Question What Is Your Philosophy of Nutrition?

What is your philosophy of nutrition, & where or how did you develop it? I am trying to establish a new one, & any input would help me. Thanks in advance.

OLYMPIAN

I'm having some success using keto and moderate IF (14 hr fast). I've been on it for about 12 weeks and like it. Only problem I have is being married to an Italian. She can't comprehend turning down pasta on a Sunday. I've also gotten a way from the whole eating every three hours mentality. It's great for a bulk but I'm at a point in life where I just want to look good. I started by watching Jason Wittrock and Jim Stoppani on YouTube. Check them out for pointers.

I've been doing moderate IF (14 hr) as well. For many years I dieted on a 50:25:25 plan and in the offseason moved to 40:30:30. It's served me well but in light of some health issues in my family, I've decided to change things up and dial down my intake of animal protein (I was ingesting >2xBW in grams of protein for the last 6 years). I've also been playing around with a variety of fats and have bumped them to 40% (40%P, 40%F, 20%C), with omega-6/omega-3 ratio around 3:1. Don't know where this journey will take me but I'll see how I look and feel as I bring fats up some more, maybe 50%.
    Last edited by Sunnyday; 05-15-2017 at 04:55 PM.
    2016 RX Member of the Year
    March 2015 RX Member of the Month
    Training Journal: http://forums.rxmuscle.com/showthrea...aining-Journal

1g/lb of protein
    20% at least fat
    rest carbs

Modify best of how you feel on a higher carb or fat diet, run for 8 weeks and adjust macros as needed.

Eat at least 4 meals a day spaced 4-5 hours apart which is most optimal for Muscle protein Synthesis.
    2013 & 2014 RX Member of the Year
    2014 RX Muscle September Member of the Month
    Primaforce Online Representative