Quest Nutrition Cinnamon Roll Protein Bar Review

Taste

Cinnamon Roll -

This is the new and improved Cinnamon Roll Quest Bar. The new bar contains chunk inclusions, more cinnamon roll flavor, and a drizzled topping. The bar base provides a subtle buttery undertone like a fresh baked cinnamon roll that is enhanced by the cinnamon flavor. Where the bar really shines Is the icing glaze and chunk inclusions. The glaze on top packs a luscious sweetness that resembles a vanilla icing. The chunks to me formed a slight glaze on the inside. This is nothing like the chunks you would get from Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough or Cookies and cream. The inner glaze resembles a light caramel glaze which actually works with the bar base and icing. All in all Cinnamon Roll was not even a top 10 flavor for me in the past., but with the upgrades it does crack my top 5. Great job Quest on improving upon the past.

Texture

Out of the wrapper you can notice the bar has the usual quest bar texture with the added flakiness from the chunks included on the inside and outside of the bar. Right out of the wrapper the bar had a soft texture, which was an issue with some of the original formula bars that got hard very quick. Overall I found this easy to eat right out of the wrapper and it did not need to be microwaved or broiled. I could puncture the outer layer with my finger.

Formula

6g Fat
23g Carbs
20g Protein
15g Fiber
4g Net Carbs

Quest has went back to the old formula which settles much easier and produces a softer bar. Not only has this pleased a large portion of the quest community, but the general supplement consumer as a whole. It makes them digest easier (for myself) and many others.

Cost

A Box of 12 Quest Bars retails for about $24-26 making it right around 2$ a bar. If you pop into a local mom and pop you may spend upward to $2.50-$3 a bar. Buying in bulk is usually the way to go for the best bang for your buck. Quest does run sales through multiple vendors over time where you can see bars dip below $20 a box, this is a great time to stock up on a new flavor and some of your other favorites from the brand.

Quest Rankings

** The original Cinnamon Roll was not even a top 10 flavor for me, so this was a huge improvement

1. Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough
2. Cookies & Cream
3. Mocha Chocolate Chip (I am very partial to coffee as I am a huge fan of it)
4. Cinnamon Roll (NEW)
5. Blueberry Muffin
6. Apple Pie
7. Double Chocolate Chunk
8. Chocolate Brownie
9. S’mores
10. Chocolate PB