"You tell that punk, that I, me Jon Gotti, will sever your mother f'n head off"-Jon Gotti RIP DMX

Default Water!! What a realistic wake up call!!

Always had this retarded mantality that "meh I'm good with soda. Diet soda mmm tastes so good". 2 weeks ago at work downed 1 cup LG coffee & 2 20 oz diet sodas. Fastforward so I don't write a book lol.

Was almost 95degrees & my a@@ is sweating bullets. Thinking like an idiot & my old self "ace, no reward (water to quench my thirst till all done") mind you I trained that same day before work on a bench program supposed to add 30lbs to my bench.

Anyway got such a nasty cramp, like super cramp in my leg as I'm driving home from work. It was soooo bad I said f@$k it, going to e.r. even though I hastate going there and I usually suck it up and refuse.

Anyway long story short. I go in, get tests done & results come back. Turns out CK levels were high. Normal level for males is up to 200. I had 1280!!! Oucccchhhh. So remedy, drink & drink water. Oh & doctor wanted to keep me overnight to monitor which I declined since had work. Anyway now it's 550 thank God but I'm downing 2 gallons of water. & Never knew training also had a slight impact.anyway diagnosis was Rhabdomyolysis. FYI kidney function was normal thank God & cholesterol & everything else. Opinions or anyone else go through this?

For fuckers sake people focus on what's happening either (eating, drinking, juicing, training) everything has a disadvantage. Everything I've learned. Anyway opinions or experience?

About 6 months ago I gave up my insane soda habit ( I have 1 daily with dinner or lunch now )
    I had got really bad about drinking water at one point kicking up a kidney stone from being dehydrated. I now get a MINIMUM of 1 gallon per day and more on training days or days when I'm in a lot of heat and physical.

"You tell that punk, that I, me Jon Gotti, will sever your mother f'n head off"-Jon Gotti RIP DMX

Ouch. Thank goodness I never got that. But something that's beyond common sense like drinking water, goes above our heads and greed & disregard to health being stubborn to name just a few take over. Don't know y but I was a diet Coke addict. Use to laugh at the water drinkers & say "man what pleasure can u get from water haha" now I'm looking like "Sob those ppl who were drinking water were laughing at me" as they should.

Not to mention it was them who'd tell me it's bad for you you shouldn't drink soda" & I'd laugh in my head like "yeah umm sure you're right"

Wow! That’s a pretty rare condition. You’re lucky to have no permanent kidney damage from it.

I’m a little surprised you weren’t already consuming 2 gallons of water per day. I down at least a gallon and I’m only half your body weight. But it happens, we all can lose track of our water consumption when life gets crazy.

Other than exercise, any other ideas what may have triggered it? When do you follow up with a doc?
    2016 RX Member of the Year & March 2015 Member of the Month
    https://www.instagram.com/sunny52kg/

https://granitesupplements.com/ideva...ate.php?id=127

Managing Dir., Rx Muscle Forums Curt James's Avatar
    Big Jeff's Family Restaurant, 815 Fremont Ave, South Pasadena, CA

PfA, you’re only the second person I’ve known report having or suffering from Rhabdomyolysis. Get well soon!

https://www.webmd.com/a-to-z-guides/...ses-treatments

Thanks guys. Appreciate the kind words alot.

It's extremely rare. But I'm almost certain it's from the training. Dehydration as well but the training for 2 hours on this rigours routine. I'm used to 40 maybe 45 minutes tops work out. This routine was basically: 5 sets of 90% max weight for 1 rep. Which was 285lbs on incline bench. Then drop 30lbs and do 5-7 reps for 4 sets. Then drop 30lbs do 4 sets of 5-7 reps each set.

Then choose 1 exercise for each body part & do 4 sets of 5-7 reps. So I did barbell behind the neck 4 sets of 145 for 7 reps.

Next did barbell rows working up to 295 for 7 reps. Then

Got to work had large expresso & 1 he later diet Coke followed by few hrs later another 1. Oh and constantly walking 4 flights of stairs up and down in a no a.c. bull crap building that's God knows how old for 8.5 hours. I remember I got to my car with such exhaustion as if I had been stuck on a desert in Africa lol. a co worker jokingly said "bro can't lean on the job" as I replied "oops my bad. Haha go f#$k yourself" lol. Got in my car drenched in sweat. Blasted a.c and 10 minutes in I noticed cramp.

My doctor told me intense exercises & certain meds including anabolic steroids will definitely contribute guaranteed. He said injury can cause this example: direct muscle injury. I am dealing with this elbow pain that starts from my mid back tightness, to shoulder, down my arm to my elbow and hand. He strongly believes it's an entrapment of a nerve. I thought ulnar but he believes it's median. So who knows if that's doing something but I'm getting shots to relieve the nerve & discomfort plus seeing a chiropractor
    Last edited by Poker face Ace; 06-24-2019 at 11:42 PM.

Oh and physical exhaustion 100% percent can. I'm peeing more often which is really good from drinking more water.
    Last edited by Poker face Ace; 06-24-2019 at 11:45 PM.

Keep us posted on your recovery, PfA.
    2016 RX Member of the Year & March 2015 Member of the Month
    https://www.instagram.com/sunny52kg/

https://granitesupplements.com/ideva...ate.php?id=127

Definitely SD. & Thanks again for the kind words.
    So it's funny how we all think we got everything on lock with life. Example: food, diet, training, paying bills, etc.

The 1 thing I learned especially from this "episode" is in life, you really can't take anything and I mean ANYTHING for granted. You have to pay such close attention especially to your body.

Looking back in hindsight, starting this program 3.5 weeks ago I did notice pain waking up next day & thinking "man what a great workout". Only to think it was more like going back instead of going forward. I definitely should thank the female Dr. Who was looking out for me that day as she was a top track & field athlete in college & a top swimmer in her University.
    She gave me a story of something in her day of training in college that really compared to my situation. She spoke about a team member of hers who was top of her game and was leader of the swim team who pushed the limit & nearly collapsed. She said when they asked her what happened she said she felt great until 10 seconds before she felt dizzy.
    Which really stood in my mind that you need to listen ahead and know when to stop. I told her I have this mantality of push and keep going & she said remember that when it happens it's split second & you can collapse without realizing it. Now I'm really listening to my body and know my limit & listen to what my body is saying. If it's tired then I take off. Otherwords know when to hit the brakes.

Damn that was long LMAO

This workout is 3x a week BTW. So mon, we'd, Friday. I did the math same day I got my diagnosis. Wow. So mon is heavy day which is 13 sets of chest. Not including 4 sets for each body part. Wednesday is light day. Which is another 4 sets of bench not including 4 sets each for other body parts. FriDay is 7 sets again not including other4 sets each body part.

Total # of sets for chest alone- 23 sets in 1 week. Of strictly incline bench. Not flies or dumbbells. 23 sets of straight incline press.

Typically I do 3 sets flat & 3 sets incline. 6 working sets of presses. These were 4x more. Oh & not including warm-up

Total sets Monday alone was 39 sets. Fuccck lol