RX MEMBER

Default Low Dose Drug Cycle: Opinions Wanted

I'm a couple of months away from turning 50 and planning on competing in September to celebrate the BIG 50. I have only done HRT since 2012. I have borderline hypertension that's managed with a small dose of Amlodipine. I had told myself that I wasn't going to take anything anymore but because of spinal and nerve impingement issues several muscle groups have atrophied and my days of putting together a pleasing physique are numbered. In all likelihood the 2 shows in September will likely be my last. With that in mind, I tried to put together a reasonably safe cycle. Here is the plan: About 4 weeks ago I bumped my HRT from 100mg a week of cypionate to 200mg. April 23rd(20 weeks out) I'm going to run 700mg of Equipoise and "officially" begin my prep. Bodyfat wise I'm around 7% and about 3-4 weeks away from being peeled. I'm hoping after being clean so long that this will add a few pounds of muscle over a 12 week period. At the 8 week out mark I'm keeping the Eq and adding 100mg of propionate EOD and 600 mg of masteron a week. Also going to add 1/2 of an Arimidex daily at the 8 week out mark. I'm also borderline Type 2 diabetic and it's currently being well managed by a very low(100g/day) carb diet. So, I'm very lean but unfortunately very flat. I was planning to have a higher(300g) carb day twice weekly to try to stay full. Gonna use low glycemic carbs only. Going to try to keep my blood sugar from being elevated on those days so I was planning on adding Metformin on those days. So my main goals are to control my blood pressure and blood sugar while adding muscle. Any opinions?
    Last edited by platehed; 03-31-2016 at 02:56 PM.

Over 50
    borderline hypertension
    spinal and nerve impingement issues

Taking those factors into consideration, the only thing I would ever say is an even MORE moderate approach to your
    cycle…take into consideration your age and risk factors.

RX MEMBER

Quote Originally Posted by BeastFitness View Post
    Over 50
    borderline hypertension
    spinal and nerve impingement issues

Taking those factors into consideration, the only thing I would ever say is an even MORE moderate approach to your
    cycle…take into consideration your age and risk factors.
    Going to monitor my blood pressure throughout. I'm intentionally staying away from the obvious offenders: Tren, Anadrol, Dbol, Halo. My only question mark is the prop. If SBP goes over 140 going to back off the prop. With the spinal and nerve problems, they seem to be less problematic when I carry more muscle mass. Seems like the added muscle supports the spine better or acts as a shock absorber if you will. But, I can't squat or deadlift anymore because of the spinal issues. The nerve impingement issues are exacerbated by straining out the last few reps of an exercise. Particularly on pulling movements like pulldowns or curls. So,to get around this NOTHING is taken to true failure. I always stop a few reps shy and just add another set.
    Last edited by platehed; 04-01-2016 at 07:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by platehed View Post
    Going to monitor my blood pressure throughout. I'm intentionally staying away from the obvious offenders: Tren, Anadrol, Dbol, Halo. My only question mark is the prop. If SBP goes over 140 going to back off the prop. With the spinal and nerve problems, they seem to be less problematic when I carry more muscle mass. Seems like the added muscle supports the spine better or acts as a shock absorber if you will. But, I can't squat or deadlift anymore because of the spinal issues. The nerve impingement issues are exacerbated by straining out the last few reps of an exercise. Particularly on pulling movements like pulldowns or curls. So,to get around this NOTHING is taken to true failure. I always stop a few reps shy and just add another set.
    I understand that…shoot me a message brother. I tried to send you one but it wouldn't allow me to

RX MEMBER

Quote Originally Posted by BeastFitness View Post
    I understand that…shoot me a message brother. I tried to send you one but it wouldn't allow me to
    A few years ago I was spammed to death with gear dealers and research chemical companies and shut off my PM function. Hadn't been on here in a while. Spent 20 min last night trying to turn it back on. Apparently my finance and nursing degrees haven't prepared me enough to navigate the setting of this website. Lol. Haven't been on here in a while.

A few years ago I was spammed to death with gear dealers and research chemical companies and shut off my PM function. Hadn't been on here in a while. Spent 20 min last night trying to turn it back on. Apparently my finance and nursing degrees haven't prepared me enough to navigate the setting of this website. Lol. Haven't been on here in a while.
    Ahh sorry to hear that brother. You can shoot me an email if that works better for you or just go to my website and go from there

I think you might need less gear than you think you do. I'm 54 and an ex- competitor in another sport. After years of building the mass it seems I just don't need a whole lot of AAS to hold mass or call back muscle memory. The rest is diet and training. Being over 50 is always going to mean limits in the gym and that's where being older and wiser comes into play.
    Last edited by toxic Avenger; 04-02-2016 at 10:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by toxic Avenger View Post
    I think you might need less gear than you think you do. I'm 54 and an ex- competitor in another sport. After years of building the mass it seems I just don't need a whole lot of AAS to hold mass or call back muscle memory. The rest is diet and training. Being over 50 is always going to mean limits in the gym and that's where being older and wiser comes into play.
    Exactly…its harder to build muscle than maintain it ESPECIALLY with AAS involved

RX MEMBER

Well we shall see. Started Eq a few weeks early. 700 per week sounds like alot but when used as a stand alone it really isn't. Switched up my training. I have always responded well to HIT. But Because of my injuries, I can't strain on any lat movement and many chest and arm movements. Tried increasing volume with poor results. As boring as this sounds my recipe for rebuilding muscles involves short, moderately intense, daily workouts. 20 minutes of weights and 20 minutes of cardio on the stair climber at level 7. Hitting chest and back 2-3 times weekly. Just not as intense or heavy. Moderate weights, 10-15 reps. Focus on contracting and squeezing the muscle. At 8 weeks out gonna add 100 grams of carbs in the form of 50g pre and 50 g post workouts using Rich Riana's REAL FOOD with whey isolate. Rest of my meals are going to be meat, fat and a vegetable. I'm also going to add in 1/2 Adex ED; 100mg prop EOD and 170 mg Mast EOD at the 8 week out more. If I know my body as well as I think I do I'm probably not going to have to do much else. Might have to adjust the carbs up or down. Using REAL FOOD for carbs because its a clean, easy way to get a precise amount of carbs. Remaining fat should be replaced with muscle with the inclusion of the prop and mast along with an aromatase inhibitor. Still real lean and real flat. Won't feel the Eq for another week or 2.

OLYMPIAN

I'm a couple of months away from turning 50 and planning on competing in September to celebrate the BIG 50. I have only done HRT since 2012. I have borderline hypertension that's managed with a small dose of Amlodipine. I had told myself that I wasn't going to take anything anymore but because of spinal and nerve impingement issues several muscle groups have atrophied and my days of putting together a pleasing physique are numbered. In all likelihood the 2 shows in September will likely be my last. With that in mind, I tried to put together a reasonably safe cycle. Here is the plan: About 4 weeks ago I bumped my HRT from 100mg a week of cypionate to 200mg. April 23rd(20 weeks out) I'm going to run 700mg of Equipoise and "officially" begin my prep. Bodyfat wise I'm around 7% and about 3-4 weeks away from being peeled. I'm hoping after being clean so long that this will add a few pounds of muscle over a 12 week period. At the 8 week out mark I'm keeping the Eq and adding 100mg of propionate EOD and 600 mg of masteron a week. Also going to add 1/2 of an Arimidex daily at the 8 week out mark. I'm also borderline Type 2 diabetic and it's currently being well managed by a very low(100g/day) carb diet. So, I'm very lean but unfortunately very flat. I was planning to have a higher(300g) carb day twice weekly to try to stay full. Gonna use low glycemic carbs only. Going to try to keep my blood sugar from being elevated on those days so I was planning on adding Metformin on those days. So my main goals are to control my blood pressure and blood sugar while adding muscle. Any opinions?
    So with borderline hypertension and type 2 diabetes and being 50 you think it's a good idea to run almost 2 grams of gear a week?

If your holding the condition you already speak of, I would skip the EQ. Use mast and var. Maybe primo if you can get legit primo.

But you don't need nearly as much as your planning. At least in my opinion.

Weigh the risk vs reward.
    Last edited by beefyfan; 04-15-2016 at 08:03 PM.

My main concern would be the elevated hematocrit from EQ causing elevated BP. Have you thought about something like Primo instead?
    A Passionate and Dynamic Approach to Physique Enhancement
    Strength and Nutrition/Contest Prep Coach
    -serious inquiries: [email protected]

Team Provo, Chem Moderator Provo82's Avatar

yeah agree with data id stay away from the equipose unless you know your BP generally doesnt raise from it. i was dealing with bp issues while competing and if i stuck to mast prop primo then threw in var and proviron at the final stretch it generally stayed in range.