View Poll Results: Who's the biggest scammer of the bodybuilding/fitness industry

Voters
38. You may not vote on this poll
  • Jared Wheat

2 5.26%
  • Aaron Singerman

13 34.21%
  • Pee Jay Braun

8 21.05%
  • Shawn Ray (Shredz posts)

1 2.63%
  • Alvin CEO or Shredz

1 2.63%
  • Devin CEO of Shredz

3 7.89%
  • John Meadows

2 5.26%
  • Page Hathaway

2 5.26%
  • Lee Thompson

3 7.89%
  • Others (please name them and arguments)

3 7.89%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Who's the biggest scammer of the bodybuilding/fitness industry?

Since MD put down the thread Kinic made, YES NO FREEDOM of speech there. Aaron Singerman was the clear leader in that particular pole. I decided to try a poll here on Rx muscle.

I know that freedom of speech here is 100% as long as we're not disrespectful. Rx is the best site of bodybuilding/fitness by MILES.
    David Cua also called Donald Pump known for "making bodybuilding great again" !

Singerman's history since Dave sent him on his way has shown that Dave was right to cut him loose. I have not seen in him a moral compass. Maybe if I new him in real life I would but from 20,000 ft all I see is a scammer.

Those pyramid scheme supplement companies are way bigger and a much bigger scam than anyone on that list

Also don't forgot the people who made or make boat loads of money on products like slim fast that have a much bigger reach than an aaron singerman ever will
    Last edited by Young Gotti; 10-09-2016 at 09:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Young Gotti View Post
    Those pyramid scheme supplement companies are way bigger and a much bigger scam than anyone on that list

Also don't forgot the people who made or make boat loads of money on products like slim fast that have a much bigger reach than an aaron singerman ever will
    Yes indeed and they make WAY more money. Don't know who are the guys making slim fast or else. I consider basically 85-90% of the supplement industry as professional scamming enterprise.

There are very few that don't take part to that list, and that sell quality supplements. (Even if they offer some bogus alternative to the mass, they also do possess quality essentials/basics that actually benefit the trainer/weighlifter)

For instance good companies :
    - True Nutrition
    - Kevin Levrone Signature Series
    - Species
    - Maybe Animal ?
    - Pulsin nutrition
    - Vega

Maybe we can include Scitec nutrition since they are sponsoring a lots of pros, and have if you are willing to make the price good essentials. (Omega 3 / Mutlivitamins and minerals chelated / other vitamins or minerals)

I don't know any other supplement company like these (quality wise and non scamming wise)

OLYMPIAN

The supplement industry needs regulation. It too open to scamming at the moment.

I don't know what the supp's, potions, weight loss industry is worth but it must be billions and billions. Its a real hot bed for unscruppulous types.

FDA regulation is too stringent and expensive to comply with but supplements have to seen as more than a food sourse in terms of regulation.

Managing Dir., Rx Muscle Forums Curt James's Avatar
    Big Jeff's Family Restaurant, 815 Fremont Ave, South Pasadena, CA

Quote Originally Posted by davidcua View Post
    Yes indeed and they make WAY more money. Don't know who are the guys making slim fast or else. I consider basically 85-90% of the supplement industry as professional scamming enterprise.

There are very few that don't take part to that list, and that sell quality supplements. (Even if they offer some bogus alternative to the mass, they also do possess quality essentials/basics that actually benefit the trainer/weighlifter)

For instance good companies :
    - True Nutrition
    - Kevin Levrone Signature Series
    - Species
    - Maybe Animal ?
    - Pulsin nutrition
    - Vega

Maybe we can include Scitec nutrition since they are sponsoring a lots of pros, and have if you are willing to make the price good essentials. (Omega 3 / Mutlivitamins and minerals chelated / other vitamins or minerals)

I don't know any other supplement company like these (quality wise and non scamming wise)
    IronMag Labs

Managing Dir., Rx Muscle Forums Curt James's Avatar
    Big Jeff's Family Restaurant, 815 Fremont Ave, South Pasadena, CA

Quote Originally Posted by Big Beat View Post
    I don't know what the supp's, potions, weight loss industry is worth but it must be billions and billions.
    "roughly $36.7 billion" according to a 2015 article @ http://www.nutraingredients-usa.com/...not-12-billion

"the value of retail sales of vitamins and nutritional supplements in the United States from 2000 to 2017 (projections from 2011). In 2010, sales of these products reached 28.1 billion U.S. dollars." according to another article @ https://www.statista.com/statistics/...nts-in-the-us/

Quote Originally Posted by Curt James View Post
    I honestly don't know any of their product, I had a bad idea about them because they were partner with Aaron and PJ and sell them the "soon to be banned product". Which in a sense is notb IMlab fault at all, it's only psychological association from my part. I just checked some of their products, and the ingredients within it seems to be quite of good quality and in proper quantity. Again I might have forgotten a couple brand. But The one I'm praising I know for sure they are good.
    Last edited by davidcua; 10-09-2016 at 02:29 PM.

The supplement industry needs regulation. It too open to scamming at the moment.

I don't know what the supp's, potions, weight loss industry is worth but it must be billions and billions. Its a real hot bed for unscruppulous types.

FDA regulation is too stringent and expensive to comply with but supplements have to seen as more than a food sourse in terms of regulation.
    A contradiction. The issue is that those who get away with it aren't caught quickly enough.

One huge issue is the use of contract manufacturers. It doesn't help that companies ask for low bids before giving the companies business. Those companies promise what they can't deliver and then, as soon as they get the contract (always non-disclosure), start cutting corners.
    06, 08, 09 and now 2010 British (4x) and 2008/2010 European Grip Champion (2x)

OLYMPIAN

Quote Originally Posted by Mobster View Post
    A contradiction. The issue is that those who get away with it aren't caught quickly enough.

One huge issue is the use of contract manufacturers. It doesn't help that companies ask for low bids before giving the companies business. Those companies promise what they can't deliver and then, as soon as they get the contract (always non-disclosure), start cutting corners.

To get a medicine through the FDA costs millions and millions and there is no guarantee of success. Look at the major financial hits pharmaceutical companies take when a product fails to pass FDA requirements.

Supplements fall somewhere between pharmaceuticals and food. New regulations suitable for supplements is needed is my view.

True enough. More so when some supplement products (note NOT all) are sold with a medical like claim, wrapped in such a way as to look like it too. The stuff that doesn't includes whey, creatine, etc. SARM's, Pro-Hormones, pseudo-steroids (esp those named as such) and pretty much every 'research' chemical.

Here, in the UK (pre-Brexit) we had the EU suggesting (pls god it doesn't become law) suggesting regulatory proof for some vitamins and minerals. The anti-this mob suggested, rightly I think, that pharma were influencing the limitation of mg and IU. One example was Vitamin C being limited to 200mg or less. Anything more would require a prescription from your doctor (the visit to which is free here for now. As is the script here in Wales).

All this suggests we're between a rock and a hard place. The FDA (EU here) getting greater powers which cost us money and limit our choice or, as per the topic, scamming companies and contractors.
    06, 08, 09 and now 2010 British (4x) and 2008/2010 European Grip Champion (2x)

RX MEMBER

If you want more expensive supplements that aren't any better and mean only the biggest richest companies can afford to bribe the regulators, putting smaller companies out of business, then yeah regulation is a great idea.

If you want to take personal responsibility and do your homework before buying supplements then the current unregulated market is brilliant for competition and consumer choice.

OLYMPIAN

Quote Originally Posted by nzgs View Post
    If you want more expensive supplements that aren't any better and mean only the biggest richest companies can afford to bribe the regulators, putting smaller companies out of business, then yeah regulation is a great idea.

If you want to take personal responsibility and do your homework before buying supplements then the current unregulated market is brilliant for competition and consumer choice.

I am responding to the numerous failures of supplement companies to provide what they promise on the label. There is a problem that needs to be fixed.

Personally I was never big on supplements. If you eat an egg you know what you are getting, no need for research.

RX MEMBER

I am responding to the numerous failures of supplement companies to provide what they promise on the label. There is a problem that needs to be fixed.

Personally I was never big on supplements. If you eat an egg you know what you are getting, no need for research.
    It's a problem that is fixed by not buying a supplement unless you test it yourself or see 3rd party tests, which is far smarter than relying on government regulation which is essentially a monopoly on legitimacy.

But on topic, it's a bit fucked up calling all those people scammers when Palumbo was busted for selling fake serostim which is far more serious. To get anywhere in the supplement industry requires scamming to a degree, almost everyone is lying about the contents or efficacy of their supps. This is why learning critical thinking skills and personal responsibility is better than deferring responsibility to daddy government.

Quote Originally Posted by nzgs View Post
    It's a problem that is fixed by not buying a supplement unless you test it yourself or see 3rd party tests, which is far smarter than relying on government regulation which is essentially a monopoly on legitimacy.

But on topic, it's a bit fucked up calling all those people scammers when Palumbo was busted for selling fake serostim which is far more serious. To get anywhere in the supplement industry requires scamming to a degree, almost everyone is lying about the contents or efficacy of their supps. This is why learning critical thinking skills and personal responsibility is better than deferring responsibility to daddy government.
    then the questions is did Dave knowingly sell fake gh? Aaron and pj knew they were scamming big difference. IMO

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast