Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    "You tell that punk, that I, me Jon Gotti, will sever your mother f'n head off"-Jon Gotti RIP DMX

Default I'm 36 hrs into my fast!! Please read

I believe I'm in the "autophagy" state. & guess what?? I feel great. Anyone fasting? I feel like I may put it down

bro...you need to be in ketosis (asodotic crisis) before authophagy starts....with dry fasting it's within 3 days where you hit 1st acidotic crisis, with wet fasting it can take up to 5-6 days....that was discussed in the original Nobel prize submission and studies on food-restriction and autophagy... you need a few more days... good luck with your fast very healthy!
    Evolutionary.org - Official RXM Sponsor. Interested in sources or discussion of anabolics? visit our forums...over 100,000 members.

i did 4 day fast once

"You tell that punk, that I, me Jon Gotti, will sever your mother f'n head off"-Jon Gotti RIP DMX

Oh wow. Thank you. Yea I got to 48 hrs before the hunger pangs set in. So dry fast 3 days. This is going to be my challenge this week. I only drink black coffee with this fast, as I heard (atleast in rats) it increased autophagy after 4 hrs of consumption. I truly believe it's a god send as I've lost 20lbs so far. I've been doing 24 hrs fast for 1month & last few days decided on 48hrs. & Man I tell you, I feel sooo good.
    Quote Originally Posted by GearHead-evo View Post
    bro...you need to be in ketosis (asodotic crisis) before authophagy starts....with dry fasting it's within 3 days where you hit 1st acidotic crisis, with wet fasting it can take up to 5-6 days....that was discussed in the original Nobel prize submission and studies on food-restriction and autophagy... you need a few more days... good luck with your fast very healthy!
    Last edited by Poker face Ace; 04-11-2021 at 11:00 AM.

The list of benefits from increased BDNF, heart health, energy, increased gh etc. are what really make this diet plan real interesting for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Poker face Ace View Post
    Oh wow. Thank you. Yea I got to 48 hrs before the hunger pangs set in. So dry fast 3 days. This is going to be my challenge this week. I only drink black coffee with this fast, as I heard (atleast in rats) it increased autophagy after 4 hrs of consumption. I truly believe it's a god send as I've lost 20lbs so far. I've been doing 24 hrs fast for 1month & last few days decided on 48hrs. & Man I tell you, I feel sooo good.
    bro...dry fast is hard but in bodybuilding we all do dry fasts...like before show 1 day no water and sip a bit that's almost a dry fast...

bro...black coffee is acidic, PH around 5 to 5.5 and some lower quality around 4.5 PH...stick to green tea if you want something besides water on a dry fast...green tea has a Ph around 6-7.7 depends on the quality of the tea and processing...you're looking 6-8 for a water fast...

bro...fasting is the best thing even in bodybuilding...some guys granted cant grow with fasting but majority can grow well when they fast, they just have to do it right...the Anabolic effect of fasting is a fact...
    Evolutionary.org - Official RXM Sponsor. Interested in sources or discussion of anabolics? visit our forums...over 100,000 members.

RX MEMBER

autophagy starts at 20 hour mark, but deep autophagy starts days into a fast. you can confirm autophagy happening by getting bloodwork and seeing your WBC dropping, those are cells being killed off and new ones will replace them. like an old army refreshing with young troops

you can also buy ketone strips and piss on them to see how deep into ketosis you are

also yes you feel good during a fast cause of chemicals being released. but also cause your body isn't using any energy having to digest food. 50% of our daily energy is wasted digesting what we eat, in bodybuilders that # is more like 70%. so you will feel very energetic during a fast for this reason.

take it day by day, don't set a number of days you plan on fasting. fasting isn't starvation, you can break it anytime you want. the key is don't over exert yourself and stay out of the sun and don't sweat. your body will be losing a lot of fluids during this time so you must be drinking a lot of quality water or you will become dehydrated quickly. also keep an eye on your bp especially in the mornings, it is normal for it to be elevated during a fast but if it gets too out of control you need to break the fast

So true. I was always led to believe, "eat every 2 hours or you will be in a catabolic state & burn muscle" but just recently been reading that fasting actually burns fat yet holds on to muscle, from legit Drs on you tube. Dr. Fung being a very openminded Dr. Who really brings up excellent points & scientific facts.
    bro...dry fast is hard but in bodybuilding we all do dry fasts...like before show 1 day no water and sip a bit that's almost a dry fast...

bro...black coffee is acidic, PH around 5 to 5.5 and some lower quality around 4.5 PH...stick to green tea if you want something besides water on a dry fast...green tea has a Ph around 6-7.7 depends on the quality of the tea and processing...you're looking 6-8 for a water fast...

bro...fasting is the best thing even in bodybuilding...some guys granted cant grow with fasting but majority can grow well when they fast, they just have to do it right...the Anabolic effect of fasting is a fact...
    Last edited by Poker face Ace; 04-13-2021 at 10:31 AM.

& speaking of PH benefits. 1 baby teaspoon of baking soda has a PH of like 9. Ima start going back to that with lime & lemon water sipped throughout the day to counteract some negative effects of the acidity of coffee
    Last edited by Poker face Ace; 04-13-2021 at 10:33 AM.

& speaking of PH benefits. 1 baby teaspoon of baking soda has a PH of like 9. Ima start going back to that with lime & lemon water sipped throughout the day to counteract some negative effects of the acidity of coffee
    bro...better use apple cider vinegar not lime/lemon...standard rehydration for fast is...
    1 tbsp apply cider vinegra
    1/4 tsp baking soda
    1/4 tsp pink salt
    12oz water

So true. I was always led to believe, "eat every 2 hours or you will be in a catabolic state & burn muscle" but just recently been reading that fasting actually burns fat yet holds on to muscle, from legit Drs on you tube. Dr. Fung being a very openminded Dr. Who really brings up excellent points & scientific facts.
    bro...to become a professional bodybuilder of course you need to eat every 2 hours, maybe even more...but even the middle level NPC competitor eats too much too long...the reality is anabolic effect exists on the refeed and it's being missed by many bodybuilders..Dan Duchaine talked about this in his bodyopus book....

Last edited by GearHead-evo; 04-16-2021 at 05:41 AM.

You know what's funny, I always believed wayy more benefits are gained with re-feeds as I have put on size just eating every few hours, but truly believe to gain more lean mass, dropping calories below your daily caloric requirements for sometime & introducing a refeed will net better pumps, lbm, added strength imo. question is how a fast for, idk, 5 weeks, then tossing in a refeed may help in bodybuilding? definitely can see it working as you mentioned most bodybuilders practically starve before a show, & then do a refeed or carb up and some spill over & some are hard as nails right after carb up
    bro...to become a professional bodybuilder of course you need to eat every 2 hours, maybe even more...but even the middle level NPC competitor eats too much too long...the reality is anabolic effect exists on the refeed and it's being missed by many bodybuilders..Dan Duchaine talked about this in his bodyopus book....
    Last edited by Poker face Ace; 04-16-2021 at 08:41 PM.

Why fast for 3 days when you can fast for 4 days

Great question sexy BEAST. Remember, more or too much of anything is not good. Let's stick to 3 days for now & go from there. Bada bing, bada boom

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast