Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Quote Originally Posted by davidcua View Post
    Gotti : "Yeaaah but Layne Norton states that this study shows that bodybuilder should do BALLET dance because it's a great way to lose body fat while bodybuilding." YOu could say those stupidities. That's being over MORONIC of you.
    your examples are beyond stupid....but ballet might be useful for big ogre bodybuilders on their flexibility which could help gym performance or allow them to move better on stage during their posing....I know a few nfl guys have used ballet to help them

stop pretending like everyone on the forums is dallas mccarver too....that's simply not the case, your living in a fantasy land, we all don't use large amount of gear.....so this information in here will help a lot more people that read it than saying xyz bodybuilder uses this strategy

  Fasted Cardio

Fasted cardio, most often done first thing in the morning, has been a popular approach in the world of bodybuilding for years... and it works, if you're using performance-enhancing drugs to protect your muscle mass. But for a natural lifter, fasted cardio is a very good way to eat away at your muscle mass.

First of all, cortisol is at its highest in the morning (the cortisol spike is what allows you to have energy when you wake-up). If you don't eat, it will stay elevated and even increase.

And if you couple it with cardio, which also tends to jack up cortisol output, you'll end up with a sky-high cortisol level, which is one of the best ways to lose muscle.

Not only that, if it gets high enough you'll actually have a hard time bringing it down during the day (especially when in a caloric deficit). You end up spending the whole day in a muscle-wasting state!

I'm not pro-cardio or anti-cardio. Some people need it to get super lean, some don't. I do however think that people introduce it too soon in a fat loss phase. If you decide to use cardio to get leaner, doing it fasted is a bad idea.

The absolute best way to get the greatest caloric expenditure over the whole day from cardio is to do your it in what's called the post-absorptive state. That means not in a fasted state, but not while you're still digesting either.

The post-absorptive state is when nutrients are available in the bloodstream and fat oxidation and caloric expenditure is at its greatest.

If you do your cardio in a fasted state, the overall fat oxidation over a 24-hour period is significantly lower, probably because the metabolic rate doesn't increase or stay elevated, but also because the bout of activity causes more fatigue.

You instinctively end up lowering your activity level throughout the day. There's also the issue of fasted cardio being potentially catabolic to muscle mass.

However, doing cardio after you just ate isn't better either. It'll lead to less fat oxidation and more glucose oxidation, not to mention that a lot of people have a hard time going hard on energy system work when they're still digesting a meal.

The best option is to perform cardio when the body has fully absorbed nutrients prior to the activity. Unfortunately, this is really hard to do with solid food. It's almost impossible to know how fast solid food is digested. It will vary from person to person and even from time of day in the same person.

What I use is Mag-10® because it's readily absorbed, so you can drink it and do cardio afterwards and get all the benefits of the post-absorptive state. It boosts metabolic rate and actually helps you get leaner faster.

To summarize, avoid fasted cardio when you're trying to lose fat and are not using an anabolic aid. (Mag-10 works perfectly for that purpose.) Do cardio in the post-absorptive state to preserve muscle mass and will have the greatest impact on your fat loss over a 24-hour period.

Gotti, I will pretend I did not read what you wrote and that you are a normal, rational thinking individual. Have a great night
    David Cua also called Donald Pump known for "making bodybuilding great again" !

Gotti, I will pretend I did not read what you wrote and that you are a normal, rational thinking individual. Have a great night
    So you're saying that Christian Thibaudeau is not a normal, rational, thinking individual? He's a very respected coach in the industry the author of this article...
    https://www.t-nation.com/training/fa...io-eats-muscle
    Last edited by Sunnyday; 10-14-2016 at 06:00 PM.
    2016 RX Member of the Year & March 2015 Member of the Month
    https://www.instagram.com/sunny52kg/

https://granitesupplements.com/ideva...ate.php?id=127

RX MEMBER

Quote Originally Posted by Sunnyday View Post
    So you're saying that Christian Thibaudeau is not a normal, rational, thinking individual? He's a very respected coach in the industry the author of this article...
    He's a good coach, he's correct in the article about fasted cardio, but he also lies more than Hillary regarding his drug use and has shilled all kinds of junk supplements in his articles.

You should believe information based on the weight of evidence and not based on the authority of messenger.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunnyday View Post
    I'm saying that I would rather trust infos from : "Chris Aceto"/ "Dave Palumbo" / "Chad Nichols" / "George Farah" / "Kevin Levrone"/ "Ronnie Coleman"/ "Flex Wheeler" / Myself (my own experience + my athletes +my rational/logical thinking and holistic understanding of how the body works) than trusting Christian Thibaudeau or Layne Norton.

I hope you do understand my point Sunnyday. You're name dropping, I'm NAME DROPPING. Mr Thibaudeau is not in the realm of these fine technicians.

With love, from France

Quote Originally Posted by nzgs View Post
    He's a good coach, he's correct in the article about fasted cardio, but he also lies more than Hillary regarding his drug use and has shilled all kinds of junk supplements in his articles.

You should believe information based on the weight of evidence and not based on the authority of messenger.
    Dead on the money with your post nzgs, as usual !

Quote Originally Posted by nzgs View Post

I wish I could of and I usually try to edit out the shilling of products but the overall message holds true and at this point can't really be argued with a legit arguement

Defranco who is HHH trainer had a decent podcast talking about how to do cardio and keep muscle a week or two ago as well....talked about HIIT cardio and farmers walks as well

Quote Originally Posted by Young Gotti View Post
    Defranco who is HHH trainer had a decent podcast talking about how to do cardio and keep muscle a week or two ago as well....talked about HIIT cardio and farmers walks as well
    HIIT cardio is to be implemented for wrester in WWE. Why because of increasing stamina and cardio conditioning. Not because it's the most effective way to burn fat while preserving muscle.

Young Gotti you're so wrong on that regard. Several people including Aceto told you so. Thank you now to change subject while being schooled by THE BEST NUTRITIONIST / PREPPING GURU in the entire world. Thank you.

HIIT cardio is to be implemented for wrester in WWE. Why because of increasing stamina and cardio conditioning. Not because it's the most effective way to burn fat while preserving muscle.

Young Gotti you're so wrong on that regard. Several people including Aceto told you so. Thank you now to change subject while being schooled by THE BEST NUTRITIONIST / PREPPING GURU in the entire world. Thank you.
    Oh your right I'm sorry I should take training advice from a nutritionist over personal trainers and scientific proof

Also defranco wasn't specifically talking about wrestling...just giving background on who he is

Screenshot_20161015-152632.jpg
    Last edited by Young Gotti; 10-15-2016 at 03:27 PM.

Oh your right I'm sorry I should take training advice from a nutritionist over personal trainers and scientific proof

Also defranco wasn't specifically talking about wrestling...just giving background on who he is

Screenshot_20161015-152632.jpg
    You need to stop quoting "Dr. Jacob Wilson" if you want to be seen as someone credible. This guy got fired from his gig and ran a study which somehow got published claiming HMB put on more muscle mass than anabolic steroids. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4019830/

There are also some major points you are missing.

1. LISS is healthy. It's healthy for your heart and has way greater mood enhancing effects than HIIT. Regardless if it's fasted or not doing LISS/MISS 30-60+ mins has amazing impacts on mood and mental health.

2. HIIT is nervous system and muscle taxing and effects recovery while LISS/MISS enhances recovery. This is especially important for naturals.

3. All these studies on post workout fat oxidation and cortisol are way overblown. Total Caloric balance is going to have a far greater effect on fat loss than what method you are using to burn your calories. 300 calories burned from LISS/MISS vs HIIT is going to have extremely minor effects on fat loss if any at all.

4. Fasting has many other health benefits in general than just fat loss. Some people like to fast for other reasons than burning fat/lowering caloric intake.

Good day.
    Last edited by Jake DeMichele; 10-20-2016 at 07:38 AM.
    IG @ jakedemichele
    Email - [email protected]s

Quote Originally Posted by Jake DeMichele View Post
    You need to stop quoting "Dr. Jacob Wilson" if you want to be seen as someone credible. This guy got fired from his gig and ran a study which somehow got published claiming HMB put on more muscle mass than anabolic steroids. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4019830/

There are also some major points you are missing.

1. LISS is healthy. It's healthy for your heart and has way greater mood enhancing effects than HIIT. Regardless if it's fasted or not doing LISS/MISS 30-60+ mins has amazing impacts on mood and mental health.

2. HIIT is nervous system and muscle taxing and effects recovery while LISS/MISS enhances recovery. This is especially important for naturals.

3. All these studies on post workout fat oxidation and cortisol are way overblown. Total Caloric balance is going to have a far greater effect on fat loss than what method you are using to burn your calories. 300 calories burned from LISS/MISS vs HIIT is going to have extremely minor effects on fat loss if any at all.

4. Fasting has many other health benefits in general than just fat loss. Some people like to fast for other reasons than burning fat/lowering caloric intake.

Good day.
    yeah except I'm not discussing health benefits so your whole post is irrelevant

1. people can't get put in a good mood from HIIT? I get in a good mood from busting my ass during a workout instead of walking....also helps improve my sleep

2.hiit is part of the workout, so it's not going to really effect recovery anymore than your training already does

3. no, reread the posts about hiit vs liss, your missing a lot

4. fasting is great, I fast for roughly 12 hours a day, but adding cardio to that fast is detrimental
    Last edited by Young Gotti; 10-20-2016 at 02:47 PM.

Fasting for 12 hours? That's not a fast. That's called waking up and not eating breakfast. You're literally lost dude, Between Jacob Wilson and you jerking off over cortsiol levels and ignoring caloric intakes.

HIIT is part of the workout? Lol dude it's cardio

yeah except I'm not discussing health benefits so your whole post is irrelevant

1. people can't get put in a good mood from HIIT? I get in a good mood from busting my ass during a workout instead of walking....also helps improve my sleep

2.hiit is part of the workout, so it's not going to really effect recovery anymore than your training already does

3. no, reread the posts about hiit vs liss, your missing a lot

4. fasting is great, I fast for roughly 12 hours a day, but adding cardio to that fast is detrimental
    Last edited by Jake DeMichele; 10-21-2016 at 03:48 AM.
    IG @ jakedemichele
    Email - [email protected]s

Quote Originally Posted by Jake DeMichele View Post
    Fasting for 12 hours? That's not a fast. That's called waking up and not eating breakfast. You're literally lost dude, Between Jacob Wilson and you jerking off over cortsiol levels and ignoring caloric intakes.

HIIT is part of the workout? Lol dude it's cardio
    Yep 12 hour fast....define fast for me? breakfast, your breaking the fast of the night time, no time frame needed

So your telling me I shouldn't reference articles from Dr. Jacob Wilson, but should listen to shmoe's on an internet message board? haha but I'm lost?

and Yes HIIT is part of the workout, I recommend doing your lifting and then your HIIT in the same session.

If caloric intake is important, HIIT burns more calories throughout the day than LISS fasted cardio does. Again read the articles....if my goal is to be in a 500 calorie deficit and HIIT burns more overall calories and fat...it allows me to eat some more calories to stay at that 500 calorie deficit right? since I'm burning more throughout the day? that means more nutrients, possibly another meal to maximize protein synthesis...increase recovery that you feel so inclined to mention in your first post

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567