Page 1 of 32 12311 ... LastLast
    AVBG

Cool The 2 x Natural Mr Olympia - Kiyoshi Moody Q&A Thread

Welcome aboard Kiyoshi!

Let me be the first to get the ball rolling..

Q. How's the prep going for the US & TU?
    Q. Have you started dieting?
    Q. What weight and BF level will you be starting at?
    Q. What are some common mistakes made by our natural bros/sisters when preparing for a show?

I just want to Thank everyone for coming to RXMuscle. Lets try and make this site very informative where we can all learn from everyone.

Q. How's the prep going for the US & TU?

As of this year, this is the first time in many years that I'm actually holding on to weight. In the past my weight usually drops. But right now I've been kinda sticking to a pretty good program even though it does get expensive at times. My meals are in the 8 to 10 range. So I'm progressing each day. At the same time I'm getting pretty excited and nervous for the USA's since this will be my first crack at it. I've always gone to watch the USA's and always thought to myself oneday when I'm ready and deserving to be up there onstage with the best amateur bodybuilders I will take a shot. So come July it will be on. My goal is just to crack the top 5. Right now I'm feeling pretty good with the progress I'm making right now and the body parts that I need to bring up. As far as the Team Universe. I have mixed feelings. At the end of last year I said I was done with the Team U, but people told me dont make the decision right now on emotions. Take your time to think and then decide. Two years in a row I lost on narrow decisions and it's actually made me hungrier for this up and coming year. After looking at the pictures did I deserve to win? No. Two years in a row I've been beaten on two different areas and poses and it's in the front of my head everyday when I go to the gym gotta improve those areas or die trying. But this coming Team Universe it's gonna be different.

Q. Have you started dieting?

I havent started dieting yet for the USA's. In speaking with Dave. He needs 16 weeks with me. So it's coming up pretty soon in March we start dieting. For the Team U, not sure how it will work but we will see. This will be my first time on the keto diet so I'm pretty excited.

Q. What weight and BF level will you be starting at?

I was just emailing Layne norton the other day about how much does he weigh right now. He said 225lbs. I asked if I could borrow some of that weight. lol Right now I'm holding at 212. I anticipate my weight to be around 215 to 220 when we start for the USA's bodyfat wise I might be around 15% I try to stay lean all year around. My metabolism is very, very fast so I'm constantly eating.

Q. What are some common mistakes made by our natural bros/sisters when preparing for a show?

Let me start this way. I've been competing since 1998. In all the years I've meet with everytype of competitior there was from the the top natural pro to the IFBB pro they have all said make sure you learn your body first. What works for someone might not work for you. You have to try different methods, exercises, diets etc. I see alot of copy cat people when going through a competition and if it dosnt turn out right ten they quit and blame the persons diet. That just means it didnt work for you. move on try something else. I have tried numerous different diets and I still dont have it down to the tee. I think Jeff Rod can agree with me there something that worked last year might not work the same as this year. Your body changes every year and you have to make the changes with it. Secondly overtraining, this happens alot especially with naturals. You must give your body time to recuperate by resting a bodypart at least 72 hours before you hit it again let the muscle repair itself. As you get closer to your show with lighter weights and more repetitons and shorter rest time between sets it ok to hit the muscle twice perweek because you are not trying to build muscle your tryin to sustain and condition that muscle. Third, I think just about everyone makes this mistake I myself hav Jeff has I can name alot but the important thing is to get with someone in your area to learn the proper poses (not just anyone, someone that really knows and has competed, not just or joe schmoe). Also tanning I cant emphasize enough that competitors have lost shows because they were not dark enough and used proper tanning sprays etc. Making sure to cover your face , hands , feet. Ask Jeff!!!! Things do turn out different though but why chance it. Your never dark enough. Fourth, Posing trunks dont get then when you first start dieting that would not make sense cause you will lose bodyfat and you will be swimming in your trunks. Take it from me. I did it my very first show. lol. Pick a color that matches your skin type, dont just pick any color. Alway have a pair for the prejuding and another for the night show. I see too many times smudges on trunks protan on trunks. It dosnt look good. Remember presentation. Always remember prepare ahead of time and you should be fine.

Last edited by Kiyoshi Moody; 02-20-2009 at 11:47 AM.

Now someone also asked about my bumps on my abs, In my very first show I competed in 2007 I was curious but didnt think nothing of it. Until I was getting ready for the Team Universe I noticed again. Only time I really noticed them was when I got very lean and dropped my water they really came out. So I went to the doctor to see what they were cause some people said I should go get them checked and also I was accused of having GH bumps, shooting a damn needle in my abs. lol. Hell No. After speaking with the doctor and an examine the bumps on my abs are called Lipomas. What are they you ask?
    A lipoma is a growth of fat cells in a thin, fibrous capsule usually found just below the skin. Lipomas are found most often on the torso, neck, upper thighs, upper arms, and armpits, but they can occur almost anywhere in the body. One or more lipomas may be present at the same time. Lipomas are the most common noncancerous soft tissue growth.
    The cause of lipomas is not completely understood, but the tendency to develop them is inherited. A minor injury may trigger the growth. Being overweight does not cause lipomas.

So there you have it. It is not gh bumps!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Kiyoshi Moody View Post
    Now someone also asked about my bumps on my abs, In my very first show I competed in 2007 I was curious but didnt think nothing of it. Until I was getting ready for the Team Universe I noticed again. Only time I really noticed them was when I got very lean and dropped my water they really came out. So I went to the doctor to see what they were cause some people said I should go get them checked and also I was accused of having GH bumps, shooting a damn needle in my abs. lol. Hell No. After speaking with the doctor and an examine the bumps on my abs are called Lipomas. What are they you ask?
    A lipoma is a growth of fat cells in a thin, fibrous capsule usually found just below the skin. Lipomas are found most often on the torso, neck, upper thighs, upper arms, and armpits, but they can occur almost anywhere in the body. One or more lipomas may be present at the same time. Lipomas are the most common noncancerous soft tissue growth.
    The cause of lipomas is not completely understood, but the tendency to develop them is inherited. A minor injury may trigger the growth. Being overweight does not cause lipomas.

So there you have it. It is not gh bumps!!!!
    I am glad you posted this Kiyoshi. I have a physical scheduled for today, and am going to bring this up with my doc. I have small bump on the side of my neck that sounds just like a lipoma... I just hope it is!

By the way, its great to have you here bro!

Quote Originally Posted by MisledYouth View Post
    I am glad you posted this Kiyoshi. I have a physical scheduled for today, and am going to bring this up with my doc. I have small bump on the side of my neck that sounds just like a lipoma... I just hope it is!

By the way, its great to have you here bro!

No problem Bro. Everyone always asks me about them. Yes please go get them checked its better to be safe then sorry later on.

Ur welcome and thank you and very happy to be aboard!!!!

AVBG

Kiyoshi.. You train clients and some of those trainees would have a slower metabolism (like myself).. What do you recommend offseason diet wise for these trainees who want to put on mass but not the bodyfat?

Quote Originally Posted by AVBG View Post
    Kiyoshi.. You train clients and some of those trainees would have a slower metabolism (like myself).. What do you recommend offseason diet wise for these trainees who want to put on mass but not the bodyfat?

Actually I do have a couple of competitors that are like that. First we would increase the meals. It would be high protein making sure to take a fiber supplement because of the high amount of protein . Add in good complex carbs meaning white rice, white potatoes, good fats fish oils peanut butter. Making sure you do cardio in the offseason. The biggest misconception is not to cardio in the offseason because you dont want to lose size or weight. Actually it will help you gain weight. Low intensity cardio is the best.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Kiyoshi Moody View Post
    The biggest misconception is not to cardio in the offseason because you dont want to lose size or weight. Actually it will help you gain weight. Low intensity cardio is the best.

I respect you man but i would like to see some solid evidence of how cardio helps somone gain weight.
    Last edited by Method; 02-22-2009 at 02:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Method View Post

I respect you man but i would like to see some solid evidence of how cardio helps somone gain weight.

There's things published everywhere about the benefits of cardio to help with muscle gain. Here is a link check it out.

http://www.streetdirectory.com/trave...th_cardio.html

Birmingham , alabama with my wonderful hubby aka saiyajinali

I wanted to stop by and say hi on your thread!will you be at the arnold? what are your plans this year? who were some of your inspirations when you first started lifting? wishing you the best this year!

Great to see ya on this site. You and Jeff make the Team U exciting to watch. You West Coast Boys always bring it to NYC!

You're a true natural freak bro...i think you should do the Team U because this is your year!

Quote Originally Posted by debbiebramwell View Post
    I wanted to stop by and say hi on your thread!will you be at the arnold? what are your plans this year? who were some of your inspirations when you first started lifting? wishing you the best this year!
    Ms. Debbie!!! Thank you for stopping by!!!! Girl everytime I see you at an event I'm always in awe of you!!! Unfortunately I wont be at the arnold. It will be vacation time for before I start dieting.

Plans - My 1st shot at the USA's then back at the Team Universe.

When I first started competing my inspirations were Shawn Ray, Ron Coleman not (Ronnie coleman aka big nasty), Chris Faildo. On the female side Cory everson and ssshhhhh you Debbie and you still are for your tenacity and perserverence to never quit.

Stay focused on whats ahead girl!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by NYC BIG MIKE View Post
    Good to have you here Kiyoshi.

Hey Big Mike, Very glad to be over here. I can see alot of people are making there way over here!!!

Quote Originally Posted by AlonePowers View Post
    Great to see ya on this site. You and Jeff make the Team U exciting to watch. You West Coast Boys always bring it to NYC!
    Hey AlonePowers - It's good to be hear. So far everything is all positive for a change and alot of people are making there way over and the mods on this site are doing a great job at keeping things under control so we can all learn from one another. I love to learn what others think and do. I'm glad we make it exciting at the Team Universe. I love coming out there every year. We coming again this year be ready. I think it will be even better as far competition wise. Thank you very much

Page 1 of 32 12311 ... LastLast