Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Im just a fan of his physique TBH

Cant stand many of his interview but do appreciate his mindset and outlook on life

RX MEMBER

I would guess he doesn't talk specific sets and reps because he feels his methods are superior to his competition and doesn't want to share. But in that case, it would make more sense to answer those questions with a response about how he prefers to leave his competition in the dark, not some long winded bs that skirts around the actual answer. Even when saying "to answer your question" he still doesn't give a real answer.
    To answer your question "How does he have fans?" He is one of the top contenders in bodybuilding. He has an underdog story which many people can relate to. He is a very talented artist. His personality seems to have changed or he at least had changed his demeanor to sound "deep" in a way, which probably appeals to many people as well.
    Personally I don't care for Kai or Phil's personalities but if they put out a decent training video or some other valuable information I will watch and listen.

OLYMPIAN

I'm still two hear for a definition of "ghetto crybaby". If the OP had just said the man is a crybaby I could understand but the fact that he was called a ghetto crybaby leads me to believe something else.

Quote Originally Posted by supbro! View Post
    I'm still two hear for a definition of "ghetto crybaby". If the OP had just said the man is a crybaby I could understand but the fact that he was called a ghetto crybaby leads me to believe something else.
    Is it that hard to understand? Don't act stupid in an attempt to accuse me of something I never said.

I mean that he puts on this show like he is a super intellectual strong minded dude, when in real life behind closed doors he talks ghetto(not sure how else to put it? Uses slang and curses a lot?? Is that better bud?) and is a complete cry baby. Again, this comes from several different people who have either competed with him or have known him on a personal level. It is not a random assumption on my part.
    Last edited by Geoff Roberts; 03-25-2016 at 08:11 PM.
    15% Discount Code: Geoff15

OLYMPIAN

Uses slang and curses a lot ....yeah good one. Nice try.

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Roberts View Post
    Is it that hard to understand? Don't act stupid in an attempt to accuse me of something I never said.

I mean that he puts on this show like he is a super intellectual strong minded dude, when in real life behind closed doors he talks ghetto(not sure how else to put it? Uses slang and curses a lot?? Is that better bud?) and is a complete cry baby. Again, this comes from several different people who have either competed with him or have known him on a personal level. It is not a random assumption on my part.
    Ghetto this, ghetto that. He's been one of the top three bodybuilders on the planet for six years, has always been black, has always had long braids, has always included dancing in his posing since he was a teenager, couldn't read until his late teens, was introduced to positive thinking and speech by Oscar Ardon. He's turning 41 in July and is living his life how he wants to live it and is making his own dreams come true. Get over it.

Quote Originally Posted by MusclePoppins View Post
    Ghetto this, ghetto that. He's been one of the top three bodybuilders on the planet for six years, has always been black, has always had long braids, has always included dancing in his posing since he was a teenager, couldn't read until his late teens, was introduced to positive thinking and speech by Oscar Ardon. He's turning 41 in July and is living his life how he wants to live it and is making his own dreams come true. Get over it.
    Ran into an old girlfriend from 8 years ago, during our short conversation she asked me if Kai Green won the Mr. Olympia yet. The only bodybuilder she remembered was him from the many shows we watched on TV.

Kai is different but one of the best bodybuilders we have right now and for that he garners my respect.

I agree will all of that. Not exactly sure what it has to do with my points, which are that Kai blatantly refuses to answer all questions and puts on a fake persona every time he speaks... or what I'm supposed to be getting over.... but I agree with everything else you said wholeheartedly.

Quote Originally Posted by T-Lab View Post
    I would guess he doesn't talk specific sets and reps because he feels his methods are superior to his competition and doesn't want to share. But in that case, it would make more sense to answer those questions with a response about how he prefers to leave his competition in the dark, not some long winded bs that skirts around the actual answer. Even when saying "to answer your question" he still doesn't give a real answer.
    To answer your question "How does he have fans?" He is one of the top contenders in bodybuilding. He has an underdog story which many people can relate to. He is a very talented artist. His personality seems to have changed or he at least had changed his demeanor to sound "deep" in a way, which probably appeals to many people as well.
    Personally I don't care for Kai or Phil's personalities but if they put out a decent training video or some other valuable information I will watch and listen.
    Unless he reinvented the wheel he will not be doing anything that's not been done before.
    06, 08, 09 and now 2010 British (4x) and 2008/2010 European Grip Champion (2x)

RX MEMBER

Not saying he IS doing anything that's off the charts as far as training, just throwing that out there as a possible reason for why he beats around the bush every time someone asks him about it.

Quote Originally Posted by T-Lab View Post
    Not saying he IS doing anything that's off the charts as far as training, just throwing that out there as a possible reason for why he beats around the bush every time someone asks him about it.
    Not a bad theory, but its not just training questions, he doesn't answer any question at all. What show he is doing, what he weighs, what he will weigh, his biggest competition, what he eats, favorite protein source, etc, etc. he answers nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Roberts View Post
    Not a bad theory, but its not just training questions, he doesn't answer any question at all. What show he is doing, what he weighs, what he will weigh, his biggest competition, what he eats, favorite protein source, etc, etc. he answers nothing.
    Kai Greene Gets Real With Geoff Roberts.
    ___Asked me to pass this along.

Next show: Arnold Brazil. Adam Paz has the flights booked, rooms booked. Ready to go. One show at a time. The focus is on Brazil now that I've been able to live in the moment of my successes in Australia and Ohio. After Brazil there will be more work to do. Greater possibilities. We're on the path of increase and it goes through South America.

Food: Fish, chicken, string beans, rice. Not sure of the amounts. I don't worry about the amounts. Farah's problem. I need to focus on my color, my lenses, my braids, my choreography, Dynamik Muscle and getting to that Meet&Greet so Johnny Styles stops trolling me.

Weight: Within striking distance. 265-270 dried out. Real talk, I once dropped 42 pounds of water. Every competition brings new challenges and, believe it or not, I find myself calling on experiences years ago that may have not stood out as memorable at the time, but become unexpected and valuable resources in times of need. We're always learning new ways to load the weapon.

Biggest Competition: I can only control what I can control and the work that I put in and my team puts in. If we're talking about Brazil, there's still work to do. But I'm confident we'll get the work done.
    Last edited by MusclePoppins; 03-30-2016 at 01:02 PM.

Err not 42 pounds of water. Not unless he carried a bucket and it fell down the stairs. He might have dropped 42 pounds of bodyweight and much of that will have been fat and water. But not just water lol.
    06, 08, 09 and now 2010 British (4x) and 2008/2010 European Grip Champion (2x)

Quote Originally Posted by Mobster View Post
    Err not 42 pounds of water. Not unless he carried a bucket and it fell down the stairs. He might have dropped 42 pounds of bodyweight and much of that will have been fat and water. But not just water lol.
    Real talk. His words, not mine.

Kai Greene Gets Real With Geoff Roberts.
    ___Asked me to pass this along.

Next show: Arnold Brazil. Adam Paz has the flights booked, rooms booked. Ready to go. One show at a time. The focus is on Brazil now that I've been able to live in the moment of my successes in Australia and Ohio. After Brazil there will be more work to do. Greater possibilities. We're on the path of increase and it goes through South America.

Food: Fish, chicken, string beans, rice. Not sure of the amounts. I don't worry about the amounts. Farah's problem. I need to focus on my color, my lenses, my braids, my choreography, Dynamik Muscle and getting to that Meet&Greet so Johnny Styles stops trolling me.

Weight: Within striking distance. 265-270 dried out. Real talk, I once dropped 42 pounds of water. Every competition brings new challenges and, believe it or not, I find myself calling on experiences years ago that may have not stood out as memorable at the time, but become unexpected and valuable resources in times of need. We're always learning new ways to load the weapon.

Biggest Competition: I can only control what I can control and the work that I put in and my team puts in. If we're talking about Brazil, there's still work to do. But I'm confident we'll get the work done.

I love it! Thank you Kai.

That might be the most comprehensive Kai interview ever done in regards to bodybuilding talk.

I doubt he is doing the Olympia. I dont see any other reason he would beat around the bush so bad as the undisputed number one contender to beat Phil.

Can you imagine a full on Palumbo interview with Kai once he retires and is comfortable saying whatever he wants to say? Gives Dave 100% true, straight forward answers. It would be the best interview in BB history, I dont care what anyone says.
    Last edited by Geoff Roberts; 03-30-2016 at 05:48 PM.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast