Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 23

Thread: Olympia 2020

  1. #1
    Managing Dir., Rx Muscle Forums Curt James's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Big Jeff's Family Restaurant, 815 Fremont Ave, South Pasadena, CA
    Posts
    49,766
    Rep Power
    2149273

    Default Olympia 2020

    Quote Originally Posted by EvanL View Post
    [...]I personally love the excitement 2020 will bring I think we can (and will) spend the whole year speculating and discussing possibilities. [...]
    Cedric is qualified courtesy of his Hungary win. Who are your favorites?

  2. #2
    RX MEMBER
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    11,803
    Rep Power
    2148008

    Exclamation

    All previous Olympia winners are qualified in their divisions. I don't think runners-up are automatically qualified anymore. If I'm wrong, correct me.

    For the Mr. Olympia men's bodybuilding competition, the winners still competing are as follows:

    Brandon Curry

    Shawn Rhoden

    Phil Heath

    Dexter Jackson

    To respond to the prompt, none of these are my favorites. I'll let others chime in w/ theirs before revealing mine.
    Last edited by hifrommike65; 10-16-2019 at 12:39 AM.

  3. #3
    OLYMPIAN EvanL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    330
    Rep Power
    317835

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Curt James View Post
    Cedric is qualified courtesy of his Hungary win. Who are your favorites?
    That was fast thanks Curt!

    Cedric- First one not previously qualified who has gotten in to the 2020 contest. Cedric has not brought his best conditioning to the Olympia in years past and discussion between Dave and Chris have hinted at nerves being the culprit. Can Cedric overcome this and come in condition where I think he would be in contention or will it be another dissapointing year?

    Phil- I predict Phil will claim his crown back, he is qualified for life so he doesnt have that to worry about, with his stomach issue fixed I think he can focus. I think if he actually comes in lighter and tighter ala 2011 he will be a lock for 1st

    Ramy- simmilar to Cedric it seems year after year we hope for great things but are usually disappointed. Will this year be different?

    Lewis- I think Flex will have no issue standing with the "big boys" of the open class. I found his physique to have simmilar balance as Phil's. With a little added size I think he can stand side by side with them no problem.

    Hadi- assuming he will be back on the stage in the US I think Hadi, with the same condition as 2019 can do serious damage to even a predictably loaded 2020 lineup.

    Curry- unless he can bring up his legs, with Phil, Ramy and Lewis in the lineup I dont think he will be in the top 3

    Rhoden- I would like to see Rhoden back on the stage pending any legal situations being resolve. I think if he is able to bring the same conditioning he would be fighting in the top 5.

    Others?
    With Phil returning and Dan Solomon at the helm can they finally get Kai on the stage? At this point I will say no but never say never

    Dexter- I think Dexter will continue to fight in the top 10 although in a loaded lineup it may be getting more difficult.

    Patrick Moore- assuming he continues to improve I think he will be inside the top 10, even top 5 if he nails it.

    Let's make a top 5 guess each month and change it each month based on new info.

    Evan's Olympia top 5 as of October 2019:
    1. Phil Heath
    2. Flex Lewis
    3. Big Ramy
    4. Hadi Choopan
    5. Brandon Curry






    Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

  4. #4
    RX MEMBER
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    11,803
    Rep Power
    2148008

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by EvanL View Post
    That was fast thanks Curt!
    I hit Curt up immediately on private after your proposal, & he responded quickly. Thank you Curt, & thank you EvanL for your proposal. I'll go through your top five list.

    I don't like Phil & never have. He strikes me as arrogant, which he might be somewhat justified in being, but still. & his look does not appeal to me. I think he's blocky.

    I'm not a big fan of Shawn. He's got a great look & poses well. Even before the legal trouble (which I hope will be resolved w/ a settled lawsuit before next September), there was something about him that bothered me. & that hasn't changed.

    I like Flex a lot, but I don't think he can hang w/ the big boys. Same thing w/ Hadi. I don't think either will ever go higher than 3rd in the open; as least that's what my clouded crystal ball says now.

    Big Ramy hasn't shown the condition he needs to win. He's all size, & not aesthetic, just a monster. I have no problem w/ him, though.

    Brandon got a pass this year. The big guns weren't there & he was the biggest gun left. I'm not saying he didn't deserve it. I have liked him from the moment he went pro. But he needs more size & conditioning to win again in a better lineup.

    I have always liked Roelly. I like his look & his manner. I wish he could come in so ripped, sliced & diced as a monster that he sweeps everyone else aside. However, I don't think he will.

    Dexter is too long in the tooth to win the Mr. O again. I think this is the last year he'll be near the top. I hope they do restart the Masters Olympia show, because that's where he could win. (Btw, Dexter was considered arrogant & standoffish w/ fans at first, but I think he was shy & got over it.)

    I like Patrick Moore, but again it's size. He's probably never going to go over 235 in shape onstage. Unless it's another soft lineup, I don't see him as Mr. O.

    I'm not ready to list a top five yet. Let me think about it.
    Last edited by hifrommike65; 10-16-2019 at 07:19 PM.

  5. #5
    OLYMPIAN EvanL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    330
    Rep Power
    317835

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hifrommike65 View Post
    I hit Curt up immediately on private after your proposal, & he responded quickly. Thank you Curt, & thank you EvanL for your proposal. I'll go through your top five list.

    I don't like Phil & never have. He strikes me as arrogant, which he might be somewhat justified in being, but still. & his look does not appeal to me. I think he's blocky.

    I'm not a big fan of Shawn. He's got a great look & poses well. Even before the legal trouble (which I hope will be resolved w/ a settled lawsuit before next September), there was something about him that bothered me. & that hasn't changed.

    I like Flex a lot, but I don't think he can hang w/ the big boys. Same thing w/ Hadi. I don't think either will ever go higher than 3rd in the open; as least that's what my clouded crystal ball says now.

    Big Ramy hasn't shown the condition he needs to win. He's all size, & not aesthetic, just a monster. I have no problem w/ him, though.

    Brandon got a pass this year. The big guns weren't there & he was the biggest gun left. I'm not saying he didn't deserve it. I have liked him from the moment he went pro. But he needs more size & conditioning to win again in a better lineup.

    I have always liked Roelly. I like his look & his manner. I wish he could come in so ripped, sliced & diced as a monster that he sweeps everyone else aside. However, I don't think he will.

    Dexter is too long in the tooth to win the Mr. O again. I think this is the last year he'll be near the top. I hope they do restart the Masters Olympia show, because that's where he could win. (Btw, Dexter was considered arrogant & standoffish w/ fans at first, but I think he was shy & got over it.)

    I like Patrick Moore, but again it's size. He's probably never going to go over 235 in shape onstage. Unless it's another soft lineup, I don't see him as Mr. O.

    I'm not ready to list a top five yet. Let me think about it.
    Awesome insight as usual hifrommike65! I agree with all of your points, and look forward to your early top 5 predictions!

    Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

  6. #6
    RX MEMBER
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    11,803
    Rep Power
    2148008

    Default



    Roelly guest posed at a competition in Australia, & Desktop Bodybuilding on YouTube captured it. This sums up why I am a Roelly fan.

  7. #7
    RX MEMBER
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    11,803
    Rep Power
    2148008

    Default



    Desktop Bodybuilding showed & discussed a new pic of Phil Heath, & I have to admit I was impressed. See for yourself.

  8. #8
    OLYMPIAN CHILDOFGOD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    MIAMI, FL
    Posts
    536
    Rep Power
    2147614

    Default

    i really don't see Phil competin' again any time soon. i think he just enjoys hittin' the weights.
    MY LORD OF LORDS!!!

  9. #9
    RX MEMBER
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    11,803
    Rep Power
    2148008

    Exclamation

    Quote Originally Posted by CHILDOFGOD View Post
    i really don't see Phil competin' again any time soon. i think he just enjoys hittin' the weights.
    CoG, did you watch the video? The things Phil says imply he is gearing up for a show. He just didn't mention which one.
    Last edited by hifrommike65; 10-19-2019 at 12:06 PM.

  10. #10
    OLYMPIAN EvanL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    330
    Rep Power
    317835

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CHILDOFGOD View Post
    i really don't see Phil competin' again any time soon. i think he just enjoys hittin' the weights.
    After the Olympia 2018 Phil said he was going to take a year off to let his hernia heal properly and then come back for 2020 better than ever. I dont see Phil sitting idly by while his Sandow gets passed around. He wants 8 and I'm sure he really wants 9 or 10 before he hangs up the gloves.

    Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

  11. #11
    RX MEMBER
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    11,803
    Rep Power
    2148008

    Default



    Nathan De Asha won the Korean Pro, got $18,000 for the win, & qualified for the Mr. Olympia 2020. Juan Morel & An Nguyen were runners up.

  12. #12
    RX MEMBER
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    11,803
    Rep Power
    2148008

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Curt James View Post
    Cedric is qualified courtesy of his Hungary win. Who are your favorites?
    Stay Hungary? (Ouch!)

  13. #13
    OLYMPIAN EvanL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    330
    Rep Power
    317835

    Default

    Updated qualified list and points standings for 2020 Olympia. As well as the official qualifier rules for 2020 in case anyone is interested!

    Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

  14. #14
    RX MEMBER
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    11,803
    Rep Power
    2148008

    Default

    Did Hadi qualify by winning people's choice?

  15. #15
    OLYMPIAN EvanL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    330
    Rep Power
    317835

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hifrommike65 View Post
    Did Hadi qualify by winning people's choice?
    He got in by being top 5 in the 2019 Olympia

    Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •