Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 21
  1. #1
    RX MEMBER
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    9,954
    Rep Power
    2147933

    Exclamation Masters Nats Eligibility!

    https://garyudit.com/new/2018-teen-c...ers-nationals/

    Gary Udit has established a new requirement for eligibility for the Teen, Collegiate, and Masters Nationals this year:

    HOW TO QUALIFY

    Competitors must have competed in any NPC competition after January 1, 2017.

    ****

    Formerly, you had to have competed in any NPC competition at any time in the past. Now, you have to have competed fairly recently.

  2. #2
    OLYMPIAN Getnbig's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    111
    Rep Power
    2147603

    Default

    Yes this is confirmed

    Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

  3. #3
    OLYMPIAN CHILDOFGOD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    MIAMI, FL
    Posts
    4,687
    Rep Power
    2147739

    Default

    SO that means even if a person Qs at NAT Q show, in the open , can do Masters Nats?
    MY LORD OF LORDS!!!

  4. #4
    RX MEMBER
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    9,954
    Rep Power
    2147933

    Default

    You only have to have been in an NPC show since January 2017, any show, & place at any level, to do the Masters Nationals. If you do qualify at a national qualifier, you can also do the open national shows (Junior USA, Junior Nationals, Universe, USA, North Americans & Nationals).

  5. #5
    OLYMPIAN CHILDOFGOD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    MIAMI, FL
    Posts
    4,687
    Rep Power
    2147739

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hifrommike65 View Post
    You only have to have been in an NPC show since January 2017, any show, & place at any level, to do the Masters Nationals. If you do qualify at a national qualifier, you can also do the open national shows (Junior USA, Junior Nationals, Universe, USA, North Americans & Nationals).
    i thought so, thx Mike
    MY LORD OF LORDS!!!

  6. #6
    RESURRECTED! AnglicanBeachParty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Detroit (Motor City) USA
    Posts
    2,573
    Rep Power
    1060351

    Default

    That's kind of a kick in the teeth, to be honest.

    I emailed Gary Udit about this topic last year (because I plan to do the 2018 Masters National), and he said ... "You've competed in the NPC before; you're all set."

    Now I guess I'm not all set.

    So, let's say I compete in a local contest 2 weeks before Masters Nationals ... how do I prove to them that I competed? What do I bring to sign-in to verify that I've competed in 2017?

  7. #7
    OLYMPIAN CHILDOFGOD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    MIAMI, FL
    Posts
    4,687
    Rep Power
    2147739

    Default

    well, again , if u have competed in the NPC, since '17, i guess u r set, like Gary said., i've done many NPC show and placed 2nd and was ale to compete in NATS, and i can still do NATS this year, due that i Qu., last year from a show i did back in last year. now if i want to do NATS next year, i must compete next year or later this year to Qu, for NATS. does this help?
    MY LORD OF LORDS!!!

  8. #8
    RESURRECTED! AnglicanBeachParty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Detroit (Motor City) USA
    Posts
    2,573
    Rep Power
    1060351

    Default

    Unfortunately, my last NPC contest was in 2015. So I will have to re-qualify.

    Quote Originally Posted by CHILDOFGOD View Post
    well, again , if u have competed in the NPC, since '17, i guess u r set, like Gary said., i've done many NPC show and placed 2nd and was ale to compete in NATS, and i can still do NATS this year, due that i Qu., last year from a show i did back in last year. now if i want to do NATS next year, i must compete next year or later this year to Qu, for NATS. does this help?

  9. #9
    RX MEMBER
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    9,954
    Rep Power
    2147933

    Default

    I recommend that you contact Gary Udit. He's good at getting back to people quickly, & he will advise you.

  10. #10
    RESURRECTED! AnglicanBeachParty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Detroit (Motor City) USA
    Posts
    2,573
    Rep Power
    1060351

    Default

    Thanks ... I did write Gary an email.

    Maybe you can help with one thing, though: I'm planning to compete 2 weeks before the Masters Nationals. When I get to check-in at Pittsburgh, how do I prove that I competed?


    Quote Originally Posted by hifrommike65 View Post
    I recommend that you contact Gary Udit. He's good at getting back to people quickly, & he will advise you.

  11. #11
    RX MEMBER
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    9,954
    Rep Power
    2147933

    Default

    https://garyudit.com/new/2018-teen-c...tionals-entry/

    The entry application has a section on eligibility.

    NATIONAL EVENTS: Please list your QUALIFYING CONTEST (last contest you competed in)

    Where was your eligibility attained? Include the CITY and STATE please.

    [Presumably you can list an upcoming show, just explain your plans to compete & I'm sure Gary will handle it.]

  12. #12
    RESURRECTED! AnglicanBeachParty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Detroit (Motor City) USA
    Posts
    2,573
    Rep Power
    1060351

    Default

    Thanks very much!

    I already had submitted my entry before this new eligibility rule was announced. So, I listed my last contest, which was in 2015. My entry was accepted, and nobody said anything about me not being eligible. They too my money ... LOL.

    Anyhow, I will go back and see if I am able to modify my entry somehow.

    Thanks again!

    Quote Originally Posted by hifrommike65 View Post
    https://garyudit.com/new/2018-teen-c...tionals-entry/

    The entry application has a section on eligibility.

    NATIONAL EVENTS: Please list your QUALIFYING CONTEST (last contest you competed in)

    Where was your eligibility attained? Include the CITY and STATE please.

    [Presumably you can list an upcoming show, just explain your plans to compete & I'm sure Gary will handle it.]

  13. #13
    OLYMPIAN CHILDOFGOD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    MIAMI, FL
    Posts
    4,687
    Rep Power
    2147739

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AnglicanBeachParty View Post
    Thanks very much!

    I already had submitted my entry before this new eligibility rule was announced. So, I listed my last contest, which was in 2015. My entry was accepted, and nobody said anything about me not being eligible. They too my money ... LOL.

    Anyhow, I will go back and see if I am able to modify my entry somehow.

    Thanks again!
    have fun young man
    MY LORD OF LORDS!!!

  14. #14
    RESURRECTED! AnglicanBeachParty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Detroit (Motor City) USA
    Posts
    2,573
    Rep Power
    1060351

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CHILDOFGOD View Post
    have fun young man
    Thanks! I will!

  15. #15
    OLYMPIAN Getnbig's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    111
    Rep Power
    2147603

    Default

    Six weeks before show. Who's competing this year,?

    Sent from my CLT-L29 using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •