RX MEMBER

Default Recovery from surgery

Hello everybody, so I've had an account for a while but haven't really had anything to ask that I couldn't research and decide for myself until now.

First of all, if I am out of line in any way, please correct me. I mean no disrespect or to break any rules.

I have a decent 2 year background in the gym. All natural except I did one cycle of super DMZ 3.0 back about a year ago and I loved it. I did it right with a full clomid PCT with I cycle liver protection. (as right as a PH can be, I know they are bad but in my current situation PH's are all I have access to.)

I had a shoulder surgery about 3 months ago (torn labrum repair, no stitches, just debris removal).

I've been in the gym for about 2 weeks solid doing light weight very controlled and very strict form just getting the feeling back. I feel good, my right arm is very noticeably weak which is expected, maybe an average of 4-5 reps behind my left arm on everything.

As humble as I can be, I would love any and all advice from the Chem gurus.

My stats before I was injured just after my dmz cycle were: height 5' 7" weight 195 body fat around 8 or 9% benching 285 paused one rep max competition style and squatting 425 ass to grass for a one rep max.

My my stats now are: height 5' 7" weight 185 body fat around 15-17% and I benched 185 for a set of 3 paused reps and frony squatted (easier on the bad knee) 225 for a set of 4.

My diet fell out of check while I was recovering but is now back in gear.

my goals are: weight 190 10% body fat benching 245 for a set of 3 and squatting 335 for a set of 3 in 3 months.

I understand and that my bench and squat stats BEFORE my injury and AFTER my injury are not perfectly compareable being one rep max vs. 3 rep maxes. This is because I am looking to heal and become more comfortable still and so I am staying away from one rep maxes for a while.

I am also aware that my goals are set very high but I belie that I will have a sort of a "beginners gains" for the next month.

I want to do a cycle in about a month to kick my ass even more into gear as I feel I've wasted a lot of time. I was thinking of doing super dmz 3.0 again, but it's not readily available anymore. So I was thinking of just building my own with the ingredients (dmz, m-sten, and 1 alpha), but I'm not exactly sure. I've been toying with the idea of doing a big boy cycle for a great while now, but haven't found a trustworthy source. Please don't give me any advice on sources as I am not looking to break the rules. Just advice on any and all compounds (preferably prohormones as I stated before this is all I really have access to) and cycle structure and dosing.

Again I'm coming to you all humbly for Chem advice, not asking about brands, sources, or anything of the like. I apologize for the lengthy post.

Managing Dir., Rx Muscle Forums Curt James's Avatar
    Big Jeff's Family Restaurant, 815 Fremont Ave, South Pasadena, CA

Is this you asking for a source without asking for a source? lol

Rhetorical.

Good luck achieving your goals. I wish you a full and speedy recovery.

RX MEMBER

No, I'm not asking for a source, just compounds, dosing, pct, durations, and on cycle supports.

RX MEMBER

Quote Originally Posted by Curt James View Post
    Is this you asking for a source without asking for a source? lol

Rhetorical.

Good luck achieving your goals. I wish you a full and speedy recovery.
    Thanks for the support!

So, in your current position, it would most likely be a more optimal approach to get down proper training periodization and nutritional intake BEFORE jumping onto a cycle...

The current state that you in will allow for a type of super compensation effect so the best would be trying to get the most out of it.

Before we go into chems, can you break down your full training and nutritional protocol first? Remember, thats 95% of your progress….supplements and compounds are only the finishing touches.

RX MEMBER

Quote Originally Posted by BeastFitness View Post
    So, in your current position, it would most likely be a more optimal approach to get down proper training periodization and nutritional intake BEFORE jumping onto a cycle...

The current state that you in will allow for a type of super compensation effect so the best would be trying to get the most out of it.

Before we go into chems, can you break down your full training and nutritional protocol first? Remember, thats 95% of your progress….supplements and compounds are only the finishing touches.
    I'm in the military and live in the barracks and eat at the mess hall which basically only serves chicken and rice (occasional potatoes and spaghetti.) but they make eggs for you hibachi grill style every morning which is nice.
    Breakfast: 2 eggs scrambled with a spoonful of ham, mushroom, cheese, tomato
    1 biscuit and a scoop of gravy
    A bowl of oatmeal (approx. 1 1/2 cup)
    120z glass of 2% milk

Lunch: like I said, my options are limited but it's usually 2 fist sized chicken breasts, and about 2 cups of rice/noodles and a 12oz glass of milk, apple juice, or water

Dinner: usually left overs from lunch but instead of 2 servings of carbs, I only eat one because I go to the gym after dinner because of how late I work and how early the mess hall closes.

I I apologize I can't give you exact measurements but that is the best I can do.

Training: I do a 4 day split that recycles with only Thursday off. The last set of every exercise is a drop set with 3 different weights.
    Chest/Shoulders- incline bench 4x12-8 pyramid up in weight, flat bench same, dumbell shoulder press 3x8-12, flys 3x8-12, lateral raises 3x12-15, plate presses 3x25-40
    Legs- front squats 6x 12-8 pyramid up in weight, leg extensions 3x12-15, ham curls 3x8-10, calf raises 3x20-40, Romanian lunges 2x10
    Back- lat pulldowns 5x12-8 pyramid up in weight, bar bent over rows 4x8-12, dumbell rows 3x8-12, t bar rows 3x8-12, close grip cable rows 3x12-15
    Arms- preacher dumbells 5x12-8, skulls crushers 4x8-12, dumbell preachers 4x8-12, pushdowns 4x12-15, ez-bar "21" curls 4x21, cable kickbacks 4x8-12, then last I do sort of a reverse grip curl with that rope that has black rubber pieces on the ends and instead of grabbing the rope, I grab the rubber pieces like grabbing a baseball for 3x20-40

if I need to clarify anything, or there's any suggestions, I'd be happy to hear them. Thanks!

OHH I know too much about military nutrition (I've worked about a dozen clients in the military.)

So overall, I take it you can only utilize orals and no injectables?

Based on your present state of recovery. I would recommend waiting at least three months before intensifying your protocol. You have only been back two weeks. The potential changes in physiology based on nutrition alone over three months would allow for more realistic goals. I have found muscle memory takes 2-3 months to get back to a base level following injury.

In addition to weights, what required PT do you have?
    Training and diet consulting available. Send me a PM.

Quote Originally Posted by black-elephant View Post
    Based on your present state of recovery. I would recommend waiting at least three months before intensifying your protocol. You have only been back two weeks. The potential changes in physiology based on nutrition alone over three months would allow for more realistic goals. I have found muscle memory takes 2-3 months to get back to a base level following injury.

Exactly.

Take advantage of the utilizing the least to obtain the most. Nutrition can obviously be optimized but training can DEFINITELY take a bigger turn.

RX MEMBER

OHH I know too much about military nutrition (I've worked about a dozen clients in the military.)

So overall, I take it you can only utilize orals and no injectables?
    yes that is correct.

RX MEMBER

Quote Originally Posted by black-elephant View Post
    I have phys. therapy usually twice a week (sometimes once due to scheduling) and it consists of about an hour and a half worth of rotator cuff, scapula, and deltoid strengthening. Along with being stretched out because they tell me my scapulae have an excessive range of motion and they over compensate for the lack of range in my shoulder, being where my original injury came from I suspect.

RX MEMBER

but training can DEFINITELY take a bigger turn.
    What exactly do you mean by this? Changing my rep scheme, adding/subtracting volume, different split, target different muscle groups?

RX MEMBER

Was thinking today, I've taken super DMZ 3.0 before and reacted very well to it. No sides at all other than slight appetite loss. I thought about just taking one or two of the ingredients, maybe alpha 1? Also thought about epistane because I have a buddy I used to lift with who very highly recommends havoc. I knew him while he was on it and I must say, I can't tell which results I liked better. Him on havoc, or myself on DMZ. Obviously I know SDMZ 3 (and alpha 1) are bulking compounds and epi is known more for a lean, strengthening, hardening compound. Any thoughts? I'm torn because I know how I react to SDMZ 3 and alpha, but I really like the outcome and results of epistane better.