So my right knee has been getting swollen lately. Went to the orthopedist and he drained over 100 cc and gave me a cortisone shot. The swelling went down but about 4 weeks later its back on and off. I had an MRI and the ortho said my cartiledge under right side of patella is gone to the point of bone on bone, showing bone bruising. He also said my knee cap was not aligned properly. Dr. advised having at least petella realignment surgery and also cartridge replacement at the same time. He indicated that the realignment was at minimum necessary but could not say if that alone would be enough to take the stress off of the area where there was no cartiledge so that I could avoid cartiledge replacement and or a knee replacement down the road. He seemed to indicate it could help eliminate or avoid knee replacement but would give no guarantees. He did indicate that if I had the cartiledge replacement as well I could avoid knee replacement since my knee was otherwise in good shape. The recovery from realligment surgery is supposed to be relatively short and easy while recovery from cartiledge replacement could take a year before I'm back to full speed. Anyone have either or both of these surgeries? Are there alternatives which will allow me to eliminate the need for a knee replacement. If I do go with surgery should I go with just the reallignment or do both at the same time. As always, advise is greatly appreciated, thanks

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk