MusclePharm Combat Crunch Cookies & Cream Bar

Taste

Cookies & Cream - Given the outside shell with a dominant brown flavor I expected a lot more chocolate then cookies and cream. This bar took that approach when MusclePharm designed it. The sweet cream aspect of an oreo or cookie is overshadowed by the chocoalte. With the milk and cookies flavor being a mere aftertaste to the stronger chocolate it threw me off a bit. While this is still a good tasting bar it deviates from what a real cookies and cream should taste like. When I picture cookies and cream it should have a stronger sweet cream or sweet tasting flavor with the chocolate being the secondary aspect. I would rank Quest CnC, Fit Crunch C&C, and MT NitroTech CnC above this one.

Texture

The texture on combat crunch bars are very similar to the NitroTech Crunch bars by MuscleTech. You get a nice crunch on the outside, but a cakelike center. The consistency of the bar is softly chewy rather than being a tougher chew which may remind you of a quest bar. While it is not super soft like a mission 1 bar, it is not rock hard either. This provides a happy medium for a texture you can easily eat right out of the wrapper.

Formula

210 Calories
7g Fat
28g Carbs
20g Protein

While the carbs may be on the high end for some protein bars on the market it still has a good ratio of macros. The Protein matrix is made up of MPI and WPI. With MPI being a bit thicker in texture this is where the flavor shines from the thicker protein source. Of course all protein bars will be processed to a heavier degree then protein powders, so some of the ingredients even at less then 2% will still turn some people away. The main feature here is convenience of having a bar and not missing a meal.

Cost

12 bars range around 25$. Given the protein bar market usually most are 2$ a bar. If you shop at a local retailer store it may be higher. Sometimes if you roll into the 3 letter store or VS they can be upward to 3$. ALways better to buy online from a respectable source and save yourself some money. Since these are not a new release these should not cost you an arm and a leg to grab a box or pick up a few singles.