supbro! is an OG! He's been a member since February 19, 2009, the very beginning. Let's learn more about this longtime member of the forums!

How were you introduced to the weights?

I was a skinny kid in high school, but always hung out with some jocks as well as meatheads, so I guess through them.

How did you learn about Rx Muscle Forums?

I was a newbie at MD and somehow this board was mentioned.

What’s your favorite part of the forums?

Can't really pin one down but I'll go with Chemical Enhancement first...

chem-enhancement.jpg

and Sports a close second. Shout out to PTB!

Any other members whose posts you enjoy?

I enjoy PTB's posts and honest to God I enjoyed GFR's short-lived time here. I bounce around from this board to MD's, so I don't want to mention the wrong members but being 46 I feel that Rx Muscle is better suited to someone my age. Just my honest opinion.

Can you explain more about your opinion on Cedric's actions on the Arnold stage?

The speech was cool, but the hip action was over the top. I'm a man of a certain age and I couldn't imagine a grown man acting that way, especially under those circumstances whether they knew each other or not. To each his own.

arnoldandcedric.jpg

Who would you have had winning in Columbus?

Cedric.

arnold-and-cedric.jpg

What would you do to improve the site and the forums in particular?

Nothing really.

Do you have a favorite movie?

Pope of Greenwich Village.

That looks good.

What is your favorite part of the iron game – strongman, bodybuilding, Men’s Physique, Bikini, etc.?

I was always impressed by bodybuilding but realized after a few years that without superior genetics only so much can be accomplished. That being said, I think I'm in better shape than the majority of the 46 year olds I meet, so I can live with that.

What's your favorite thing about bodybuilding?

The daily routine from my supplements and nutrition to my workouts. I enjoy seeing the progression throughout the year.

What's your least favorite thing about bodybuilding?

I can't stand jerkoffs who insist on telling everyone they’re natty. Listen, 98 percent of us really don't give a shit.

What's your opinion of all the different categories or divisions?

The NPC/IFBB is a business and like any business its goal is to maximize profit.

What is your goal?

I want to raise my little boy to be a gentleman, and with the grace of God not make some of the mistakes I made along the way.

Would you share your greatest experience in the sport so far?

Stepping on stage and competing. I was challenged to do it, didn't do as well as I initially thought I might, but I learned a lot about myself during the process.

What has been one of your greatest disappointments?

Getting arrested for stock fraud.

Would you expand on that at all? I’ve never invested in stocks, but I’m also someone who knows his limitations when it comes to finances or handling money. (Poor, I'd say.)

It was a matter of the need to make money as fast as possible to get myself not only out of debt but out of some debts to people who don't take no for an answer. I eventually paid off those debts, but the money came in too easy and easy money leads to a lot of vices. Vicious circle of sorts.

Do you have any favorite bodybuilders or strength athletes?

I'm a Jersey guy, so I'll say Gaspari, Hnatyschak, and I admire Vinny Galanti as well.

heroes.jpg

Have you met any of those athletes or competitors?

No. Vinny Galanti was a local guy and I'd seen him in town in the past at local gyms.

I met Galanti at the Apollon Gym years ago. He was a Universal athlete, if I’m not mistaken.

Who is someone you look forward to meeting and perhaps picking their brain?

Jesus Christ.

What is your religious affiliation?

I'm Roman Catholic but hardly devout. Quite frankly if it wasn't for my keeping my mother and wife happy by attending Church I'd lean to saying that I don't believe in the "theory" of God. That's why if there's one person I'd like to meet it would be Jesus Christ.

How’s your training going?

Fine at the moment. I'll pick it up in a week or so for the summer beach season.

And how long have you been training?

On and off a total of 20 years, but following a true training program I'd say 7.

What has been the most effective workout you’ve followed?

5 days on 2 days off alternating body parts.

Favorite TV show?

Sanford and Son.

Loved that show, too.

Netflix, Hulu, Amazon Prime, other?

Netflix, Orange is the New Black.

What are three things you couldn't live without?

My wife, my son, and my new sneakers, Adidas Ultra Boost. I was a Nike guy for ages, but not anymore.

What currently drives you nuts?

Grown men and women living on public assistance who haven't filled out a job application in years but can drive a BWW and wear the latest $150 designer t-shirt.

What motivates you?

I was in a coma for several weeks from abusing Lasix as I've mentioned in the past, so I don't need motivation. If anything I'll say proving for my family.

I’m glad you recovered and I admire your obvious love of your family.

What are your hobbies?

Napping.

Lol :-) That’s one of my favorite hobbies, too.

Do you have any pets?

My dog passed away a few years back. He was a stray pit bull and I miss him every day.

What was your dog’s name? How long did you have him? I’m sorry for your loss, brother.

I named my dog Rambus after a semi-conductor company I did very well with when I was a stockbroker. He was a stray. My friend found him wandering when he was about a year old and I took him in. He wasn't my first dog but was definitely my favorite.

pitbull-pup.jpg

Are you a competitor, a fitness enthusiast, a gym rat?

I'm low key when it comes to bodybuilding. I never considered myself one.

I really like people who don’t look like bodybuilders or, I mean, it’s something I can identify with. I look fit enough, but no one has ever asked me, “Wow, how did you build all those muscles?” There are many people in the industry who look anything but muscular yet have contributed a lot to the sport. Think of the photographers, writers, bloggers, interviewers, supplement company owners and/or reviewers on YouTube and elsewhere online.

I agree. Fact of the matter is your genetics can only take you so far. I bust my ass in the gym and I make a conscious effort to eat healthy. I realize that there are others who don't have to work nearly as hard as I do in the gym and see better results and for that I wish them nothing but the best.

You said you learned a lot about yourself by competing. What is the importance of bodybuilding? Is it all about muscles or is there something more to learn from the sport?

I think for me it's about setting small goals in the short term and seeing those goals met and in turn seeing these goals project into larger ones down the road.

That's a great philosophy. Wishing you success in achieving your future goals, supbro!