Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Curt James View Post
    Call me an enabler or a liberal or whatever, but at times, hey, it's just not a choice.

It's an addiction.

The EMTs don't say, "Oh, fuck him. He overdosed last month. Let's just keep it rollin'. I think there's someone worthy to rescue across town."

So, while you're welcome to your opinion, Vince, you're wrong.

This has nothing to do with an addiction as they don't give drug addicts 10 years. Melvin was already caught selling MDMA so he was already on the watch list. Then instead of counting his blessings, he goes out and sells some more....on top of that, he's has a pistol with him when he was already a convicted felon.

If he was just an addict, I would hope for him to get health and he might be a addicted to MDMA. However, he was actively dealing drugs...everyone knew about it and just turned the other way. Melvin blew one too many chances and now he has to pay. He's lucky he didn't get 30 years as that's the normal sentence for dealing MDMA along with having a firearm.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Beat View Post
    10 years is a good stretch, you would hope that gets reduced to 5 years if he keeps his nose clean on the inside.

So many bodybuilders turn to recreational drugs. Are steroids a gateway drug??? or would these guys end up fucked up on meth one way or another???

Sorry but there's no sentence reduction in the federal pen

Quote Originally Posted by Swiper View Post
    that's harsh.

i know laws are laws but he didn't hurt anyone and there's NO VICTIM to his crimes.

There's plenty of people in the cemetery that OD'ed on meth. There's also plenty of people in prison convicted of murder who were high on meth. Sorry but Melvin was trafficking a very dangerous and highly illegal drug. There are victims of Melvin's trafficking even if we don't know their names.

You can't compare this to selling steroids but at some point and time, people have to accept personal responsibility for their decisions in life. Melvin could have gotten a legitimate job...he could have went back to being a hair stylist and doing nails but he didn't
    Last edited by Vince Goodrum; 04-24-2017 at 12:28 PM.

I agree with Vince. Fuck Melvin is right. This isn't his first trouble with the law and he had that run-in a few years back with a cop that was caught on video. He was a piece of shit then and a bigger one now. I'm a parent of two and some scumbag selling meth in the street deserves worse than a decade-long bid. Hope he gets his ass kicked and fucked every day in prison. Just because he was a good bodybuilder doesn't make him a martyr. He fucked up and got caught. Good riddance, cock sucker. Go out and work a legitimate job to earn a living.

RX MEMBER

Man, bodybuilding has been rough on the guys from the 90's. An endless list of guys that have passed away, several serving major time for serious crimes and Coleman a physical shell of his former self. I guess Ray and Cutler are the only two that have health and wealth.

Quote Originally Posted by Vince Goodrum View Post
    There's plenty of people in the cemetery that OD'ed on meth. There's also plenty of people in prison convicted of murder who were high on meth. Sorry but Melvin was trafficking a very dangerous and highly illegal drug. There are victims of Melvin's trafficking even if we don't know their names.

You can't compare this to selling steroids but at some point and time, people have to accept personal responsibility for their decisions in life. Melvin could have gotten a legitimate job...he could have went back to being a hair stylist and doing nails but he didn't
    some people choose to buy and use drugs. the result of that whatever it may be is on them. they made the choice to buy and use.

Managing Dir., Rx Muscle Forums Curt James's Avatar
    Big Jeff's Family Restaurant, 815 Fremont Ave, South Pasadena, CA

Quote Originally Posted by DannyAbs View Post
    Man, bodybuilding has been rough on the guys from the 90's. An endless list of guys that have passed away, several serving major time for serious crimes and Coleman a physical shell of his former self. I guess Ray and Cutler are the only two that have health and wealth.
    Ray may have his health, but does he have any kind of wealth? He's still a huckster for Blechman and peddling oxygen in a can? That doesn't smack of fortune to me.

OLYMPIAN

Quote Originally Posted by Vince Goodrum View Post

Was he caught selling meth or ecstasy???......big difference in those drugs.

A lot of people take ecstasy and don't end up with a fucked up life.

In all honesty who the hell is anyone here or in this world to judge another man honestly...

I am willing to bet that 80 percent of people here have either used, bought, or sold a drug at one point in their life yet another guy gets caught doing something similar to what most of you have and he is this bottom feeder?? Palumbo and Romano have both done their fair share back in the day and yet you all come on here and talk to them as a friend.....

The only thing I don't honestly get at his age and his fame per se is doing shit himself....I am no angel myself and I never once in my life did some dumb hand to hand shit on the street. I would have thought he would have been much higher up on the chain to stay off the radar and do strictly wholesale of the stuff he was selling

Clearly he was on some hard times and took the easier and more rewarding money wise option...For all you people saying get a real job maybe someone should hand you $1000 for literally 30 seconds work and see how fast you think hmmmmm maybe this could help me become my own boss

Unless you were with him the whole time think about what a judgmental prick you are here when you befriend others here who did the same and also did the same time in jail

RX MEMBER

Quote Originally Posted by BILLY GUNS View Post
    In all honesty who the hell is anyone here or in this world to judge another man honestly...

I am willing to bet that 80 percent of people here have either used, bought, or sold a drug at one point in their life yet another guy gets caught doing something similar to what most of you have and he is this bottom feeder?? Palumbo and Romano have both done their fair share back in the day and yet you all come on here and talk to them as a friend.....

The only thing I don't honestly get at his age and his fame per se is doing shit himself....I am no angel myself and I never once in my life did some dumb hand to hand shit on the street. I would have thought he would have been much higher up on the chain to stay off the radar and do strictly wholesale of the stuff he was selling

Clearly he was on some hard times and took the easier and more rewarding money wise option...For all you people saying get a real job maybe someone should hand you $1000 for literally 30 seconds work and see how fast you think hmmmmm maybe this could help me become my own boss

Unless you were with him the whole time think about what a judgmental prick you are here when you befriend others here who did the same and also did the same time in jail

OLYMPIAN

Yeah and there are a few guys on here who are pissed cause Donald Trump hasn't been right wing enough.

Rx Muscle Radio Programming Guru and Video Editing Director

Dave and John will make an IRON RAGE on this today...stay tuned!

"You tell that punk, that I, me Jon Gotti, will sever your mother f'n head off"-Jon Gotti RIP DMX

You guys are a mean group. Maybe he's going g through a serious struggle? Maybe something traumatic happened in his life? Melvin must've been through something really serious Imo to do this. Let's all pray for him. Let's not forget, he was a great dancer aka poser

Melvin Anthony Arrested! Iron Rage on RXMuscle.com

Dave Palumbo and John Romano return for another episode of Iron Rage. The recent arrest of Melvin Anthony ushers in a painful conversation about drugs and bodybuilders, and how some bodybuilders have fallen victim to criminal drug usage.

When in doubt, get bigger.

Quote Originally Posted by BILLY GUNS View Post

Who are we to judge??? How about the federal judge who sentenced him to 10 years. Melvin was not on hard times...he just wanted quick money and he was not only caught once but twice trafficking MDMA.

To be honest, he could have gotten a real job...he's not disabled and he's a licensed cosmetologist. Yes, Palumbo and Romano did their share but they did the time for their actions. Melvin's actions however were much more serious. If he was dealing steroids, I would have an opposite opinion but he wasn't. He was distributing a highly addictive drug that has ravished families and killed people.

He knew the risk so he's gotta do the time

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast