RX MEMBER

Default Wendler 5-3-1 question

I've been doing 531 for 5 months with awesome results. I'm following the first original program very simple and effective. On a 5 + weeks and 3 + weeks the 1 + weeks I'm hitting a good amount over the prescribed reps and I feel great. But now I'm on month 5 and I'm only hitting a little bit over the prescribed reps. For example 90% a couple of Cycles ago I overhead press 190-14 times a couple of Cycles later 190 has become my 85% and I only did it for 9. Could it be that way because the five rep warm up sets before got Heavier? Im looking ahead and I still feel like I can hit the 1 plus reps in a couple of weeks no problem. So I see no need to retest the max. Is this normal? Is it normal to not break a previous record? I've been deloading too

RX MEMBER

Quote Originally Posted by JJViper View Post
    I've been doing 531 for 5 months with awesome results. I'm following the first original program very simple and effective. On a 5 + weeks and 3 + weeks the 1 + weeks I'm hitting a good amount over the prescribed reps and I feel great. But now I'm on month 5 and I'm only hitting a little bit over the prescribed reps. For example 90% a couple of Cycles ago I overhead press 190-14 times a couple of Cycles later 190 has become my 85% and I only did it for 9. Could it be that way because the five rep warm up sets before got Heavier? Im looking ahead and I still feel like I can hit the 1 plus reps in a couple of weeks no problem. So I see no need to retest the max. Is this normal? Is it normal to not break a previous record? I've been deloading too
    Sounds like you may have hit a plateau and its time to change or adjust your training to keep making progress.

RX MEMBER

Quote Originally Posted by Ashop View Post
    Sounds like you may have hit a plateau and its time to change or adjust your training to keep making progress.
    Thanks for taking the time to respond.