Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by Big Beat View Post
    I read a few more of Chic's utterances.......what a sanctimonious prick!

Lily white Chic never broke a rule in his life...........what about buying and using illegal ped's?

You said it. It really gets to me how he is trying to show Dave in a bad light.
    In my opinion Dave has done more good for the sport of bodybuilding than those two (clowns) together and by no means deserves this level of disrespect. So that's why I really hope he makes a response!
    Last edited by Fella Finn; 11-22-2017 at 01:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fella Finn View Post
    You said it. It really gets to me how he is trying to show Dave in a bad light.
    I guarantee you Bob Chic will read this. He lurks here but he won't give an honest answer. He has to be politically correct just like he was when I questioned a previous contest's results. He's looking out for himself and nobody else. He's a major contributor to the joke that is "bodybuilding contests". His baiting and instigating at the press conference before the olympia is his shining moment every year and it's a complete waste of time.
    "Bro...I was there for the whole thing. Trust me , there was nothing "fishy. Just Palumbo being Palumbo...as always."
    Why don't you explain this quote Bob? Huh Bro? What is it you're trying to say?
    Stop being just another gasbag with nothing positive to contribute.
    I used to be so excited for every contest. Now I couldn't give a rats ass about any of them.
    I'll say it again..what an embarrassment!!

RX MEMBER

I use the Hollywood philosophy about long-held resentments: it's a good thing to have a short memory. You may have to get in bed with someone who did you dirt.
    Last edited by hifrommike65; 11-22-2017 at 06:54 PM.

RxTV Station Manager

I've read some of the comments made on the other board, and, it's honestly pathetic.

I love how the "rules are rules" mantra is conveniently applied here when its yet another opportunity to gang up and circle-jerk/bash Dave (...again). Dave was told point-blank that he had to "leave the arena" in order to do interviews, yet MD's interviews are clearly inside the arena (unless competitors walk semi-nude through the halls of the host hotel), but of course, rules are rules.

Let's not even get started on the media restrictions. I come from a mainstream sports background, and have been granted full access to the US Open, NBA, NHL, and MLB games and events despite not being a "professional reporter" - because these events want publicity and exposure. I fail to understand why media policies are as restrictive as they are in this sport, but, rules are rules! I laugh at how vigorously the MD crowd is defending these archaic policies as if its some sworn-upon obligation of theirs.

As for Duque, I mean seriously where do I even begin? I wasted 20+ min of my life (that I'll never get back) watching his "show" - which was 14-minutes of Palumbo bashing, 3-4 minutes of Aceto bashind (because of course, if not Dave, let's now get at Aceto), and 4-5 min of ass-kissing Luimarco (despite admitting having been blocked by him), top prep coaches, and every other bb journalist "who follow the rules."

It amazes me how obsessed with Dave that entire MD crowd is. They point to forum numbers as their perceived dominance over RXMuscle, yes, forum posts - like it's 1999. The kicker? Someone accusing us of using bots to inflate our YouTube numbers (when someone pointed out how lopsided our view count was vs theirs).

I'm really disappointed in some "industry veterans" there because they completely unload on Dave on an online forum, yet, next time they see him at the Arnold - it'll be all "oh hey Dave, hey buddy." To accuse Dave of "only doing this for money" is such garbage. Look at our views from previous years' NPC winner interviews; spoiler alert - they don't exactly fry YouTube's servers.

There's a reason we get all these interviews with athletes (NPC, IFBB, etc); because they know damn well that Dave gives a sh** about them as bodybuilders.

I can go on, but, not worth it.

post removed
    Last edited by CI; 11-23-2017 at 01:08 AM.

OLYMPIAN

Quote Originally Posted by SidFar View Post
    I've read some of the comments made on the other board, and, it's honestly pathetic.

I love how the "rules are rules" mantra is conveniently applied here when its yet another opportunity to gang up and circle-jerk/bash Dave (...again). Dave was told point-blank that he had to "leave the arena" in order to do interviews, yet MD's interviews are clearly inside the arena (unless competitors walk semi-nude through the halls of the host hotel), but of course, rules are rules.

Let's not even get started on the media restrictions. I come from a mainstream sports background, and have been granted full access to the US Open, NBA, NHL, and MLB games and events despite not being a "professional reporter" - because these events want publicity and exposure. I fail to understand why media policies are as restrictive as they are in this sport, but, rules are rules! I laugh at how vigorously the MD crowd is defending these archaic policies as if its some sworn-upon obligation of theirs.

As for Duque, I mean seriously where do I even begin? I wasted 20+ min of my life (that I'll never get back) watching his "show" - which was 14-minutes of Palumbo bashing, 3-4 minutes of Aceto bashind (because of course, if not Dave, let's now get at Aceto), and 4-5 min of ass-kissing Luimarco (despite admitting having been blocked by him), top prep coaches, and every other bb journalist "who follow the rules."

It amazes me how obsessed with Dave that entire MD crowd is. They point to forum numbers as their perceived dominance over RXMuscle, yes, forum posts - like it's 1999. The kicker? Someone accusing us of using bots to inflate our YouTube numbers (when someone pointed out how lopsided our view count was vs theirs).

I'm really disappointed in some "industry veterans" there because they completely unload on Dave on an online forum, yet, next time they see him at the Arnold - it'll be all "oh hey Dave, hey buddy." To accuse Dave of "only doing this for money" is such garbage. Look at our views from previous years' NPC winner interviews; spoiler alert - they don't exactly fry YouTube's servers.

There's a reason we get all these interviews with athletes (NPC, IFBB, etc); because they know damn well that Dave gives a sh** about them as bodybuilders.

I can go on, but, not worth it.

I don't know how important it is for a journalist to be 'caring' about their subject as they are there to report the facts and put out good content. One thing is clear though and that is Dave does the best athlete interviews in bodybuilding and is brave enough to ask the questions that the fans are interested in hearing about. The athletes open up with Dave because they know Dave gives them a fair interview that will be interesting to fans.

The other and main reason athletes talk to Dave is because they know his interviews are heavily viewed in the world of bodybuilding. The reason Dave's interviews are viewed so much is because they are damn good pure and simple. That's the truth whether MD like it or not.

All I hear from Duque is jealousy.

All I hear from Chic is Dave bashing because he thinks it keeps him closer to the Nationals promotor and it is shielding the NPC from the oh so wicked DaveP. The reality is Jim Manion is a big boy and doesn't need Chic doing his talking for him.

With Ron it is the RX v MD rivalry, I have less of a problem with this as it cuts both ways. Some of the MD guys who make money from bodybuilding are piling in for the same reasons as Chic.

Chic has an agenda always, the fact he is portraying himself now as some kind of purveyor of truth is as comical as his very false speaking voice.

RX MEMBER

Sounds like we have the next installment of iron debate with Dave vs Chic. This one would actually be a debate. Make it happen and let's get to the real truth.....it will be fun.

Quote Originally Posted by SidFar View Post
    Wow, I can't understand how you actually managed to get through the entire video. I mean, seriously, that dude is so utterly annoying that I honestly had no other choice but to call it a day after first few minutes
    Well, now that I've read your post I couldn't be any happier for the fact I didn't make it to the very end

Anyways, thanks for great post Sid and have a great day!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123