Primeval Labs Strawberry Shortcake Isolit

Taste

Strawberry Shortcake – I am not a huge strawberry or fruity fan, but Primeval Labs knocked this one out of the park. The strawberry is very pure, dense, and luscious in flavor. Not only that it is incredibly refreshing from very first sip to last. The inclusion of the chunks helps replicate a good humor ice cream bar. They provide a crunchy graham cracker flavor that compliments the strawberry base exceptionally well. I would be hard-pressed to find a better tasting strawberry isolate protein powder on the market. This may not be my favorite Isolit flavor off the brand’s protein powder lineup, but they sure did a killer job replicating an ice cream based dessert into a protein powder.

Rankings

1. Cinnamon Milk
  2. Strawberry Shortcake
  3. Pumpkin Pie
  4. Vanilla
  5. Chocolate

Mixability

Isolit is a pure isolate protein powder. The texture of the powder is very thin and mixes upon touching the liquid. Given the makeup of the profile, it mixes thicker than I expected. The main reason could be the added Xanthan Gum. I found 6-8oz to be a sweet spot to capture the flavor of the protein powder.

I also enjoy mixing protein powder into Greek Yogurt. I mix 1 scoop of Isolit into 6oz of Greek yogurt and found it to have no issues when stirred with a spoon.

Formula

ISOLIT is a 100% pure whey protein isolate protein powder that mixes easily and tastes absolutely delicious. ISOLIT is derived from exceptionally high-quality milk, and by using only whey protein isolate, we’ve maximized protein content per scoop while limiting carbohydrates and fat.

Per Scoop:
~120 Calories
1.5g Fat
3g Carbs
25g Protein
Digseb Plus à Digestive Enzyme Blend