Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    RX MEMBER

I am willing to assume everything you say is true. Con artists get people to do things of their own free will. However, they have the ability to change their minds, & sometimes they do. Let's say they conned him into murdering someone. Are they responsible, or is he? In a court of law, he would still be the person charged. As for collusion, the only substantial mags left are the Weider ones published by AMC, so they would be in collusion w/ themselves, if anything. As for prep coaches, exactly who are you referring to? Guru trainers/nutritionists, hired by the competitor? Or someone else? Are they below the radar, or people we've heard of? As for voyeurs, can you vouch for everyone? Do you know everyone?

Quote Originally Posted by Big Beat View Post
    Top pro's always lie about their dosages. With Dallas' autopsy we got the truth.

Ronnie under Chad would have been leading the pack of pro's in the massive amount of gear he was taking.

As sure as night follows day top pro's continually tell lies. Most were skinny light boned guys who reacted well to chemicals and had good lines when they developed muscle.
    I don't see it that way. I've been around with, trained with and had the back and forth on roids with world class strongmen. Do some use a lot? Sure. But others don't. I've said before that one close buddy got to the WSM stage clean / natural. When he made the finals (so top 10) he was using less than I did doing what I do and that was when I do my highest level and I was still under a gram a week. That cycle saw me at my heaviest of 299.6lbs. My buddy weighed 308lbs (soft mind but he was athletic at that weight) when he was 16.

Guys LOVE the idea of excusing their genetics and ability to work hard by saying 'X is only bigger cos he uses more'.

Put it another way - let's agree that Dallas used a lot. He's dead. Ergo using a lot isn't a good idea. And he isn't a dead Mr O. We've also got Kevin L AND FlexW BOTH say they KNOW that Ronnie was world class before using ANY gear. You've had 6x Olympia LAUGH at the cycles others said he did vs what he says he did.
    06, 08, 09 and now 2010 British (4x) and 2008/2010 European Grip Champion (2x)

OLYMPIAN

I always thought strongmen took more because they are so much bigger than bodybuilders. Strongmen also don't tend to be the light boned, small jointed, skinny guys like most bodybuilders. Most bodybuiders disappear to nothing when they give up the juice. Geoff Capes was a big man before he ever did strongman. To me bodybuilding and strongmen are not compararable activities when it comes to the physiques of the respective competitors. The drugs are also used for different reasons strength/athleticism Vs muscle for muscles sakes.

As to what people say they use my experience is guys lie about how much they use. I knew a guy many years ago who sold gear, he knew exactly what fellas were taking and he laughed when he heard the same guys claim they were on small amounts. From my experience steroids and lies go hand in hand.

The thread is about the crazy shit that is going on out there. There are plenty of references to guys doing insane amounts not just Dallas.

It's 50% what you say and 50% me. I had a former BSM/Highland Games athlete over to mine a few days ago. I wont say his name but he weighed 304lbs at 6'5". He's older than me (57 or 58 I think). We had the 'roid chat' and he mentioned one well known WSM former competitor rolling out what looked like a women's make up kit which was, instead, filled with this and that gear to take. That same person said 'we'll pay for it later on' and is now getting treatment for the effects.

The buddy I mentioned earlier along with Terry Holland and Eddie Hall was county standard in his chosen sports as a junior. Kung Fu, Table Tennis and even an under 18 county Rugby player. Terry Holland left school weighing 230+lbs. Eddie still has national records in swimming. Terry has a 10-inch wrist. Gear or not these guys were big and strong THEN added gear in.

Where you're correct is the guys who were not. You can google the name of one fella coached by Geoff Capes who paramedics had to work on for an hour when he 'died' (aged 21) on the floor at an event I was being paid to work at. Other Capes athletes failed their IOC drug tests.

Genetics plays two roles in top fellas. One is that you have a HUGE advantage before you start if you're like the 10-inch wristed, 300+, 6'+ guys I've mentioned. Ditto how well you will respond to the gear when you go on. If, as you say, you're more average then it almost makes sense to bang in the 5g plus they use to try and make up the difference. However, your career (if you have one) is that much shorter cos of it. Using Phil H as an example - a muscular basketball player before he took up BB. The same is true of Brian Shaw - a hefty B/Ball player before he took up strongman. Terry H again, played for London Harlequins (Rugby) before strongman.

Do idiots use crazy amounts? Sure. Do they need to? No. Does it equal out their lack of genetics? No. Does it fuck them up? Yes. Should they then be encouraged by reading that a fellow moron took 11g, 12g, 13g and won something today only for us to have seen such stupidity before and know the names of the guys who died and or needed treatment for such extremes of use? No. Heck when two the 'faces' who made their names on their excessive use (Bostin L and brit Dave Crosland) say 5g+ is silly having been silly we don't needs to find more examples to prove how silly people are.
    06, 08, 09 and now 2010 British (4x) and 2008/2010 European Grip Champion (2x)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12