Ghost Coconut Ice Cream Whey Review

Taste

Coconut Ice Cream – Upon opening the tub the aroma is strong enough to fill your room with a toasted coconut presence. The initial taste is a very dense and sweet cream vanilla bean that trickles a luscious aftertaste. The coconut begins to pick up as it hits the back of your taste buds, which I thought would be the other way around. For someone who does not have a high priority for coconut this one really was in my favor with a lighter coconut and stronger vanilla base. One other aspect I noted was the consistency was thicker compared to any of the Ghost Whey Flavors or limited edition Holiday flavors they have put out. This may not be an everyday flavor for the average consumer, but I would be damned to find another Coconut flavored protein that can rival this. Ghost knocked this out of the park, and way beyond my expectations.

Mixability

I mixed this protein shake with 1 Scoop of the Whey and 4-6oz of cashew milk. This mixed with ease. There was no clumping left in the shake as the powder started to mix hitting the liquid.

When mixed in Greek yogurt (plain) I also found it to mix with ease.. There are also no issues when utilized in baking. I find it to help the final product rise very well and make an incredible baked good.

Formula

Per Scoop:
1.5g Fat
4g Carbs
25g Protein

What you have to love about Ghost is the open label on the whey protein. The only other added ingredients are cellulose and xanthan gum + Sucralose as the sweetener. There is nothing hidden in here. With a very basic formula the greatest inclusion is a Ghost Enzyme to help breakdown the whey for those who may have a slight lactose problem. This will settle very easy and sit well for almost all consumers.

14.53g from WPI
13.15g From WPC
2.98g from Hydro WPI

Cost

$39.99 on their main webpage, but you can always find a 20% off coupon. If you have coupons to the 3-letter store you can always get the added discount if you want to shop local. For the price of the open label and flavoring it is more of a unique buy. Think of something you can use on occasion, but maybe a touch too expensive to use on a daily basis. Most people are geared to cost effective whey/whey blends on the market. My best piece of advice is you could half the dosage on the ghost whey and pair with a vanilla protein powder to get the enhancement of the Ghost flavoring.