OLYMPIAN

Default TRT/Blood Donation

I am currently on clinic prescribed TRT. I'm scripted 200 mg per week which is too much. So I've been using 100 mg's once per week for a couple of months now. I wanted to see where I was at the day after injecting 100 mg's.
    Total test came back at 1216 ng's which I know is high so I've since lowered it to 80 mg's per week and will retest in a month. My RBC, Hemoglobin and Hematocrit were all high. Before I get freaked out and go to
    the doctor, would simply donating blood at the Red Cross likely bring these numbers down? Should I donate blood before I do my next labs? I appreciate any feedback.

My Numbers Normal Range
    RBC 5.84 (HIGH) 4.14-5.80 x10E6/uL 01
    Hemoglobin 18.2 (HIGH) 13.0-17.7 g/dL 01
    Hematocrit 52.2 (HIGH) 37.5-51.0 % 01

You better not tell them youre on TRT because you'll be rejected.

OLYMPIAN

I donate twice per year for a similar issue and I also don't mention the TRT. Couldn't give you exact numbers but my RBC definitely gets high. I donate once or twice per year. I've been asked to donate plasma but it's too time consuming for my schedule. I would definitely donate before your next lab work.
    Last edited by supbro!; 02-28-2019 at 07:28 PM.

RX MEMBER

injecting Test E or C and then getting bloodwork the day after your injection will show your test levels high. Hydration plays a big part in the CBC for RBC's and Hematocrit. Getting your blood drawn while being dehydrated will show higher RBC count and Hematocrit % / Hb.

When I was dehydrated my Hematocrit was 54%. Retested a week later but prior to the test I drank about 750 mL of water 10-15 minutes before the blood draw and my hematocrit decreased to 50%. when the ECF plasma volume decreases due to inadequate water intake, the Hematocrit increases

Quote Originally Posted by iRock2 View Post
    injecting Test E or C and then getting bloodwork the day after your injection will show your test levels high. Hydration plays a big part in the CBC for RBC's and Hematocrit. Getting your blood drawn while being dehydrated will show higher RBC count and Hematocrit % / Hb.

When I was dehydrated my Hematocrit was 54%. Retested a week later but prior to the test I drank about 750 mL of water 10-15 minutes before the blood draw and my hematocrit decreased to 50%. when the ECF plasma volume decreases due to inadequate water intake, the Hematocrit increases

Diluted, basically.

RX MEMBER

Do you have sleep apnea ?

Test can do that but EQ even worse. If you stay on moderate levels, just donate blood every two months. And that other guy is right; they'll reject you if you say you're on TRT.

My blood came back all fucked up when I went for pre-surgical testing last year. Hemo (both) counts way too high. I went to a hematologist and told him exactly what I was on (400 mg each of test and EQ a week). He told me to immediately stop and they were taking a full bottle of blood from me a week.

I stayed off for about three months cold turkey (no PCT, either) and felt like dead dog dick. Test level was 52 (not exactly sure what it was before that, but around 1,200 last I checked) but I was fine the next blood test and was cleared for surgery.