Scivation Xtend Blood Orange

Taste

Blood Orange – I don’t even know what Blood orange means, but I can tell you this is absolutely delicious. Coming from always have the regular orange this reminds me of “Tang”. The Tang you buy in the big bottles out of the grocery store and just mix with water. Think about a small combination of Orange and Mango. You get the extra sweetness tang brings off a regular orange flavor. Not a very dense and bold orange flavor like you squeezed a fresh orange, more of a luscious and sweet orange. For those who have a sweeter tooth or like a sweet orange this is going to be killer for you. As always Scivation delivers another killer flavor, not to mention there are more new ones on the way. This IMO is a huge upgrade from the regular orange especially if you were or are a big Tang fan which this reminds me of.

Mixability
With any Scivation product you will find almost no issues. Xtend is known to mix easy and taste great. That is exactly what Blood orange does. Just like the regular orange once it hits your shaker, and a few shakes later you are good to go. Hell I can even mix this with a spoon and have no problems. The powder is so fine it mixes easy into any cocktail or beverage honestly.

Formula

7g of BCAA’s Per Serving
Small Additions of Glutamine and Citruline
Electrolytes

This is one of the most known BCAA Formula’s on the market that gives you above 5g of BCAA per serving. A very well dosed and adequate intra-workout/peri-workout beverage to sip on. Especially for those who train in a fasted state or want a nice dose of Leucine between meals spaced 4-6 hours apart for MPS (Muscle Protein Synthesis)

Overall & Cost

Scivation Xtend is known to be one of the best BCAA’s over the last decade. Not only is it one of the best tasting, it comes in a flavor for everyone. It has been a staple of mine for almost a decade now ever since I started training for High School football and all throughout college. Not only is it affordable you can always find it on sale on any website you purchase your supplements for. You can easily get tubs for around 20$ for 30 servings or even the 90’s for around 40-50$ depending on where you shop. I have seen some crazy deals around the holidays (black Friday) where they were given away free in bundle packs with protein and pre-workouts. Always keep your eye out for great deals on a BCAA that has won numerous awards over the years.