Quest Nutrition Chocolate Sprinkled Doughnut Protein Bar Review

Taste

Chocolate Sprinkled Doughnut – When reading the name doughnut in any protein infused product it will raise your eyebrow. Upon first bite the chocolate coating provides a hybrid of a heavy milk chocolate and a slight aftertaste of a dark chocolate. While it is unique I would say it is 80/20 ratio in favor of milk chocolate. The dual flavor paves way for the sweetness enhanced in the sprinkles that coat the bar to elevate the flavoring of the bar. I never picked up a doughnut taste, as it would be hard to get the buttery undertone of a fresh baked pastry in a protein bar. If you were to blindfold me and have me eat this bar I would say it tastes exactly like chocolate birthday cake. Personally I thought this bar was fantastic as it was flavored with Stevia. Most of the time Stevia is very bitter, Quest found a way to make the flavor shine with that as its main sweetener choice.

Texture

Out of the wrapper you can notice the bar has the usual quest bar texture with the added flakiness from the sprinkles laced throughout the bar included inside and. The bar was very soft which has a ONE Bar consistency associated with it. I was very pleased with this texture and flavor compared to the previous batches and flavors the company has produced.

Formula

190 Calories
8g Fat
23g Carbs
20g Protein
14g Fiber

This bar is flavored with Stevia instead of Sucralose, but you would never know. The flavoring was incredible and there was no bitterness associated with that sweetener of choice.

Cost

Quest retails for about $24 a box making it right around $2 a bar. If you were to buy a single bar off the main quest website it would be around $2.39 per bar. Buying in bulk saves you around 40 cents a bar, but all in all if on sale it’s pretty cost effective for 12 bars for around $16-20. When you factor in flavor, and factor in good calories for less than 200 calories a bar it's a convenient investment.

Quest Rankings

1. Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough
2. Cookies & Cream
3. Mocha Chocolate Chip
4. Chocolate Sprinkled Doughnut
5. Apple Pie
6. Double Chocolate Chunk
7. Chocolate Brownie
8. S’mores
9. Chocolate PB
10. Cinnamon Roll