Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

What I dont get is people blaming Chad Nichols yet saying Dallas has a history of illness at shows that he was prepped for by Jensen. As good as he is ,there are guys who are better so why the big deal when he doesn't come first? Milos has had athletes have issues at shows ,need I mention Mustapha Mohammed? ,so has Hany Rambod( Phil getting sick and throwing up). How about all the trash that was thrown at our very own Jedi Aceto after Cedric withdrew at that 2015 Olympia? Dallas may have some issues because he is making too much progress too fast at his age plus being a 300 pounder as Jedi Aceto has said many times ,means you cant do show after show without it catching up with you
    Last edited by warthog; 03-26-2017 at 12:54 AM.

Shawn isn't wrong. The kid was definitely pushing it in terms of how often he was competing and how fast he grew. He does need to realize that its a marathon and not sprint. All too often we see guys burn out or destroy their physiques.

RX MEMBER

Default Is Dallas McCarver going to end up like Trey Brewer?

Quote Originally Posted by warthog View Post
    What I dont get is people blaming Chad Nichols yet saying Dallas has a history of illness at shows that he was prepped for by Jensen. As good as he is ,there are guys who are better so why the big deal when he doesn't come first? Milos has had athletes have issues at shows ,need I mention Mustapha Mohammed? ,so has Hany Rambod( Phil getting sick and throwing up). How about all the trash that was thrown at our very own Jedi Aceto after Cedric withdrew at that 2015 Olympia? Dallas may have some issues because he is making too much progress too fast at his age plus being a 300 pounder as Jedi Aceto has said many times ,means you cant do show after show without it catching up with you

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IN1X-xUhPx8

Dallas was a pro after his 3rd competition. I mean, come on, that is nuts! That's too fast.
    Last edited by Snotboards; 03-26-2017 at 02:30 AM.

What is it with guys like dallas that are supposed to be up towards 300 pounds but don't look no where near as big as guys like ronnie who were about the same weight.When i read that dallas was up near 300 pounds it was hard for me to believe because he doesn't look no where near that big.Ronnie certainly looked every bit his 300 pounds.

He most certainly looks 300 pounds few weeks out from the Olympia especially with thicker waist. Plus he is tall for a bodybuilder.

Ronnie looked way bigger at the same weight and also looked bigger even at a lesser weight.

Ronnie did many things no other bodybuilder will match, good for Dallas that people compare him to Ronnie

Quote Originally Posted by guruhonza View Post
    Ronnie did many things no other bodybuilder will match, good for Dallas that people compare him to Ronnie
    One thing Ronnie didn't do was allow Nichols to almost kill him. Take notes Dallas.
    Last edited by Elf; 03-26-2017 at 11:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Elf View Post
    One thing Ronnie didn't do was allow Nichols to almost kill him. Take notes Dallas.
    I can remember reading a quote from Milos Sarcev commenting on 2003 the "never to be repeated Ronnie Coleman", saying "Ronnie must have been close to death". Ronnie must have decided to go the full whack to achieve what he wanted to. As a coach you can either say yes or no but if the guy insists? How do you know he didnt make him sign a disclaimer?
    Last edited by warthog; 03-27-2017 at 11:51 AM.

I can remember reading a quote from Milos Sarcev commenting on 2003 the "never to be repeated Ronnie Coleman", saying "Ronnie must have been close to death". Ronnie must have decided to go the full whack to achieve what he wanted to. As a coach you can either say yes or no but if the guy insists? How do you know he didnt make him sign a disclaimer?
    If I were coach in the IFBB I'd be making all of my guys sign very detailed non-liability disclaimers.

I am the same age as Dallas, so this is coming from the perspective of somebody who dreams of being in his size 15 shoes. Dallas has a lot of time left in the sport. Chad is a veteran coach. If Dallas wants to go all out at the young age of 25, I feel like there is a moral and ethical obligation for Chad to keep that from happening. It's just too risky. Hard work is great, but smart work is better. Dallas wanted to go balls-to-the-walls and the one guy who could have advised him to chill out didn't - Chad Nichols. Chad also has a reputation for having clients fall ill, so, it's even more scummy of a situation in my eyes.

Dallas was sick leading up the the Arnold Classic, apparently puking for days on end. Then he goes and gets 2nd place - which is great. But maybe it's time for him to relax and recover. But no, he goes on to Brazil, still sick, taking who the hell knows what to and risks his whole career just to possibly place ahead of Brandon Curry. Dallas' veteran coach (who has had a lot of clients fall ill over the years) should have seen that coming and known to have pulled back, but apparently he didn't. That's just how I see it. I feel like Chad was a bit reckless as a coach.

If I were coach in the IFBB I'd be making all of my guys sign very detailed non-liability disclaimers.

I am the same age as Dallas, so this is coming from the perspective of somebody who dreams of being in his size 15 shoes. Dallas has a lot of time left in the sport. Chad is a veteran coach. If Dallas wants to go all out at the young age of 25, I feel like there is a moral and ethical obligation for Chad to keep that from happening. It's just too risky. Hard work is great, but smart work is better. Dallas wanted to go balls-to-the-walls and the one guy who could have advised him to chill out didn't - Chad Nichols. Chad also has a reputation for having clients fall ill, so, it's even more scummy of a situation in my eyes.

Dallas was sick leading up the the Arnold Classic, apparently puking for days on end. Then he goes and gets 2nd place - which is great. But maybe it's time for him to relax and recover. But no, he goes on to Brazil, still sick, taking who the hell knows what to and risks his whole career just to possibly place ahead of Brandon Curry. Dallas' veteran coach (who has had a lot of clients fall ill over the years) should have seen that coming and known to have pulled back, but apparently he didn't. That's just how I see it. I feel like Chad was a bit reckless as a coach.
    I wish I could go back and edit some of this, but I think my point comes across. I'm not saying Dallas isn't to blame for his own actions, but Chad should really be ashamed for letting so many clients fall ill like this.. Especially when Dallas had been sick for weeks and weeks before the incident even happened.

I wish I could go back and edit some of this, but I think my point comes across. I'm not saying Dallas isn't to blame for his own actions, but Chad should really be ashamed for letting so many clients fall ill like this.. Especially when Dallas had been sick for weeks and weeks before the incident even happened.
    Chad
    is doing his best to bring his client in shape and he's definitely not trying to hurt anyone.

It's on clients. It's their body and they have to know how far they wanna push it. Coach just offers options.

I know many no name amateur guys who cant even place top 5 at Czech nationals (there's never more than 12 guys competing, usually it's 7-10 guys) who fucked themselves with diuretics and had to take long time off. This is on these people...

Everyone that I have ever trained- I have asked to sign a waiver of liability before agreeing to train them...
    Last edited by baby muscle; 03-27-2017 at 02:11 PM.

Reps for Baby Muscle please? Its no different from when the hospital asks you if you really want to go ahead with a procedure that has risks........your choice.

Quote Originally Posted by guruhonza View Post
    Chad
    is doing his best to bring his client in shape and he's definitely not trying to hurt anyone.

It's on clients. It's their body and they have to know how far they wanna push it. Coach just offers options.

I know many no name amateur guys who cant even place top 5 at Czech nationals (there's never more than 12 guys competing, usually it's 7-10 guys) who fucked themselves with diuretics and had to take long time off. This is on these people...
    I hear you. But what if the competitor doesn't know exactly what to expect with these diuretics? What if the competitor is very sick? Shouldn't the coach be held at least a little accountable for shit like this? No? Free pass? Okay..

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast