Quest Nutrition Vanilla Caramel Hero Bar Review

Taste

Vanilla Caramel – This is easily the best flavor quest has ever produced in a protein bar, and here is why. The outside coating tastes exactly like cereal milk. It has a vanilla hint and then a very strong luscious aftertaste that is glorious and rich in flavor. The caramel glaze is pure, and has a bold creamy and sweet flavor. The best part is the center, which has the texture of a rice krispy treat. Even though it is crunchy, it still is similar to a Fit Crunch, Nitro tech crunch, and a My Bar. The bar right out of the wrapper does not even need heated to be enjoyed. All of the flavors congeal together to make a fantastic tasting bar. I would recommend these in a heartbeat.

Texture

These are different then regular quest bars, but in my opinion for the better. These provide an outside frosting, a caramel glaze and a very crunchy but soft inside texture. The inside has a crunch that reminds me of rice krispies cereal, but it has a brownie like texture. Quest really improved their basic bar into these hero bars. If you enjoyed the texture and consistency of the past, these are a massive step up.

Formula

Per Bar:
9g Fat
29g Carbs
16g Protein
10g Fiber

Includes: Protein Blend of (MPI, WPI), Soluble Corn Fiber (Prebiotic Fiber), Almonds (the crunchy inside center), Sea Salt (added flavoring), Xanthan Gum (thickener), Sucralose (Sweetener).

Cost

Quest Hero Bar is not released at the moment, but I do have some information on pricing. I saw Stack3d mentioned $2.76 a bar or $27.65 for a 10 pack. That is middle of the road cost for if you were to walk into your normal retailer store to pick one up. Quest Hero bar will be competitively priced, and will be a nice change of pace to the regual quest bars with an enhanced flavor and texture.