Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Rx Muscle Radio Programming Guru and Video Editing Director

Default ROBIN CHANG writes about the IFBB / IFBB PRO Rumors & Details!

Directly from his personal FaceBook Page:

Now that the 2017 Olympia Weekend is behind us, I want to take this opportunity to thank everyone for their support and address some of the rumors and lies that has been posted online.

The following are my opinions and in no way reflect those of the IFBB Professional League, the NPC and American Media, Inc.

* There is only ONE IFBB Professional League.

* The same IFBB Professional League that has sanctioned the Olympia Weekend and the Arnold Classics around the world the past 13 years.

* The same IFBB Professional League that has increased prize money for the athletes from $1.3 million in 2005 to $4.1 million in 2016

* The same IFBB Professional League that had 15 pro contests in 2005, and GREW THE SPORT to 108 pro contests worldwide in Asia, Australia, the Middle East, North America, South America, Africa and throughout Europe.

* The same IFBB Professional League with the sole authority to grant IFBB Professional League status to athletes and judges, and to sanction IFBB Professional League contests worldwide.

* The same IFBB Professional League that has helped hundreds of amateur athletes around the world turn pro, despite their National Federation’s effort to keep them as amateurs.

* The IFBB Professional League is the ONLY path to IFBB Pro status through its Pro Qualifiers. These Pro Qualifiers will be open to all amateur athletes from ANY organizations around the world. Amateur athletes are now free to compete wherever they wish without fear of penalty or suspension.

* The IFBB Professional League does NOT operate under an antiquated system with ridiculous rules, restrictions, and sanctions that no longer apply to the current competitive climate.

* The IFBB Professional League is NOT associated/affiliated with the IFBB, or its so-called “Elite Pro.”

Just as our founding fathers, Joe and Ben Weider entrusted me/AMI/David Pecker with the Olympia Weekend, they entrusted the IFBB Professional League and their legacy to Mr. Jim Manion.

Just a reminder...before the IFBB Professional League decided to separate itself from the IFBB, what did the IFBB offer their athletes? Ask yourself this, “ What is the IFBB offering you now WITHOUT the IFBB Professional League?"

This is an exciting time for ALL athletes involved in our beloved sport. Don’t let the lies and propaganda mislead you. If your dream is to turn professional and one day step on the Olympia stage, there’s only one choice, and that’s the IFBB PROFESSIONAL LEAGUE!

#MrOlympia #Olympia2017

RX MEMBER

Damn right.

OLYMPIAN

So for once the organisations are worried athletes might not join their organisation.

The penny is dropping........no athletes = no organisation.

Pathetic double standards as the organisations generally have little concern for the welfare and health of their athletes.

It seems AMI wants the whole ball of wax to itself and f'k the begrudgers.

Will Joe Weider's name appear in the the Olympia branding next year?

Will the dream Ben Weider had of a world wide organisation that he made reality be ripped apart?

RX MEMBER

Quote Originally Posted by Big Beat View Post
    So for once the organisations are worried athletes might not join their organisation.

The penny is dropping........no athletes = no organisation.

Pathetic double standards as the organisations generally have little concern for the welfare and health of their athletes.

It seems AMI wants the whole ball of wax to itself and f'k the begrudgers.

Will Joe Weider's name appear in the the Olympia branding next year?

Will the dream Ben Weider had of a world wide organisation that he made reality be ripped apart?
    Passive voice in the last statement I put into bold (be ripped apart) deletes the subject: by who? It looks to me like this parting of the ways was in the works for some time, & not just a result of what happened at the Olympia Weekend this year. However, as always, the IFBB/NPC never explains anything. We will be left to wonder, & have to judge for ourselves based on an outsider's view of what the insiders are doing, & why they're doing it.

For the record, Manion has been responsible for the professionalizing of thousands of competitors, when you count all categories getting pro cards now. Well over 100 are going pro at every national pro qualifier now in the States.

OLYMPIAN

Quote Originally Posted by hifrommike65 View Post
    Passive voice in the last statement I put into bold (be ripped apart) deletes the subject: by who? It looks to me like this parting of the ways was in the works for some time, & not just a result of what happened at the Olympia Weekend this year. However, as always, the IFBB/NPC never explains anything. We will be left to wonder, & have to judge for ourselves based on an outsider's view of what the insiders are doing, & why they're doing it.

For the record, Manion has been responsible for the professionalizing of thousands of competitors, when you count all categories getting pro cards now. Well over 100 are going pro at every national pro qualifier now in the States.

There is a distinction, Manion has made a lot of American bodybuilders professional. The latest AMI/Manion moves appear to have the aim of seizing control of world bodybuilding and to run it centrally from the United States. I thought the whole idea with the amateur IFBB was spreading bodybuilding around the world through many nations affiliating with the IFBB. Are AMI going to set up affiliated organisations in 178 countries around the world like the amateur IFBB? I can answer that.........NO!......Why?......because there is no money in it.

Managing Dir., Rx Muscle Forums Curt James's Avatar
    Big Jeff's Family Restaurant, 815 Fremont Ave, South Pasadena, CA

Will Joe Weider's name appear in the Olympia branding next year?
    What do you mean? I thought it was already named Joe Weider's Olympia Fitness & Performance Weekend.

OLYMPIAN

Quote Originally Posted by Curt James View Post
    What do you mean? I thought it was already named Joe Weider's Olympia Fitness & Performance Weekend.

My question is will it be called the AMI Mr Olympia.

My reason for saying this is AMI have jetisoned the amateur IFBB which was championed by Ben Weider.

What next erase Joe Weider from the Mr Olympia weekend.

If AMI walked from what Ben Weider was all about why won't they do the same to Joe?

There were several things that struck me this year when I got the Olympia. For starters, for the first time in as long as I can remember the official poster for the Olympia had no athletes on it, it was just a logo. Also during the finals it is tradition after they crown the Mr. O to bring out the champions for all the divisions and they didn't do that. They also didn't allow the top 5 to go into the audience for the posedown as the tradition . I think David Pecker has good intentions for the Mr. Olympia I don't expect Joe WIeders name to be removed.

RX MEMBER

The Weiders had no special interest in natural competition. They set a pro standard up that could not be natural. But Ben wanted in the Olympics more than anything, & he knew it would be tested. Hence the amateur IFBB for that end of things. But it fell through, despite his best efforts, & millions of dollars in wining & dining, favors, & financial contributions to IOC causes. There was no way to hide the non-natural pro side of it, & the IOC was not convinced that anything athletic was happening when people stood on a stage & posed.

Mr Chang knows only too well that the ONLY reason for an increase in the prize money and it's totals across all the classes is down to the AMI. Amazon helped last year a little. It's not for any other reason. Has he garnered sponsorship from elsewhere I'm unaware of? I know a few years back when he took over he did. You saw a bunch of promoters banners. And I'm sure there might still be small time (I didn't watch so if anyone knows jump in) sponsors of individual classes / places (and in 5th place the prize is presented by yada yada...) but the $400k Phil picked up is down to AMI right?
    06, 08, 09 and now 2010 British (4x) and 2008/2010 European Grip Champion (2x)

OLYMPIAN

AMI have had to file for bancruptcy in recent years. Nobody buys magazines anymore so now they want to make their money in bodybuilding. Expect an AMI supplement line out soon.

I'm still confused.

Does this mean, if a foreign(Outside the U.S. And North America) competitor wins a NPC show(Sunshine Classic, Emerald Cup, etc.). Are they eligible to compete in a Pro Qualifier show on U.S. Soil(NPC Nationals, NPC Jr. Nationals, IFBB North Americans, etc.)? Or, do they still have to compete in a Pro Qualifier show in their homeland?
    "What’s sauce for the gander is also sauce for the goose." - Unknown.

RX MEMBER

You must be a US citizen to compete for a pro card in the NPC. The only pro qualifier for the IFBB that isn't NPC is the IFBB North Americans, because it allows Canadian & Mexican citizens to compete in the open division. However, those athletes must have national qualification in the affiliated organization in their own country. Chang & Manion are inviting the affiliated national organizations that were competing in the IFBB abroad to now affiliate with their organization. If they do, they will likely be canned by the International IFBB.

Managing Dir., Rx Muscle Forums Curt James's Avatar
    Big Jeff's Family Restaurant, 815 Fremont Ave, South Pasadena, CA

I'm curious how things will work. Both sides of this battle will continue. So we have two separate organizations with IFBB in their titles? I mean, Santoja isn't going to just fold up his chair and go home. Or does this spell the end for IFBB Amateur?

IFBB PRO BODYBUILDER & National Champ Powerlifter fitbody's Avatar

There is a distinction, Manion has made a lot of American bodybuilders professional. The latest AMI/Manion moves appear to have the aim of seizing control of world bodybuilding and to run it centrally from the United States. I thought the whole idea with the amateur IFBB was spreading bodybuilding around the world through many nations affiliating with the IFBB. Are AMI going to set up affiliated organisations in 178 countries around the world like the amateur IFBB? I can answer that.........NO!......Why?......because there is no money in it.
    why wouldn't there be any money in it?
    im in Canada
    so you have a Canada NPC
    you charge memberships
    you have shows
    just like they do now here in Canada
    just like they do now in the NPC
    so why wouldn't there be any money in it ?
    obviously a percentage would go to the parent company
    obvioudly some would need to stay in the country it was running out of to run it

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast