MTS Nutrition Blueberry Muffin Whey Review

Taste

Blueberry Muffin - The Blueberry flavor is very dominant from first sip and has a very long lasting aftertaste. Just opening the tub the aroma fills the room with the scent of a blueberry muffin. There is no artificial taste, but has a bold blueberry flavor. This reminded me of a blueberry scone that has a slight glaze/buttery aftertaste to it. The elements of the muffin (buttery/glaze) flavor and the dense blueberry flavor make this a great fruity addition to the MTS Lineup. While I am usually not a big fruit guy when it comes to protein powders, this is a great rotation flavor to have on his line. I have to say I was surprised at how good this one was. Apple Pie was good; this one beats it as a fruit flavor in my opinion. This one just falls short of my top 5 flavors off Marc’s Lineup.

Mixability

All MTS Flavors mix with ease. I have not had a problem with any flavor, and I have had over a dozen off Marc's line. Mix this in 6-8oz of water and no problems. Mix in sludge (with water or yogurt) no problems, and the countless recipes I have made all mix with ease. This is a good thing about MTS to know is that you won't have a problem mixing this.

Formula

33.5g Per Scoop
1.5g Fat
4g Carbs
25g Protein

Optimal Biological Whey Protein Matrix (Whey Protein Concentrate, Whey Protein Isolate), Natural & Artificial Flavors, Sodium Chloride, Potassium Chloride, Sucralose.

Very straight forward here. WPI/WPC Blend with a few added artificial sweeteners, sucralose and that is about it. Marc does not put a lot of junk into this formula. It is very basic, tastes great, and has good macros. Some of the flavors can get a bit high (cookies and cream, black forest cake, Red Velvet with ~4g fat)

Cost

55$ for a 5lb Tub. It is a limited flavor, who knows if there will be any deals for when this is in stock. From time to time Marc does run 10-20% off his MTS Line, so if you happen to be lucky you could find MTS whey on sale. For limited flavors that is not always the case. Keep your eyes peeled you could get it for under 50$ if on sale, or if you are at a local trade show.
For 10$/lb that is pretty much the standard on the supplement industry due to the cost of raw materials, not to mention this flavor may not come back after it is sold out.

Ranking of Flavors

My MTS Flavor Rankings:

1. Pumpkin Pie
2. Peanut Butter Cookies and Cream
3. Red Velvet
4. Aussie Triple Chocolate Biscuit
5. Coconut Chocolate Cookie
6. Blueberry Muffin
7. Birthday Cake
8. Apple Pie
9. Cookies and Cream
10. Peanut Butter Fluff