Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1
    LEGEND Poker face Ace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    "You tell that punk, that I, me Jon Gotti, will sever your mother f'n head off"-Jon Gotti
    Posts
    4,166
    Rep Power
    2147691

    Default Ways to strengthen index & thumb.?

    Both on right hand and notice slight week weakness. Any ideas? Plus what can I do to strengthen?? Took an x-ray said it looked like tendonitis. Shoot

  2. #2
    LEGEND Poker face Ace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    "You tell that punk, that I, me Jon Gotti, will sever your mother f'n head off"-Jon Gotti
    Posts
    4,166
    Rep Power
    2147691

  3. #3
    RX MEMBER Sexybeast777's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    185
    Rep Power
    19529

    Default

    I do high rep dumbell shrugs, just wearing a belt and that's it, no straps, it makes my grip stronger but it's very challenging. Oh, and each shrug has a peak contraction, meaning I hold the peak contraction for a minute or so

  4. #4
    LEGEND Poker face Ace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    "You tell that punk, that I, me Jon Gotti, will sever your mother f'n head off"-Jon Gotti
    Posts
    4,166
    Rep Power
    2147691

    Default

    Thanks SB. At least someone cares. It's one of those things where if I do too much I can aggravate it. Too little & nothing. So I took week off and it seems ok. But today I went to buy coffee from McDonald's before work & using my right hand to dig for change where I keep change in the pocket of the door handle it was an obstacle. Took few minutes of fighting with it but people behind me we're beeping their horns & I said screw it. Used stronger hand. I have a feeling it's due to something I may have pulled in my mid back on the right side as when I stretch out I can feel a tightness sore from back to shoulder down my right arm.

    Really starting to feel it could be a nerve that's pinched. Doctors did x-rays but didn't notice much but man it's like some are too lazy or dumb enough not to realize that it could be a pinched nerve in the back that's affecting my finger movement down my shoulder to forearm to my fingers. Or an ulnar nerve. Fuck man I'm tired of assuming and googling it's driving me crazy but again it's kinda painful when i make a fist or little difficult having my thumb touch my pinky without really trying.

    Other hand it's no hastle whatsoever so I'll check it out and see.
    Last edited by Poker face Ace; 06-07-2019 at 11:30 PM.

  5. #5
    LEGEND Poker face Ace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    "You tell that punk, that I, me Jon Gotti, will sever your mother f'n head off"-Jon Gotti
    Posts
    4,166
    Rep Power
    2147691

    Default

    Lol shit didn't realize how long that was lmao

  6. #6
    Moderator Mobster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Wales, Great Britain.
    Posts
    3,351
    Rep Power
    2147721

    Default

    Rubber bands. Loop them over said digits and open and close them.
    06, 08, 09 and now 2010 British (4x) and 2008/2010 European Grip Champion (2x)

  7. #7
    OLYMPIAN Sunnyday's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Forest Hill, MD
    Posts
    10,237
    Rep Power
    2147932

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mobster View Post
    Rubber bands. Loop them over said digits and open and close them.
    Great minds! I was reading my way down the thread and this was what was going through my mind.

    PfA, with the feel you’re getting on stretching, it sounds like either the long head bicep tendon or the ulnar nerve that could be the underlying issue. “Smashwerx” ala Trevor Bachmeyer is THE MAN for bio hacking your body, no need to go anywhere else on the web. His YouTube channel (Smashwerx) is phenomenal! I follow him on Instagram and he posts daily biohacks. If you leave a question or request in the comments section he will always reply promptly.

    The reason Mobster (and I) are saying rubber bands to push against is because the opposing muscles of your hand/forearm need to get worked. Lots of grip work without strengthening the opposing muscles can wreak havoc on hands, wrists, elbows, etc. If the nerve is getting pinched near the elbow/forearm then the rubber bands will do the trick. I use #28 bands from Staples and I do one destroyer set to utter failure every single training day before I start my workout. Now that I don’t have the issue in individual digits I put the band around the outside of my fingers and thumb and open and close my hand.
    2016 RX Member of the Year & March 2015 Member of the Month
    https://www.instagram.com/sunny52kg/


    https://granitesupplements.com/ideva...ate.php?id=127

  8. #8
    Moderator Mobster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Wales, Great Britain.
    Posts
    3,351
    Rep Power
    2147721

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sunnyday View Post
    Great minds! I was reading my way down the thread and this was what was going through my mind.

    PfA, with the feel you’re getting on stretching, it sounds like either the long head bicep tendon or the ulnar nerve that could be the underlying issue. “Smashwerx” ala Trevor Bachmeyer is THE MAN for bio hacking your body, no need to go anywhere else on the web. His YouTube channel (Smashwerx) is phenomenal! I follow him on Instagram and he posts daily biohacks. If you leave a question or request in the comments section he will always reply promptly.

    The reason Mobster (and I) are saying rubber bands to push against is because the opposing muscles of your hand/forearm need to get worked. Lots of grip work without strengthening the opposing muscles can wreak havoc on hands, wrists, elbows, etc. If the nerve is getting pinched near the elbow/forearm then the rubber bands will do the trick. I use #28 bands from Staples and I do one destroyer set to utter failure every single training day before I start my workout. Now that I don’t have the issue in individual digits I put the band around the outside of my fingers and thumb and open and close my hand.
    Exactly so. It's a nice rehab for his condition.
    06, 08, 09 and now 2010 British (4x) and 2008/2010 European Grip Champion (2x)

  9. #9
    LEGEND Poker face Ace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    "You tell that punk, that I, me Jon Gotti, will sever your mother f'n head off"-Jon Gotti
    Posts
    4,166
    Rep Power
    2147691

    Default

    Thanks guys. Sd is spot on with the elbow pain connected. & Mobster good point with the bands. So Staples should have it I'm hoping
    Last edited by Poker face Ace; 06-09-2019 at 01:23 PM.

  10. #10
    RX MEMBER Sexybeast777's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    185
    Rep Power
    19529

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Poker face Ace View Post
    Thanks SB. At least someone cares. It's one of those things where if I do too much I can aggravate it. Too little & nothing. So I took week off and it seems ok. But today I went to buy coffee from McDonald's before work & using my right hand to dig for change where I keep change in the pocket of the door handle it was an obstacle. Took few minutes of fighting with it but people behind me we're beeping their horns & I said screw it. Used stronger hand. I have a feeling it's due to something I may have pulled in my mid back on the right side as when I stretch out I can feel a tightness sore from back to shoulder down my right arm.

    Really starting to feel it could be a nerve that's pinched. Doctors did x-rays but didn't notice much but man it's like some are too lazy or dumb enough not to realize that it could be a pinched nerve in the back that's affecting my finger movement down my shoulder to forearm to my fingers. Or an ulnar nerve. Fuck man I'm tired of assuming and googling it's driving me crazy but again it's kinda painful when i make a fist or little difficult having my thumb touch my pinky without really trying.

    Other hand it's no hastle whatsoever so I'll check it out and see.
    I suggest a full month off from working out for proper recovery.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •