Aaron Rodgers and off season Nutrition

http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/po...more-tom-brady

This offseason, he and Adam Korzun, the Packers’ director of performance nutrition, took a much more scientific approach to Rodgers’ meal plan, which essentially spelled the end of the 80/20 Rule. Although Rodgers still occasionally indulges, his new approach allowed him to lower his body fat percentage and show up this year in arguably the best shape of his life.

“I think it is all about finding ways to challenge yourself. And one area I've really focused on is working with Adam with my nutrition, and really thinking hard about that,” Rodgers explained last week following the team’s first open-to-the-public organized team activity practice of the offseason.

“We've talked about it the last few years, but even more this year -- just trying to be smart about my eating habits.”

While the 32-year-old Rodgers made it clear that his offseason workouts are still crucial, too -- “[Strength coach] Mark Lovat does a great job on our strength and conditioning area, and I've been working hard at that,” he said -- Rodgers believes a smarter approach to his diet will also benefit him significantly in his quest to play six to eight more NFL seasons.

“Everybody eats a little differently,” Rodgers said. “But the more where you are aware of what you put in your body and how it affects your performance, the better opportunities you have. And that's what I'm trying to do.”