17 days of your 21 day detox and not be able to eat red meat or drink black coffee than listen to this show...oh wait I AM on day 17 of your detox diet and am miserable without my black coffee every morning but needless to say I need to let everyone know that your detox diet truly does work wonders. Thanks.

Anyways Dave I have a question regarding women following the ketogenic diet. My fiancé has been following the ketogenic diet for a couple weeks now and has reported to me that she is experiencing the usual signs of menstratration on days not on her usual menstruating cycle. She does take birth control and was wanting to know if the diet is the cause for this abnormality and if you think so do you have any suggestions as to some way to cure this issue? Thanks again for the detox diet and all you do.

RX MEMBER

Dave, Your show is so bad... That I would rather milk the "TEAT" of George Farrah's lactating PECS than watch your "train-wreck" of a show.

During your prime of competing were you suffering Osteoarthritis that you were 100% aware of? If so', did you seek physio therapy, active release technique or any professional assistance? What would you recommend for someone in their late 20's who has this condition in their knee? Also, were there any exercises or stretches that you avoided or introduced during your workout routines? I can still do cardio, play basketball and train in combat sports however my leg gains have decreased significantly due to discomfort in my knee. More so when doing "pushing" movements with heavier weights. God bless your family and congrats on your new born!

Hello Dave, Congrats to you and Amanda on your new baby!!! No HATES warranted here!!

Are bodybuilders required to pay royalties to musicians for their posing music?
    If so, how much should one be expected to pay? And can it increase depending on the event?

It may not affect someone at a local amateur show, but for the bigger shows like the Olympia and Arnold, viewed by large audiences, I'm thinking some artists may not want their
    music used without payment, or look to sue for copyright infringement.
    Last edited by PTB; 01-20-2016 at 10:18 AM.

Cool Age Adjusted Cardio?

Dave (and you too Sidd),

Please get a handle on this show and try to make it better in 2016.

Do you subscribe to the 220 minus one's age as a Maximum Heart Rate? If so, what percentage of that number should one shoot for during cardio for a typical session lasting 45 to 60 minutes?

RX MEMBER

Dave,

I have been doing keto for 3.5 years now, no refeeds. I am a 27 y.o female, 5'10". I was able to get down to 140lbs at 14% body fat with keto after 1.5 years (I started at 176lbs. 35% body fat--it took me a little longer since after 5 months I had tried to do a refeed ONCE and it went horribly wrong, resulting in me gaining 8lbs in 7 days and hitting a weight loss plateu). I put on some muscle after another year bringing my weight up to 153lbs. 17-18% body fat.

I have a Mixed Connective Tissue Disease (Lupus, Scleroderma, Polymyositis). Keto has really helped me illness. About a year ago I had a really bad flare up of my symptoms and blood work was really bad. I was put on high dose prednisone for 10months. I stopped in December finally, but still suffered a 14lb weight gain in those ten months. I am now between 165-167 and 26% body fat. My doctor says I should be proud because most people gain 30-40 within 2-3 months.

However, I cant seem to get my body regulated again. Prednisone definitely alters glucose/fat/protein metabolism. I was weaned off properly and my labs show that my levels are fine. My thyroid levels are fine, my fasting and post prandial glucose level is excellent since I never stopped keto.

However, I cannot seem to cut down. I have thought about doing macro patterning/cyclical keto. I just have no idea how to go about it because my maximum starch content has never exceeded 10g.

I looked at Shaun Hadsall's macro patterning manual. The maximum net carb intake would come to 60-70g net carb for me. He recommends1 starch post workout on carb down days, 2 starches, one pre training and one post training on baseline days, and 2 starches per meal consumed on the one cheat day both consumed post training. Each starch is to be no more than 1/2 cup for women.

I love keto, and I dont want to stop. I just dont know what to do for my body to normalize.
    I am getting really frustrated. Any insight or advice would be GREATLY appreciated.

Thanks,
    Christianne

RX MEMBER

Dear Dave, what is the best method to use Clembuterol ECA and T3 during contest prep?
    Are you a beliver in GH15 theories? that trenbolone is like magic and if you put more test you need more HGH to grow lean?

Congratulations on the birth of your child.

RX MEMBER

Hey and hello to all the RX Muscle staff, greatest coverage of everything and anything bodybuilding period.

I do need to keep this brief as Christian Duque is texting me none stop about what I don't know but apparently Jim Manion's involved. I'm also waiting for an email from George Farrah who is sending me a secret one of kind contest prep protocol never released to anyone else before (not even the Rock nor Big Ramy know about this one) and George would never lie. Its coming a little later than expected as he is already looking to recruit Logan Palumbo as one of his future clients as well as patenting the name 'Jumbo Palumbo II.......Oh wait the mailman just arrived with a legal document/contract to review from MD's own Steve Bleckman offering me a 5 year exclusive contract to write an article in MD as print is making a comeback in 2016 with no less than 4 action packed 50 page issues a year. Now to put up with this ask Dave crap!

Dave, I was looking at some old footage on youtube of Lee Priest (1998 Olympia Prep 6 days out) as he is an all time favorite of mine. Wow, how good was this guy. Thick, hard dense muscle, always in great shape with crazy condition being displayed. Everyone knows him as the 'arm guy' but looking at the video he had 'the' complete package....the hang of his hamstrings are insane with wild calves.

My question:
    - What are your thoughts of Lee Priest as an overall bodybuilder from back in the day and even of late?
    - Do you think he would destroy the current 212 or even place in the open?
    - And if yes could he comeback now and still do so?
    - Any chance of getting him on 'RX MUSCLE Live With' or 'Iron Debate' this would be awesome as he tells it like it is.
    - Would have been interesting if you would have asked Sergio Jr his thoughts of Lee performing his dads 'Myth' pose

Oh shit got to stop, apparently my MD contract has a clause which states as per Shawn Ray, there is to be no positive talk about Lee Priest of any manner and note that 'I' Shawn Ray am exactly 1/8" taller than Lee Priest.

YA BUDDY!!!!!!

RX MEMBER

Dave, I hate this show so much I would rather buy MD magazine and use it as toilet paper to wipe my ass!.... might have to buy a few magazines because me and Bleachman are getting short on paper!$$$

Dave, I recently found out i had low 300's (309) test level and have most of the signs of low t , My doc is having me do a bunch of lab work like checking my cortisol and a bunch of other things, I'm only 18 years old and was wondering what's your thought on things? No sleep apnea and no heart or kidney issues.

PEACE OUT!!!!!
    Last edited by whosthatguy; 01-20-2016 at 03:43 PM.

RX MEMBER

I hate your show so much, I would rather be stimmed out on pre-workouts , suffering insomnia while listening to Shawn Ray interview George Farrah !

My urea nitrogen level is 37 (ave is 7-25) , Creatinine level is 1.04, making my bun/creatinine ratio 35.3 . I am natural eat super healthy, and consume 270 grams of protein, I am a lean 185. Should I decrease my protein ? Are my kidneys working properly ? Everything else is tested A ok

RX MEMBER

Guys i hate your show soo much i rather sit here and believe Bostin Lloyd is all natural...lol

I really need your help here after my second and Third cycle that i started last year i starting breaking out and getting acne on my back and shoulders and chest where is really bad now and im taking Accutane.. Being 31 with a newborn is really affecting me.. My question is if have a cycle in hand of TEST and EQ and Aromisin should i start taking it or just wait for my Acne to get better...Getting my Accutane from a dermatologist

RX MEMBER

Dave, I hate this show so much that I would rather listen to a 4 hour sales pitch from Darth Farah about how I should work with him so he can get me peeled and shredded for a show, even though I would walk on stage looking round and plump like Violet from Willy Wonka.

How many injection sites would recommend rotating between for someone injecting 1.5 mL every day?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast