Quest Nutrition Caramel Chocolate Chunk Protein Bar Review

Taste

Caramel Chocolate Chunk –
This protein bar is a spin-off of one of Quest’s long-term flavors double chocolate chunk. The double chocolate chunk is highly overlooked on Quest’s lineup. This bar is a bit different with chocolate chunks and caramel ribbons laced throughout the bar. The caramel is soft, gooey, and packs a luscious buttery flavor that strikes a perfect balance. When paired with the rich cocoa double chocolate chunks it gives you a great one two-compliment punch. The dense cocoa flavor meets a sweet caramel to give you the best of both worlds. I also picked up on small krispies that were sporadic throughout the center of the bar. The additional crunch was a warm welcome to an incredibly soft bar. Overall this is yet another great flavor to the Quest lineup.

Texture

Out of the wrapper you can notice the bar has a very soft quest bar texture with the added flakiness from the krispies laced throughout the bar. The bar was softer then a majority of the other flavors. I was very pleased with this texture and flavor of this bar as it ranks higher on the list of all-time quest flavors.

Formula

190 Calories
7g Fat
23g Carbs
20g Protein
15g Fiber

This bar is flavored with Stevia and Sucralose. The flavoring was great and there was no bitterness associated with the added Stevia that I picked up on.

Cost

Quest retails for about $24 a box making it right around $2 a bar. If you were to buy a single bar off the main quest website it would be around $2.39 per bar. Buying in bulk saves you around 40 cents a bar, but all in all if on sale it’s pretty cost effective for 12 bars for around $16-20. When you factor in flavor, and factor in good calories for less than 200 calories a bar it's a convenient investment.

Quest Rankings

1. Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough
2. Cookies & Cream
3. Mocha Chocolate Chip
4. Caramel Chocolate Chunk
5. Apple Pie
6. Cinnamon Roll
7. Chocolate Covered Doughnut
8. Double Chocolate Chunk
9. Chocolate Brownie
10. White Chocolate Raspberry