Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    "You tell that punk, that I, me Jon Gotti, will sever your mother f'n head off"-Jon Gotti RIP DMX

Default Can ppl on Instagram aka "bodybuildas" show their blood work?

I'm getting mad seeing & witnessing first hand what's happening with these innocent young people dying. It's tragic...

So, post your blood work on Instagram & get feedback at least before it's too late guys & gals. Because it's the world i:

RX MEMBER

Lightbulb

Competitors have passed away from all sorts of things. I'd have to research names, but in the last decade I recall one promising NPC competitor who died of a ruptured aorta. Another one switched from bodybuilding to strongman training & died from the strain of lifting. Sometimes athletes have medical problems they know nothing about, & training makes them vulnerable to weaknesses in their body. That happens to high schoolers who play basketball & football fairly often. Recently a college football player collapsed during practice & wasn't dealt w/ properly & died. The institution had its accreditation shifted to provisional b/c it didn't follow up as required (it did nothing to see to it that it wouldn't happen again). In this sense, the problem is more than just w/ individual athletes; it's w/ systems that permit things like this to happen. There's not much you can do about a ruptured aorta; it's a medical problem you probably can't anticipate. (Actor John Ritter died of it.) But you can require better conditions for athletes, & monitor them more effectively. & in that regard, I agree w/ PfA.
    Last edited by hifrommike65; 10-22-2019 at 01:26 PM.

"You tell that punk, that I, me Jon Gotti, will sever your mother f'n head off"-Jon Gotti RIP DMX

It's kinda sad tbh. I feel like bodybuilders are afraid that they may get ridiculed for it but c'mon, you talk about honest this & that & "I'm not scared to show you how I feel" with all these motivational quotes "don't be afraid, be your self" type of quotes so c'mon, let's see what's happening on the inside & as fans, let's give our opinions. F$&k all your followers if they judge you. "Be you, because those that mind don't matter, & those that matter don't mind"... As strong as we are as brothers of iron, we get sooooo taken back by stupid people who judge us. Block them if you are annoyed by them. But as fans, I believe we can encourage that idol or icon we look up to, to take proper steps & give ideas of positivity.

RX MEMBER

Exclamation

Life is full of risks, & there's a reason a sign is posted in gyms saying "lift at your own risk." When you add in anabolic assistance, diuretic assistance, insulin assistance, & all the other things used as assistance (this week's model is metformin), you are talking big risks. Competitive bodybuilders in untested federations accept big risk, & ask their loved ones to accept it as well. & usually it's not a long-term problem. BBs don't go on indefinitely doing it unless they don't care whether they live or die. At some point they have to get out of the fast lane. But if they don't, & die in the fast lane, they lived the life they wanted to live.
    Last edited by hifrommike65; 10-23-2019 at 01:51 AM.

Managing Dir., Rx Muscle Forums Curt James's Avatar
    Big Jeff's Family Restaurant, 815 Fremont Ave, South Pasadena, CA

Quote Originally Posted by Poker face Ace View Post
    I'm getting mad seeing & witnessing first hand what's happening with these innocent young people dying. It's tragic...

So, post your blood work on Instagram & get feedback at least before it's too late guys & gals. Because it's the world i:
    Why? They don’t need to show their blood work in public. Why would anyone want to reveal that in public? Deaths, I would imagine, are more likely from diuretics than anything else. Regardless, athletes need to monitor their own health and sharing private information with fans, I don’t see how that would help anyone.

Good points Curt I agree on some of what you mentioned, but let's be honest with ourselves for a minute.

Most are in fact dying from diuretics which I'm definitely not disputing, but kidney & heart health is mainly due from other reasons. Let's be clear. High blood pressure & atherosclerosis is a main contributor. When we read a post on Instagram "went to doctors today & doctor said creatinine is elevated" or "gotta really tone down on junk food" or to that effect, I do believe that some are telling us hints as to what's happening. Small hints, but then the remainder is "8 weeks left till Mr. Doo Doo show" "ready for war in such & such weeks" & then it's "you look amazing man wow" or "brooo 10 more lbs of lbm and boom" & I do believe that these comments influence them to push the envelope more. Thus leading to damage that could have been stopped by some healthy advice or encouragement to take a step back. Remember, you don't know what you got til it's gone or too late, so I think it would be an encouragement and support factor from a fans perspective to help with possible healthy advice & an outside fan who may have or has medical expertise to chime in with a p.m. like "hey pal, bro, boss, big man, ya might wanna ease up or face x,y,z consequences" unless you're saying Curt "f it, it's there life and let them play Russian roulette as long as they keep us entertained?"
    Last edited by Poker face Ace; 10-24-2019 at 05:26 AM.

Damn didn't realize how long that was lol

Again, really think we should look at them from a fan standpoint who's cheering them on for the way they look, but also a fan who can give an opinion from his/her medical expertise or even just a regular fans opinion rather than "yayyy Yee haa bro you look great" even though there god Knows how close they are to passing out.

RX MEMBER

Lightbulb

Some thoughts on this exchange:

Social media is just the tip of the iceberg. Competitors get advice from family members, life partners, trainers, gym partners, bro sciencers, & fans. Some of it is online & visible, but I'm willing to bet a lot of the online advice is on private. & those taking direction from their Instagram rep are probably not very sure of what they're doing or who they are.

Next, we are not social workers employed to see to the welfare of other people's maladies or bad choices. I lost a friend who was trying to control the life of another very troubled friend who had psychological & emotional problems. The friend had applied for over 500 jobs & never got an offer. I found out why when she & I ran a mock interview & the person explained why she should not be hired for the job. My friend wanted her to quit her job & move in w/ her so she could monitor her day & night. I said, "Who appointed you her social worker?" It ended our friendship, but she let go of the friend.

I will say the same thing here: if someone makes bad choices, it is the person's right to make them. We learn from our mistakes, if we're wise. If we're not wise, we repeat the same mistakes. & we have the right to do that.

I am not urging anyone to take chances w/ their health. We all know high-stakes competition in athletic endeavors involves chances w/ one's health. & sometimes the most prepared athletic professionals may be willing to sacrifice their health in order to excel. Check "Goldman's dilemma" https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Goldman%27s_dilemma
    Last edited by hifrommike65; 10-24-2019 at 05:44 AM.

Yeah, that's a tough one unless they get a clear image of the heart & valves before hand. But it's not like they know anything will happen esp. A ruptured aortic valve
    Quote Originally Posted by hifrommike65 View Post
    Competitors have passed away from all sorts of things. I'd have to research names, but in the last decade I recall one promising NPC competitor who died of a ruptured aorta. Another one switched from bodybuilding to strongman training & died from the strain of lifting. Sometimes athletes have medical problems they know nothing about, & training makes them vulnerable to weaknesses in their body. That happens to high schoolers who play basketball & football fairly often. Recently a college football player collapsed during practice & wasn't dealt w/ properly & died. The institution had its accreditation shifted to provisional b/c it didn't follow up as required (it did nothing to see to it that it wouldn't happen again). In this sense, the problem is more than just w/ individual athletes; it's w/ systems that permit things like this to happen. There's not much you can do about a ruptured aorta; it's a medical problem you probably can't anticipate. (Actor John Ritter died of it.) But you can require better conditions for athletes, & monitor them more effectively. & in that regard, I agree w/ PfA.

RX MEMBER

Kris Dim had an aortic rupture that nearly killed him. He recently competed in a wheelchair.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kris_Dim

Last edited by hifrommike65; 10-24-2019 at 05:54 AM.

We do learn from our mistakes & I get what you're saying Mike. But when you find out for example your best & favorite icon had passed, don't you wish you could have jumped in & gave a word of wisdom or a piece of advice that could have possibly prevented his/her tragic demise? What I'm saying is yes I agree 100% with you that they should know what they're in for, but can we help him/her out with a positive suggestion & show more apathy rather than full board "heyyy looking swole big man, & good job, abs are amazing" all the time comments? We need to look at them and be or try to be a helpful guide rather than a fan who's worried more about game day rather than that icons health that's so fragile?

RX MEMBER

We do learn from our mistakes & I get what you're saying Mike. But when you find out for example your best & favorite icon had passed, don't you wish you could have jumped in & gave a word of wisdom or a piece of advice that could have possibly prevented his/her tragic demise? What I'm saying is yes I agree 100% with you that they should know what they're in for, but can we help him/her out with a positive suggestion & show more apathy rather than full board "heyyy looking swole big man, & good job, abs are amazing" all the time comments? We need to look at them and be or try to be a helpful guide rather than a fan who's worried more about game day rather than that icons health that's so fragile?
    PfA, be my guest trying to pound some sense into elite athletes who have been making bad choices for some time, & who are probably aware of their bad choices. I don't like the influence of social media in general. I do not use FB, Instagram, or Twitter. I do have a YouTube channel but post nothing on it.
    Last edited by hifrommike65; 10-24-2019 at 05:57 AM.

Managing Dir., Rx Muscle Forums Curt James's Avatar
    Big Jeff's Family Restaurant, 815 Fremont Ave, South Pasadena, CA

unless you're saying Curt "f it, it's there life and let them play Russian roulette as long as they keep us entertained?"
    I’m saying... it could be any number of things but sharing private information on Instagram is not going to help anyone. There’s nothing Russian Roulette about that. We all should have medical professionals we can turn to, not trolls, fans, or other people online.

RX MEMBER

Unhappy

when you find out for example your best & favorite icon had passed, don't you wish you could have jumped in & gave a word of wisdom or a piece of advice that could have possibly prevented his/her tragic demise?
    It's a rotten thing to say, but if these icons hadn't taken a lot of chances w/ their health, would we have even heard of them, much less become a fan? I have a lot to choose from, but I'll pick Sonny Schmidt. He ended up in such sad shape after a series of tragic mistakes. I felt so bad for him.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sonny_Schmidt
    Last edited by hifrommike65; 10-24-2019 at 07:05 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast