Default Olympia Thoughts & Questions

Bikini: Is this division going downhill? The top 5 was thin, unexceptional and the largely unknown. There's no variety in physiques. The best girls don't even compete anymore. There's zero continuity.

The Same Girl With Variations In Height
    SameGirl.JPG

Women's Physique: What happened to Dani Reardon (6th), Autumn Swansen (8th) and even Sheronica Henton (5th)? These women have the tools to be in the first callout with Juliana. Would Shanique Grant have won? She definitely would have beat Jennifer Taylor for 2nd, I know that much. Kira Nueman will be stuck in 4th place for another 12 months. Are Juliana Malacarne and Arash still dating? Would Juliana beat Arash in a posedown? I have her winning the front double and side chest. Ha.

Women's Fitness: How on God's green earth did Ariel Khadr finish 7th? How the hell did Ryall Graber (4th) beat Bethany Wagner (5th)? Also, Fiona Harris in 6th was in better condition than anyone. She was diced. Looks good on her.

Women's Figure: I had Candice Lewis winning for the 4th consecutive year. She's tall, long and freaky and has the perfect proportions and balance for the division. Watts is disproportional. Gillon is a running back. Dees was awesome and had saran-wrapped arms/shoulders like Bonac.

Men's Classic: How did Danny Hester (5th) beat Ruffin (6th) again? It was bad enough that he won last year, but he's still getting gifts. What happened to Robert Timms (14th) down from 6th last year? It's pretty funny, a horribly overmatched Sadik got 3rd last year, improved a lot this year and got 7th. He should have been 11th last year and improved to 7th this year. Breon Miles Ansley should now be a two-time champion. Congratulations to the rightful champion.

Men's 212: Did Ashkanani really beat Jose Raymond for 2nd? Mmmm...

Men's Open: Phil 7x Bubblegut Regressive Champion. Bonac was better than Ramy. Ramy was in better condition last year with Aceto but got a better placing this year. Maybe because he was flat in 2016 prejudging, maybe not. Curry was hanging with Dexter on Friday and the judges tossed him to the side on Saturday for no reason. Kai Greene would have won this show. He should have three Sandows by now. Michael Lockett in 16th (LAST PLACE) was definitely better than Williams, Jackson, Charles and Osladil.
    - BODYBUILDING -
    It's A Package Deal

RX MEMBER

Ed Pariso once said something I now take as gospel in judging: the judges slot you, & that tends to be your slot from then on unless you come in looking MUCH better or MUCH worse. At the top pro level, it's mostly the same judges anyway.

the more shows I go to bikini is all over the place. It seems like very show they are looking for different types of girls and different figures. Then some girls who do a string of shows will be placed all over the place. I knew a girl who did 4 shows in the span of 6 weeks and was ranged all the way from top 3 to not even getting a top 12-15 placing. It makes me scratch my head sometimes how there can be so much deviance from show to show and judging panel to panel.
    2013 & 2014 RX Member of the Year
    2014 RX Muscle September Member of the Month

RX MEMBER

A few random comments....

The current figure girls being rewarded aren't proportional. Waists too tiny and shoulders way to big. Quads also too big in some cases. I did appreciate that Cydneys quads were more proportional than the other two.I miss the Jenny Lynn days not to mention there was more consistency. I appreciate those physiques but the judges need to specify that's what they want.

Dani Reardon was a big disappointment. At her best she could have given Juliana a run for her money...but she was not at her best. Many of the physique girls were not.

Love the classic bodybuilding category.....not one thing wrong with it and placings were pretty much spot on in my opinion.

I don't follow fitness as it has become boring because it's the same people dominating. At least figure is highly competitive and could go any which way with the top girls. I could care less if they did away with the category .......and brought FBB back.

Bikini.....great bodies...no idea how they are judged. And the top 5 this year...ultra boring....they all look the same to me as well. I agree with the different heights comment. BO-RING. Plus it's the same suit pretty much.

With every category they should limit it to top 12 or 15...no more. Too many god damn competitors and some getting completely missed because of that. Even the Olympia has become all about money.

Love Sadiq wish he placed higher. A bit cocky though.

Bonac should have beat Ramy. Phil deserved to win but Bonac looked better than Ramy. Ramy can't nail his conditioning and his quads always look watery to me.

Mens physique is embarrassing simply because of the stupid shorts. It should be renamed mens 2/3 physique. Get some actual shorts and then judge. Buendia....what a boring champion. Can't wait to see him dethroned. He's quite boring in person when you talk to him. Easy on the eyes, boring on the brain.

212....I enjoy and the placings were fine. Jose Raymond looks near death though.

Quote Originally Posted by MusclePoppins View Post
    Bikini: Is this division going downhill? The top 5 was thin, unexceptional and the largely unknown. There's no variety in physiques. The best girls don't even compete anymore. There's zero continuity.

The Same Girl With Variations In Height
    SameGirl.JPG

Women's Physique: What happened to Dani Reardon (6th), Autumn Swansen (8th) and even Sheronica Henton (5th)? These women have the tools to be in the first callout with Juliana. Would Shanique Grant have won? She definitely would have beat Jennifer Taylor for 2nd, I know that much. Kira Nueman will be stuck in 4th place for another 12 months. Are Juliana Malacarne and Arash still dating? Would Juliana beat Arash in a posedown? I have her winning the front double and side chest. Ha.

Women's Fitness: How on God's green earth did Ariel Khadr finish 7th? How the hell did Ryall Graber (4th) beat Bethany Wagner (5th)? Also, Fiona Harris in 6th was in better condition than anyone. She was diced. Looks good on her.

Women's Figure: I had Candice Lewis winning for the 4th consecutive year. She's tall, long and freaky and has the perfect proportions and balance for the division. Watts is disproportional. Gillon is a running back. Dees was awesome and had saran-wrapped arms/shoulders like Bonac.

Men's Classic: How did Danny Hester (5th) beat Ruffin (6th) again? It was bad enough that he won last year, but he's still getting gifts. What happened to Robert Timms (14th) down from 6th last year? It's pretty funny, a horribly overmatched Sadik got 3rd last year, improved a lot this year and got 7th. He should have been 11th last year and improved to 7th this year. Breon Miles Ansley should now be a two-time champion. Congratulations to the rightful champion.

Men's 212: Did Ashkanani really beat Jose Raymond for 2nd? Mmmm...

Men's Open: Phil 7x Bubblegut Regressive Champion. Bonac was better than Ramy. Ramy was in better condition last year with Aceto but got a better placing this year. Maybe because he was flat in 2016 prejudging, maybe not. Curry was hanging with Dexter on Friday and the judges tossed him to the side on Saturday for no reason. Kai Greene would have won this show. He should have three Sandows by now. Michael Lockett in 16th (LAST PLACE) was definitely better than Williams, Jackson, Charles and Osladil.
    Going into WP Olympia, I thought Dani Reardon would repeat as second place. So, I was floored when she was knocked out of the Top Five.

Looking at competitors, had Shanique was able to compete, she definitely would have placed second. And, she would have been the automatic heir apparent/rival to Juliana. We will just have to see what she(Shanique) does at the ACF in 2018, if things go as she plans.

I also think Sheronica Henton should have placed higher. But, she did crack the Top 5. So, that makes her eligible for next year's Olympia. Kira Neuman is good. But, I would not have placed her in the Top 5. I would had put Dany Castilho in the Top 5(Juliana, S. Henton, H. Grace, D. Castilho, J. Taylor. My Top 5, in that order).

Jodi Boam placed 14th in WP Olympia(Former Fitness Olympian). She should had been in the Top 10.

LOL @ Cydney Gillon. I agree. I don't know why folks/judges think so highly of her. Her physique is not all that. Especially, compared to the more pleasing builds of Latorya and Candice. Ever since she appeared on those Survivor shows, her star/placings has been soaring.

Fitness should be an Olympic sport. I don't care about Classic Physique or 212. I care even less about Men's Bikini...ERRRRR....I mean, Men's Physique and Mr. Olympia is a joke.
    "What’s sauce for the gander is also sauce for the goose." - Unknown.