Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    RX MEMBER

I would check with the hotel on the hotplate before bringing it. Last I know they are not allowed in the room. Being caught with one could result in being barred from the show and suspended from NPC. One year there was a room fire from a hotplate, which resulted in this rule.

The hotel does provide microwaves for the competitors' use in the ground floor restaurant.

Also, the host hotel provides clean but stained sheets and linens which the competitors are encouraged to use. The stains are from oil and pro tan from previous competitions. You could pay a cleaning fee if you stain any of the new linens.

As to photos of last year's competitors in BB and figure, check out

http://www.musculardevelopment.com/b...eventcode=1267

Masters bikini will be a new event this year.

Good luck!

Thanks GerryT... I was unaware of those rules. I dont want to be disqualified after dieting and making the trip! I also got to view those pics thanks!

Little d, Gerru knows his stuff. The rules are posted on Gary Udits website, and you get a set of instructions that detail it at the event. Don't bring a hot plate.do use the microwave. They also have an ongoing bodybuilder friendlt buffet- pricey, but all good and safe precontest fare. They have spray tan available, etc. PM if you have specific questions. I did thw show last year and going back this year.

RX MEMBER

Hope we can all see each other there. HD, which division and class were you in last year? I've been at that show since 2003. I have several friends competing this year, and it looks to be an amazing show once again.

This is all good info! nice to know about the buffet. I must have missed those rules. I will be going back know to read everything. Any other tips would be greatly appreciated. It is kinda nerve racking doing a show out of state. I was thinking of flying out on Wed to make sure I stay relaxed. Thanks guys.

Gary doesn't provide pump-up equipment. You'll need to bring your own elastic bands or some sort of resistive equipment light enough to pack in your suitcase.

The buffet truly has everything you'll need to eat on a prep diet except whatever you'll carb up with. There is a little grocery store in the neighborhood above the hotel (and I mean "above".....up the cable car to the top of the bluff). You can get rice cakes, peanut butter, jelly, turkey, etc. from there and it's in walking distance from the top of the bluff.

Having everything you need for the contest at the hotel is very relaxing. No need to take a shuttle from the hotel to the contest site, comradery of all the athletes in one spot for days, the river walk and view of Pittsburg from the hotel....it's as good as it gets!

RX MEMBER

Agree, Es. The environment is very athlete friendly. And that buffet is one of the best I've eaten.

d, I would definitely advise flying in on Wednesday if you can. You will be more relaxed for the show. There is an early weigh in on Thursday evening if you want to get that out of the way. There is also a Friday morning weigh in for those that get in later or need another shot at making their contest weight. So if you weigh in Thursday, you have Friday to relax, practice your routine, etc. Women BB prejudge is Saturday morning.

I have a couple athlete I'll be consulting with Thursday evening. Look forward to seeing everyone.

Gerry, I'm a superheavy. Got a dismal 10 th last year at my first National show. (Whatever could go wrong, did go wrong, lol.) little D, traveling in on Weds is a good idea. That's what I did last year and will again, or even Tues if I can get away a day earlier. Traveling can cause problems, flying, changes in altitude, stress. Water retention was a huge problem for me, aggravated no doubt by the cross country flights- coming from AZ all the flights connect in some other city. The buffet does offer oatmeal by the pound, some killer baked yams, etc. Let me know and I can show you where things are. I have a couple friends doing the show, including Eric Brugh, last years superheavy winner. There's some great comraderie at this show and I can't wait. Should be a blast!

RX MEMBER

Thanks, HD. Now I know who you are. Hope things go better this year. I've known Eric Brugh for several years and he is a great guy. We may have even spoken briefly last year. Happy to see Eric get the class. Maybe pro status this year! Best of luck.

Quote Originally Posted by GerryT View Post
    Thanks, HD. Now I know who you are. Hope things go better this year. I've known Eric Brugh for several years and he is a great guy. We may have even spoken briefly last year. Happy to see Eric get the class. Maybe pro status this year! Best of luck.
    Thanks! Night and day so far. I made a few changes. My workouts are as intense as humanly possible, and I'm carrying considerably more mass, and much leaner this far out ( I don't intend to get outsized or outconditioned again). Here's a couple of recent (cell) pics. I really need to finish my film roll off, lol. I really didn't get to talk to Eric much last year, we were so busy. I hope we can chat this year, won't be as chaotic for me, having done it once. My wife can't wait to go back to Pittsburgh-She loved the food- restaurants nearby! Maybe we can all meet for dinner one night?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by HeavyDutyGuy; 03-26-2009 at 06:25 PM.

RX MEMBER

Can see the changes. Continued success. Good luck and go for it. I'll be in touch. Hope we can all get together.

Hear you re Pittsburgh. it's a great city. My late wife and I had a vacation there about 10 years ago and she also loved it.

Thanks guys! It sounds very BB freindly! You all have given me much good info. I am looking forward to meeting everyone there! I will be going Wed, tickets are now paid for. I am very excited. We will be only staying till Sunday. Of course always looking for a good restaurant and bakery for after the show..LOL's.
    What time does the show usually get over? Are the restaurants usually open still? I always have a hard time finding someplace to pig out at after the show, always ending up settling for something I dont really want and making up for it the next day!

LittleD, I think most of the restaurants are open late on fri and Sat night. Our favorite was the Hard Rock Cafe. Great, fun and good food. There's quite a few good restaurants you can walk to from the Sheraton. Its right on a river too! How cool is that? Gerry, I'm sorry I didn't know your wife was deceased. I feel like I stuck my size 13 foot in my mouth a bit. Oh yeah LD, I think he tries to end the show by 11 or before if I remember correctly. And Weds through Sun is perfect.

RX MEMBER

Thanks, HD, and nothing to be sorry about. You had no way of knowing. You're a good guy and I appreciate that.

D, I think the Saturday night show ended just around 11PM last year. It could run a bit longer this year because of the addition of bikini. But if it is running late, Gary will try to get one or more of the eateries to stay open till 12:30 or 1AM. He did that a couple years ago.

I usually stay till Sunday. Last year, I stayed till Monday morning because of transportation. But Wednesday through Sunday would be a good visit.

Looking forward to this already!

A little over 14 weeks to go! Time to start making reservations and looking into travel plans. I've booked the hotel room. Still looking into plane fares. Its going to be fun!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast