Default Olympus Labs Beta Testing Protein Samples

Olympus Labs Whey Protein Blueberry Pastry

Taste

Blueberry Pastry – At first I thought this would be a dominant blueberry and pastry aftertaste, but it was actually vice versa. Your taste buds are initially presented with a buttery baked good that has a cinnamon sugar vibe to it. If I were to break this down into ratios I would put it at a 70% pastry and 30% blueberry mixture. The biggest bonus of this flavor was there was no artificial flavor or blueberry presence the flavor was absolutely pure in both aspects. This is a flavor that is very refreshing to drink that reminded me of a snicker doodle blueberry pastry mix.

Mixability
    For each taste test I am going to mix one sample packet with 6-8oz of Almond/Cashew Milk. I will then blend it in my ninja blender. I want to keep each review consistent to see if there is any deviance in thickness and consistency between the flavors. Protein shakes are also the most utilize way of consuming whey protein.
    During my experience on the samples I will say it mixed thicker then regular whey or isolate protein, but not as thick as casein. This would be right in the middle that would resemble a blend. My guess is there are hints of Milk Protein Isolate or a touch of casein. If you want a thick and dense shake I would say 4-6oz would suit you very well, if you like a thinner consistency go with 8-12oz.

Formula
    There was no formula, macros, or calories listed for the protein. What I can say is that due to how it mixed on the thicker side I can guess this a blend (not 100% sure). Knowing Olympus labs thrives off being on the cutting edge of their formula’s they would only go that route to back what research shows is optimal.

Olympus Labs Whey Protein Fruity Cereal

Taste

Fruity Cereal – The second I took my first sip the first thing that shot in my head was Trix. I thought due to the cereal and marshmallow inclusion I would get a lucky charms replica, but this was sweeter then that. For those who have a vicious sweet tooth and love drinking the milk after a bowl of cereal this would be a great flavor for you to have on hand. I enjoyed this one more then most due to the fact I grew up eating boxes of cereal a week and Trix was a childhood favorite.

Mixability
    For each taste test I am going to mix one sample packet with 6-8oz of Almond/Cashew Milk. I will then blend it in my ninja blender. I want to keep each review consistent to see if there is any deviance in thickness and consistency between the flavors. Protein shakes are also the most utilize way of consuming whey protein.
    During my experience on the samples I will say it mixed thicker then regular whey or isolate protein, but not as thick as casein. This would be right in the middle that would resemble a blend. My guess is there are hints of Milk Protein Isolate or a touch of casein. If you want a thick and dense shake I would say 4-6oz would suit you very well, if you like a thinner consistency go with 8-12oz.

Formula
    There was no formula, macros, or calories listed for the protein. What I can say is that due to how it mixed on the thicker side I can guess this a blend (not 100% sure). Knowing Olympus labs thrives off being on the cutting edge of their formula’s they would only go that route to back what research shows is optimal.

Last edited by The Solution; 05-07-2018 at 08:00 PM.
    2013 & 2014 RX Member of the Year
    2014 RX Muscle September Member of the Month

Olympus Labs Whey Protein Mocha Cereal

Taste

Mocha Cereal– Mocha is defined as a variant of coffee made of espresso and hot milk with added chocolate. Upon tasting the protein powder the coffee is present but faint. For those who are coffee lovers this may mark off a few points, but if you don’t care for coffee this will be pleasant. There is just enough chocolate and a ton of caramel to make this the correct correlating flavor. The little added krispies give this a nice texture and consistency when blended in a ninja to give it an enhanced sweetness. If you were to mix this in s regular shaker cup it would be like drinking the milk of General Mills Mocha Crunch Cereal.

Mixability

Formula

https://youtu.be/mPuXN6pL1Rw

Olympus Labs Whey Protein Gingerbread Cookie

Taste

Gingerbread Cookie –This flavor threw me off guard for a bit because the cinnamon aspect dominates the gingerbread flavor. The good news is you get all aspects associated with a gingerbread cookie. The best part is you can taste the molasses and icing of a glazed cookie in the aftertaste. Not only was OL able to hit every aspect they did a great job on complimenting all the flavors without having one spice overpower the rest. This was a unique flavor, which was done leaps and bounds above other Gingerbread protein powders that have hit the market.

Mixability

Formula

https://youtu.be/TTnYca1bzrA

Olympus Labs Whey Protein Peanut Butter Cups

Taste

Peanut Butter Cups – It is hard to mess up a peanut butter cup, especially if you are American who loves chocolate and peanut butter. This flavor is complimented very well with neither the chocolate nor peanut butter overpowering each other. The overall ratio is split down the middle to give you the best of both worlds. You can taste a hint of roasted peanuts and a salty aspect that really enhances the overall flavoring of the protein powder. OL did a good job here and really will be a contender with a saturated market of peanut butter cup and peanut butter chocolate flavors.

Mixability

Formula
    There was no formula, macros, or calories listed for the protein. What I can say is that due to how it mixed on the thicker side I can guess this a blend (not 100% sure). Knowing Olympus Labs thrives off being on the cutting edge of their formula’s they would only go that route to back what research shows is optimal.

Ranking of Flavors / Samples

1. Mocha Cereal
    2. Peanut Butter Cup
    3. Gingerbread Cookie
    4. Fruity Cereal
    5.Blueberry Pastry

https://youtu.be/tDh4qsmaAFc