Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    IFBB PRO BODYBUILDER & National Champ Powerlifter fitbody's Avatar

correcting above post and i went over 5 mins editing it

Quote Originally Posted by Big Beat View Post
    There is a distinction, Manion has made a lot of American bodybuilders professional. The latest AMI/Manion moves appear to have the aim of seizing control of world bodybuilding and to run it centrally from the United States. I thought the whole idea with the amateur IFBB was spreading bodybuilding around the world through many nations affiliating with the IFBB. Are AMI going to set up affiliated organisations in 178 countries around the world like the amateur IFBB? I can answer that.........NO!......Why?......because there is no money in it.
    why wouldn't there be any money in it?
    im in Canada
    so you have a Canada NPC
    you charge memberships
    you have shows
    just like they do now here in Canada
    just like they do now in the NPC
    so why wouldn't there be any money in it ?
    obviously a percentage would go to the parent company
    obvioudly some would need to stay in the country it was running out of to run it

FURTHER MORE........

not to mention all those countries around the world who have been holding so many athletes back from becoming in IFBB PRO
    now more DESERVING ATHLETES FROM AROUND THE WORLD would become an IFBB PRO
    and so there's more money for IFBB

i dont' think AMERICANS REALIZE who it is outside of the US
    how few people get in the IFBB PRO LEAGUE VIA IFBB AMATEUR LEAGUE
    and that the IFBB AMATEUR LEAGUE WAS THE ONLY AVENUE THEY COULD EVEN GET THERE
    and that the IFBB AMATEUR LEAGUE WORLD CHAMPIONSHIPS that give IFBB PRO CARDS is DRUG TESTED !!!!!!!!!!!!
    all our Canadian athletes have to go thru a drug tested stream to get there and a handful of athletes a yr make it to the world champs
    and don't recall ANY getting a PRO CARD there
    do you know there's one 1 show a year a non drug TESTED SHOW a year in Canada for Canadians to get an IFBB PRO CARD AT ?
    do you know there's 2 max pro cards given to Open Athletes in Canada
    so just over 20 cards a year given out to Canadians
    crazy
    of course we can go to the Arnolds, North Americans, Weider Cups to compete with the Americans and the rest of the world

most of the rest of the worlds greart athletes are being held back from even getting an IFBB PRO CARD

so this is the greatest thing that could happen to most of the worlds athletes in most of our eyes

Last edited by fitbody; 09-22-2017 at 07:35 AM.

I think the answer is going to be... follow the money.
    06, 08, 09 and now 2010 British (4x) and 2008/2010 European Grip Champion (2x)

OLYMPIAN

Quote Originally Posted by fitbody View Post
    correcting above post and i went over 5 mins editing it

why wouldn't there be any money in it?
    im in Canada
    so you have a Canada NPC
    you charge memberships
    you have shows
    just like they do now here in Canada
    just like they do now in the NPC
    so why wouldn't there be any money in it ?
    obviously a percentage would go to the parent company
    obvioudly some would need to stay in the country it was running out of to run it

FURTHER MORE........

not to mention all those countries around the world who have been holding so many athletes back from becoming in IFBB PRO
    now more DESERVING ATHLETES FROM AROUND THE WORLD would become an IFBB PRO
    and so there's more money for IFBB

i dont' think AMERICANS REALIZE who it is outside of the US
    how few people get in the IFBB PRO LEAGUE VIA IFBB AMATEUR LEAGUE
    and that the IFBB AMATEUR LEAGUE WAS THE ONLY AVENUE THEY COULD EVEN GET THERE
    and that the IFBB AMATEUR LEAGUE WORLD CHAMPIONSHIPS that give IFBB PRO CARDS is DRUG TESTED !!!!!!!!!!!!
    all our Canadian athletes have to go thru a drug tested stream to get there and a handful of athletes a yr make it to the world champs
    and don't recall ANY getting a PRO CARD there
    do you know there's one 1 show a year a non drug TESTED SHOW a year in Canada for Canadians to get an IFBB PRO CARD AT ?
    do you know there's 2 max pro cards given to Open Athletes in Canada
    so just over 20 cards a year given out to Canadians
    crazy
    of course we can go to the Arnolds, North Americans, Weider Cups to compete with the Americans and the rest of the world

most of the rest of the worlds greart athletes are being held back from even getting an IFBB PRO CARD

so this is the greatest thing that could happen to most of the worlds athletes in most of our eyes

I see your response as a bit Canada'centric.

How do the AMI/Manion proposals work in all the smaler nations and 2nd and 3rd world countries?

Is it a case of AMI saying 'we can't make money in a lot of the IFBB affiliated countries so f'k em. Lets go to Canada there is plenty of money to be made there by flooding the place with pro cards'.

I remember a time when only guys who could compete on the Olympia stage won pro cards. I don't think having more pro cards in recent times has improved the quality of the competitors on the Olympia stage.

I'm just saying there are different ways to look at this. You are obviously going with Robert Chang and his spokesman Bob Chic as maybe this suits you personally. That doesn't mean this thing will suit everybody, we have to see how it plays out.
    Last edited by Big Beat; 09-22-2017 at 09:23 AM.

RX MEMBER

I'm getting the sense that some people think this whole thing was orchestrated by Manion. I don't believe that's the case. Manion was reacting to what Santonja did. Manion wasn't asking him to put the IFBB Pro League/NPC under investigation. Without Ben Weider, the Amateur IFBB would never have existed. This is like a child challenging a parent in court. The parent can cut ties too, & Manion did.

As for pro cards, it has not hurt pro competition that more have qualified than can ever compete. The best are still going to do the best at shows. If more bodybuilding pro cards are available untested internationally, we will have deeper pro lineups. Over 25 years ago, Matt Mendenhall had to leave bodybuilding because he couldn't get a pro card, even though he clearly deserved one. It's still like that in countries like Canada. I say bring more pro cards on for IFBB Pro League qualifications internationally. & if the Amateur IFBB thinks it can sanction a pro division with tested athletes, I predict that will crash & burn.

(P.S. Let's see if Arnold's Spain show can run Santonja out of business with Spanish athletes.)
    Last edited by hifrommike65; 09-22-2017 at 12:44 PM.

OLYMPIAN

It would seem that this split has been brewing for a while. Look at the speed at which the Pro League announced there would be a pro qualifier in London and got a poster out.

AMI want to control all IFBB bodybuilding amateur and professional. This looks for all the world like a business power play. A money grab.

RX MEMBER

OLYMPIAN

So the IFBB Pro League is only planning pro qualifiers at their pro events. These will be big amature shows. Will there be stepping stone shows to the likes of an Amateur Olympia or can just about anyone show up?

If there is no qualifier for the Amateur Olympia it could get messy with head cases turning up to compete, we've all seen them before at local shows.

My underlying point is still who runs the local, area, national shows outside the US? Looks like it will still be IFBB Amateur, NABBA etc...

IFBB PRO BODYBUILDER & National Champ Powerlifter fitbody's Avatar

I see your response as a bit Canada'centric.

How do the AMI/Manion proposals work in all the smaler nations and 2nd and 3rd world countries?

Is it a case of AMI saying 'we can't make money in a lot of the IFBB affiliated countries so f'k em. Lets go to Canada there is plenty of money to be made there by flooding the place with pro cards'.

I remember a time when only guys who could compete on the Olympia stage won pro cards. I don't think having more pro cards in recent times has improved the quality of the competitors on the Olympia stage.

I'm just saying there are different ways to look at this. You are obviously going with Robert Chang and his spokesman Bob Chic as maybe this suits you personally. That doesn't mean this thing will suit everybody, we have to see how it plays out.
    doesn't suit me personally i got my IFBB PRO CARD JULY 2107 it doesn't directly affect me anymore, who it affects is the Canadians and athletes around the world who deserve but don't have one and haven't been able to get one

My question is will it be called the AMI Mr Olympia.

My reason for saying this is AMI have jetisoned the amateur IFBB which was championed by Ben Weider.

What next erase Joe Weider from the Mr Olympia weekend.

If AMI walked from what Ben Weider was all about why won't they do the same to Joe?
    Why do you keep mentioning AMI, when in reality, they have nothing to do with whats going on. ?

OLYMPIAN

Quote Originally Posted by chick View Post
    Why do you keep mentioning AMI, when in reality, they have nothing to do with whats going on. ?

Did AMI not effectively replace Joe Weider. They own his magazines they own the Mr Olympia?

Will AMI promote professional bodybuilding outside the Olympia?

AMI's future depends on professional bodybuilding, whats going on has everything to do with them.

Follow the the money and all will be revealed.

Did AMI not effectively replace Joe Weider. They own his magazines they own the Mr Olympia?

Will AMI promote professional bodybuilding outside the Olympia?

AMI's future depends on professional bodybuilding, whats going on has everything to do with them.

Follow the the money and all will be revealed.
    lol...pretty much just writing your own story.

Yes, AMI bought the publications from Weider 12 years ago

AMI only promotes the Olympia and Amateur Olympia titles. They have no connection to any other Pro league show.

The Olympia will always be the Olympia...they don't need any help getting competitors

The "money" in this case, doesn't have AMI attached to it.

I know....this is far less interesting than the made up stuff and rumors and misinformation thats certainly makes for a juicier storyline.

OLYMPIAN

lol...pretty much just writing your own story.

Yes, AMI bought the publications from Weider 12 years ago

AMI only promotes the Olympia and Amateur Olympia titles. They have no connection to any other Pro league show.

The Olympia will always be the Olympia...they don't need any help getting competitors

The "money" in this case, doesn't have AMI attached to it.

I know....this is far less interesting than the made up stuff and rumors and misinformation thats certainly makes for a juicier storyline.

AMI have an significant interest in pro bodybuilding. Why else in Robert Chang making the kind of comments quoted in the post that started this thread.

Robert Chang for a guy who has nothing to do with the Pro League or the IFBB Amateur sure is doing a lot of talking, see below. If I was Jim Manion I'd tell him Mr Chang to keep his nose out...lol.

We're all big boys now Bob, we been around business long enough to know what's what.

Directly from his Robert Chang's FaceBook Page:

Now that the 2017 Olympia Weekend is behind us, I want to take this opportunity to thank everyone for their support and address some of the rumors and lies that has been posted online.

The following are my opinions and in no way reflect those of the IFBB Professional League, the NPC and American Media, Inc.

* There is only ONE IFBB Professional League.

* The same IFBB Professional League that has sanctioned the Olympia Weekend and the Arnold Classics around the world the past 13 years.

* The same IFBB Professional League that has increased prize money for the athletes from $1.3 million in 2005 to $4.1 million in 2016

* The same IFBB Professional League that had 15 pro contests in 2005, and GREW THE SPORT to 108 pro contests worldwide in Asia, Australia, the Middle East, North America, South America, Africa and throughout Europe.

* The same IFBB Professional League with the sole authority to grant IFBB Professional League status to athletes and judges, and to sanction IFBB Professional League contests worldwide.

* The same IFBB Professional League that has helped hundreds of amateur athletes around the world turn pro, despite their National Federation’s effort to keep them as amateurs.

* The IFBB Professional League is the ONLY path to IFBB Pro status through its Pro Qualifiers. These Pro Qualifiers will be open to all amateur athletes from ANY organizations around the world. Amateur athletes are now free to compete wherever they wish without fear of penalty or suspension.

* The IFBB Professional League does NOT operate under an antiquated system with ridiculous rules, restrictions, and sanctions that no longer apply to the current competitive climate.

* The IFBB Professional League is NOT associated/affiliated with the IFBB, or its so-called “Elite Pro.”

Just as our founding fathers, Joe and Ben Weider entrusted me/AMI/David Pecker with the Olympia Weekend, they entrusted the IFBB Professional League and their legacy to Mr. Jim Manion.

Just a reminder...before the IFBB Professional League decided to separate itself from the IFBB, what did the IFBB offer their athletes? Ask yourself this, “ What is the IFBB offering you now WITHOUT the IFBB Professional League?"

This is an exciting time for ALL athletes involved in our beloved sport. Don’t let the lies and propaganda mislead you. If your dream is to turn professional and one day step on the Olympia stage, there’s only one choice, and that’s the IFBB PROFESSIONAL LEAGUE!

OLYMPIAN

Robin not Robert

AMI have an significant interest in pro bodybuilding. Why else in Robert Chang making the kind of comments quoted in the post that started this thread.

Robert Chang for a guy who has nothing to do with the Pro League or the IFBB Amateur sure is doing a lot of talking, see below. If I was Jim Manion I'd tell him Mr Chang to keep his nose out...lol.

We're all big boys now Bob, we been around business long enough to know what's what.

Directly from his Robert Chang's FaceBook Page:

Now that the 2017 Olympia Weekend is behind us, I want to take this opportunity to thank everyone for their support and address some of the rumors and lies that has been posted online.

The following are my opinions and in no way reflect those of the IFBB Professional League, the NPC and American Media, Inc.

* There is only ONE IFBB Professional League.

* The same IFBB Professional League that has sanctioned the Olympia Weekend and the Arnold Classics around the world the past 13 years.

* The same IFBB Professional League that has increased prize money for the athletes from $1.3 million in 2005 to $4.1 million in 2016

* The same IFBB Professional League that had 15 pro contests in 2005, and GREW THE SPORT to 108 pro contests worldwide in Asia, Australia, the Middle East, North America, South America, Africa and throughout Europe.

* The same IFBB Professional League with the sole authority to grant IFBB Professional League status to athletes and judges, and to sanction IFBB Professional League contests worldwide.

* The same IFBB Professional League that has helped hundreds of amateur athletes around the world turn pro, despite their National Federation’s effort to keep them as amateurs.

* The IFBB Professional League is the ONLY path to IFBB Pro status through its Pro Qualifiers. These Pro Qualifiers will be open to all amateur athletes from ANY organizations around the world. Amateur athletes are now free to compete wherever they wish without fear of penalty or suspension.

* The IFBB Professional League does NOT operate under an antiquated system with ridiculous rules, restrictions, and sanctions that no longer apply to the current competitive climate.

* The IFBB Professional League is NOT associated/affiliated with the IFBB, or its so-called “Elite Pro.”

Just as our founding fathers, Joe and Ben Weider entrusted me/AMI/David Pecker with the Olympia Weekend, they entrusted the IFBB Professional League and their legacy to Mr. Jim Manion.

Just a reminder...before the IFBB Professional League decided to separate itself from the IFBB, what did the IFBB offer their athletes? Ask yourself this, “ What is the IFBB offering you now WITHOUT the IFBB Professional League?"

This is an exciting time for ALL athletes involved in our beloved sport. Don’t let the lies and propaganda mislead you. If your dream is to turn professional and one day step on the Olympia stage, there’s only one choice, and that’s the IFBB PROFESSIONAL LEAGUE!

No one ever said Robin Chang had nothing to do with the IFBB Pro League....just the opposite ectually. He's also in charge of International Business for the Pro League.

By ASSUMING you know what you're talking about...you make statements like these, which only muddy the waters for others who read inaccurate posts like yours.

What Robin posted, are FACTS pertaining to the Pro league and the Olympia as well.

If you've been around for a while , as you claim...then you should know better than to guess and assume. If you have a question, or need clarification...ASK.

Managing Dir., Rx Muscle Forums Curt James's Avatar
    Big Jeff's Family Restaurant, 815 Fremont Ave, South Pasadena, CA

If you've been around for a while , as you claim...then you should know better than to guess and assume. If you have a question, or need clarification...ASK.
    Welcome to Earth, where humans guess and assume.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast