Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    NOVICE

Quote Originally Posted by SBT View Post
    I think that's a good idea!! I mean the UD2 diet does work, but its just so specific that it can sometimes make it tough. Plus to me, I hated gaining so much water weight with the huge carb load (not to mention the swinging moods) that I always preferred a TKD type myself as well. Plus you said it just right, if it ain't broke, don't fix it!!

Keep it up!
    I promise I will!!!!

NOVICE

Hey Everybody good things are happenin! Check out the new Video log I started. No before or during pictures on there cause I will have those and the after s' posted on the next videos

Check it out.
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LFUyuWCH8u0"]YouTube - Shredder Stack from needtobuildmuscle.com part1[/ame] part1

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=amEe03f_YSE"]YouTube - Shredder Stack from needtobuildmuscle.com part2[/ame] Part2

NOVICE

Hey guys, Rick O'Shea here with a update to the log. I'm back on my TKD and I'm feeling really good. With one exception. I don't know how this happened, but in two days I went from lookin really lean and ripped to just no definition at all on my midsection. WTF is that all about!? I didn't cheat at all, and I've even up my cardio from no times a week unless I played volleyball to at least once a day. Today I did TWO! I still feel fat. I don't fricken get it. The only thing I can think of is that I didn't get enough water in me. Anyway if you got any ideas hit me up. I'm two weeks away from cycle finish and I don't want something like being ripped until now and then packing on fat for no reason not to mention the mindfuck that goes with comin off cycle....sorry.....had....to vent.

Today's workout though was really good. Really got after it. If I had Need2KTS I would have fit right in.

I did chest, tris, traps, and abs today. For the next three days it will be all high rep little rest workouts. Today was incredibly challenging and I almost puked when I got home so I know I pushed myself.

Chest
    Flat Bench Barbell
    135X20@2sets PUMP ENGAGE! Seriously it was already pretty bad. Which of course is really good.
    155X20@2sets
    175X16@1set

Flat Bench dumbell These I do a really slow negative phase. 5-6 seconds with a controlled quick positive phase making sure I flex at the top everytime.
    50lbX12@3sets

Incline Bench Barbell
    135X16@1set This really killed my shoulders so I had to drop the weight.
    95X20@2sets

Incline Dumbell Same thing as the flat bench dumbell as far as the negative and positive phases are concerned.
    50lbX12@3sets

Cable Flys Just nice and controlled with the flex every rep
    #5X16@1set My chest was so pumped after this it was going to pop right off of my body.....
    #6X16@1set
    #7X16@1set

Triceps
    V-Bar presses
    #10X16@1set The Gnarliest pump I've ever had in my triceps
    #14X16@1set This is awesome cause two weeks ago I could only throw up #10 16 times. Now #14 was kinda easy
    #16(Max)X16@1set NEW PR FOR REPPING WEIGHT!!!

Single Rope Crossbody Kickbacks These always burn like some sort of urinary STD........what.....jus sayin.....
    #5X16@3sets Whew, and I thought the pump was bad 3 sets ago!

French Press/Narrow Grip Press
    60lbX10X10@3 Sets

Weighted dips
    45lbX10@3Sets

Traps
    Dumbell Shrug
    50lbX50(yes fifty reps)@3sets Pretty much the first time I got a decent pump in my traps. They weren't decent they were AWESOME!

ABS
    Hanging Leg Raises
    16reps@3sets

Weighted Cable Rope Crunches
    #16(Max)X20@3sets God did these burn It was nuckin futs it hurt sooooo bad

Medicine ball Russian Twists
    15lbballX16@3sets

So all in all a very very tough but really good workout! Only thing is my damn stomach it's really messin with my head. I got two weeks to give it my all and I want that thing lookin specfrickentacular when I"m done! Thanks again for all of your help support and most excellent advice guys!!!

Peace
    Rick

Hey rick!
    LOL at the vid when that guy ( your friend!?) drops the weight, hahahaha!
    Also, don't think you can, you will!
    Those video are great, very professional. How did you get in the gym when it's so empty? closed hours?
    I love volleyball, only play a few times a year during the summer down the beach. I used to do vertical leap drills when I was in HS for high jump and it helped with sprint times etc.
    I am also doin the same stack right now, only a few days in, but so far so good!
    Nice plug for EF. Lets get er done man! GL!

NOVICE

Quote Originally Posted by sweed View Post
    Hey rick!
    LOL at the vid when that guy ( your friend!?) drops the weight, hahahaha!
    Also, don't think you can, you will!
    Those video are great, very professional. How did you get in the gym when it's so empty? closed hours?
    I love volleyball, only play a few times a year during the summer down the beach. I used to do vertical leap drills when I was in HS for high jump and it helped with sprint times etc.
    I am also doin the same stack right now, only a few days in, but so far so good!
    Nice plug for EF. Lets get er done man! GL!
    Hells yeah Sweedy! thanks for the props on the video
    yeah that was a friend in it. I work there so i gots the keys

NOVICE

Quote Originally Posted by RickO'shea View Post
    Hells yeah Sweedy! thanks for the props on the video
    yeah that was a friend in it. I work there so i gots the keys
    Sweedy, I forgot to say thanks for all the help on EF too! I hope the SS stack treats ya as good as it has me!!! The new video will be up in like two weeks so keep an eye out for it!

Good luck to you man
    "Kill That Shit"-needto

"Nobody has gotten a HJ while wearing cargo shorts since nam!"-Seth

NOVICE

Hey Guys, just givin another update on the Stack. Sorry if you guys are getting sick of me....if you are....well....suck it up So Yesterday was a absolutely amazing workout. I had a ton of energy and I pushed it all the way through the whole workout, and It was a long one too!!! I'm really liking the results from switching to cardio twice a day and the carb drops I've made. My body has finally gotten used to it so I don't feel like I'm going insane anymore. I'm loosing Bodyfat everyday and my abs are starting to come in pretty nice. I've upped my water to a steady 2 gallons a day which is makin me pee every seven minutes but really keepin me dry and sexy (Well at least I think so) It's also makin my viens really stick out too I've noticed!

So here's the workout
    Yesterday was Back, Biceps, Traps, Forearms, and Abs

Back
    Widegrip Pulldowns
    #10X20@2sets
    #14X18@2sets
    #16X18@1set This was a real push but it set the tone for the rest of the workout! It was a PR for reps too!

Narrow grip Pulldowns
    #10X20@2sets
    #14X16@2sets

Reverse Grip Pulldowns
    #10X20@2sets I was really starting to get a good pump at the base of my lats which I rarely felt and right around the scapula. I likey
    #16X12@2sets

Machine Row/Machine T-Bar row
    #10X8X8@4sets

Rear Dealt Fly
    #6X12@4sets Man my back was sooooo freakin pumped after this it wasn't even funny!!!

Biceps
    Incline Dumbell Curl
    30lbX10@1set
    35lbX10@1set
    40lbX10@1set and I'm spent. Seriously though, my arms couldn't bend they were so pumped. New Vein in the right arm basically made my day too!!!

Cable Curl/Reverse Cable Curl
    #5X8X8@2sets
    #6X8X8@1set People were starting to stare at my arms....which is ok cause they were all college age.

Cable Arnold Curl
    #6X8@3sets

Traps
    High Pulls
    135X12@4sets My neck had it's best pump ever with this!!!!

Forearms
    Rope Pulls
    10lb rope pulls@6Sets Holy Freakin moses! My arms looked Friggen huge after this one!!!

ABS
    Medicine ball crunches on Big Fitness ball thingy
    20lbX20@3sets Holy Shit it really felt like my abs were being burnt to nothing...

Hanging Knee to Elbow's These suckers are awesome for obliques and that "Sex Muscle"
    X20@3sets

Loved this workout! I looked fuckin Jacked and Lean as hell. I rocked the beanie and tool and it really puts me in a whole nutha zone! I also Rocked a Redline xtreme (Grape flavor) Today for the first time in like two months. I actually loved it. Not too hard on the heart and made me sweat like a fat person on a small plane! Just FYI I have had a couple of nosebleeds lately but nothin even remotely serious.

I'm stoked everything is comin together so well, but dissapointed it's comin to a close soon. I only have a week and two days left on the stack. I will be posting another Video after it's done sith some good photos to show the progress!

NOVICE

Thanks crypto for the comment on the Video just saw you made it.

So Today was one killer day in the gym!!!
    I've been slowly taking the carbs down to about sixty a day while mainting around a 3000 cal a day diet. I've been loving the results cause I'm really shedding up and I don't feel like I'm loosing muscle. In Fact I decided to have a sneak peek at the BF% before the cycle runs up next sunday. So When I first woke up I went into the gym and redid the test. 8.5 Beeeyooochezzzzz!!!! Whoo hoo!!! not only have I lost more BF But I'm also at 219lbs!!!! So I've lost .5%on body Fat but I've gone up 17lbs Give or take 5lbs of water cause I was damn dry when I went in! Can you beleive that 17lbs!!!! I'm sooooo fuckin stoked pardon my french....

I thought today I wanna lift hard. So I had a carb up day today to really put the plates up. Guess what Broke all my PR's AGAIN!!!! Here's the workout below.

Chest, Tri's, Traps, Forearms, Abs

Chest
    Flat Barbell Bench 4 Working sets (not including warmups) 6-8 reps 3 min of rest between each set.
    135X10@1set as a warm up
    225X12@1set OK THIS IS AWESOME CAUSE THE MOST I COULD PUT THIS UP WAS 4 TIMES NO JOKE!!!!
    275X3@1set WHOO HOO!!!! The first two were pretty easy going up too! I don't really know how to explain how I feel. One day 3weeks ago I was in good lean shape, and here we are today 17lbs of pure muscle heavier and a whole lot stronger and People are really noticin. I'm not invisible and I like it!!!
    225X8@2sets these were the workin sets
    255X6@2sets Seriously I wouldn't have fathomed me doing this cause I could have put it up like another four reps. I'm amazed how quickly I can recoupe and go just as hard as the first set!!

Incline Cable Cross over
    #4X8@1set
    #5X8@1set
    #6X8@1set

Flat Dumbell Bench Military style
    80lbX8@1set These were easy. Seriously 20 reps would have been up with out a bead of sweat fallin from my brow.
    90lbX8@1set Easy but running out of dumbells
    100lbX8@1set I ran out of weight and could have put these up sixteen times if I needed to!

Triceps
    Narrow Grib Bench
    135X10@1set as a warm up
    155X8@2sets
    185X8@1set I am almost positive this is 30lbs more then my PR on this same excersize.

Seated Cable Extensions with rope (I gotta give props to the big guy Cap FT with his one eyed Willy sock for this Idea )
    #6X8@1set
    #7X8@1set
    #8X8@4sets Man I got such a gnarly pump and stretch from these!! Thanks Captain FT!!! Dyaaaaarrrrrr you'd make a fine trainer indeeed....

Traps
    Dumbell Shrug
    80lbsX15@1set
    90lbsX12@1set
    100lbsX@3sets NEW PR BABY!!!

Forearms
    again the rope thing attached to a pvc pipe and there is a weight and the end.
    10lbsX2cycles@5sets My forearms always feel like they are going to explode after this excersize.

Abs
    Concentration crunches on decline bench
    I do these with a 15lb medicine ball. The ball isn't needed but if you want to kick it up a notch it definately helps. Let me explain how these are done. Partner tosses ball you catch it and keep the ball about a inch away from your forehead. Then very very very slowly lower yourself until you are a little past flat. Here is the most important thing. During the whole excersize you are contracting your abs the whole time. never relax. Now at a little past flat instead of the normal pull yourself up motion, you flex your abs so hard that the contraction pulls you up and at the very top when you get to your knees you hold it and squeeze your abs as hard as you possibly can then lower yourself again. Remember never relax those abs. If done right you are not going to make it passed 10reps. I do those for 3 sets

dumbell oblique raise
    80lbX20@3sets

Bridge iso hold
    45lbon back hold position for 1 min 3 times

Awesome freakin workout today. Totally pumped the whole way through and had a ton of energy and mental focus from raising my carbs up to like 250g for the day. Nothin crazy. Either way I'm lovin this shit!

NOVICE

Hey Guys Sorry I've missed some days so the next few posts will me trying to get you up to speed.

Monday 9/14/09

Today was a really good day. Since the seventh I started a minor carb deplete and refeed cycle. So on the Seventh I did the same formats of workouts and didn't change anything up on the diet other than just keeping my carbs at 50-80g a day. It wasn't that hard to do actually. I do find myself getting light headed and somewhat nautious though at times but not for very long. I also heard somewhere if you are in ketosis you will start getting some gnarly acid reflux, which I am. Can anyone confirm this or deny it? Anyways so I followed my Minor Deplete till friday night late, and then started the refeed. I didn't take in a boat load of carbs just about 500g by sunday. All clean carbs too. Lots of Green veggies still, but also some Yams, and Whole grain Bagels, and Some Whole Wheat pasta. So I limited my Water on saturday too down to about a half gallon that night and stopped my sodium that day. Needless to say I've never done any pre photo shoot prep(Which is why I am doing this) before, so it was all a little confusing at times trying to get all the prep right, but, That sunday morning I woke up LOOKING FUCKING JACKED!!! I SERIOUSLY LOOKED LIKE I PUT ON TEN POUNDS OF MUSCLE! I was also super vascular Had some ropes of a vein going up the sides of my abdomen. I was super dry and very very lean! Best I've ever looked hands down! I cant wait to do a full blown one for the photo shoot next week.

So up to speed today is monday I feel great from sunday and am really eager to smash some weights.
    I also will be running some HIIT Swimming every morning leading up to the photos
    Mondays workout is as follows

Back, Bi's, Traps, Calvs

Back
    Narrow Grip Pulldowns
    #10X10@2sets as warm up sets
    #14X18@1set
    #16X18@1set I Know I've been getting strong but this is getting rediculous how quickly I recover and how long I can go for
    #20(Max)X8@1set Yeah I couldn't get this up once three weeks ago. I really am getting alot stronger and I LIKE IT!

Wide Grip Pulldowns
    #10X20@1set
    #16X10@2sets
    #18X6@2sets

Seated Machine Row
    #10X10@2sets as a warm up
    #16(Max)X16@4sets Man the pumps you get of Peast and Katana are just FKN Rediculous.

Reverse Cable Flys
    #4X12@4sets This excersize is one of my favorites and I love the pumps you get from it!

Dead Lifts
    135X16@2sets Really good warm up
    225X10@2sets Man, I'm getting lower back pumps that pretty much stop me in my tracks. They are sooooooo freakin painfull.
    315X6@1set

Biceps
    Seated Incline Curl
    30lbX20@2sets as a warm up. My personal favorite as far as Bicep excersizes go. Love love love the pumps you get from this one.
    35X20@1set Whoo my arms felt like they were going to explode!!!
    40X20@1set I cant beleive that I'm getting this weight up. 30lbs for six reps both arms was my max. Now I can do 50lbs for the same!

Standing Barbell Curl
    I tried this one for the first time with one of those barbell braces you put on over your neck. I kinda liked it.
    75lbX12@1set
    90lbX10@1set This kind of hurt my neck but I liked where it hit on my biceps. Good freakin pump too.
    115X8@1set I definately am stronger in basically every muscle group! Getting a lot more definition from it as well.

Single Rope Reverse Curl
    These are really good for that forearm lower bicep thickness
    #4X12@2sets
    #6X8@2sets

Traps
    High Pulls
    135X16@2sets I love these for my neck
    155X12@1set
    185X6@1set

Calvs
    Squat style calv raises
    135X12@2sets
    185X8@2sets

All in all a really good Workout. My friend Zant wasn't there for this one so I really had to push myself to lift hard and Fast. I'm tellin you though, The Shredder Stack really is one of the best thing to have ever happened to me. It's even helping my knees. Usually I cant touch my left one cause the patella hurts sooooo damn bad, but I can smack the thing now, and with no pain. I can do ATF squats with much heavier weight than I used to. I love that feeling.

Lets talk about some of the sides I've noticed up till now.

BP-MY heart races at night. It's kind of tough going to bed.
    Dizzyness- Prolly due to the diet and the BP raise. I do get it quite a bit though. Plus When I drink water I can feel my head inflate quite a bit.
    PUMPS-I love the pumps that I get when lifting, well most of them. As I said before the lower back pumps I get all the Fuckin time now and They are dibillitating. I cant Play basketball, or football cause I can barely run without getting such a huge pump in my legs I can barely walk.
    Shut Down- I'm not shut down But I certainly don't think about chicks as much which I actually don't mind cause they are nothing but problems anyways.
    Lethargy-I'm now starting to get this. Daily when I get done with work at two I have to take a nap pre workout
    Sweating- It's pretty much stopped at this point. Even When Doing cardio.
    Mood-I'm in a great mood all the time and I love it.

So I'm doing really well and am excited to finish off the last week of the cycle! I am looking forward to some mainenence diet too Cutting sucks. I really want to thanks some guys that have helped me through this whole process. They have made me gain much more efficiently due to their help.

Needtogetaas-Major help all the time. Really good dude who takes time out of the day to say hi, and help me with lifting suggestions and problem areas of mine to help develop more symmetry. Thanks Big Man, seriously, thanks

SonicWaste- My Diet, Supplement Guru. This guy knows sooo much it's not even funny. I've talked to sonic a couple of times, and he's very giving of his time and really wants me to succeed which I really appreciate. Check this site out you Carb Cycler's www.holeydonuts.net Ultra Low Fat donuts perfect for carb refeeds. Courtesy of Sonic. Plus Sonic Has helped me tremendously getting ready for the Photo Shoot. Appreciate it Sonic.

Captain FT- Guys a stud with a good sense of humor, and has helped me out with PCT Info.
    ConanX- Another guy who's helped me a lot with diet info, and good Ideas on my First Injectable cycle
    Future-Our Resident Badass Trainer Extrodinare. Pre Photo shoot help which I really needed. Plus he also posts up killer diet and pre contest threads.
    All of the Mods-I can honestly say it's a big over the internet kind of family cause of you guys. I love it.

Thanks to anyone I missed....I didn't mean to. Good luck with all of your personal goals mates!
    -Rick

NOVICE

So This Morning I woke up and Came in to do some early morning HIIT cardio and some AM lifts. Kind of Adapting in small segments one at a time, future's BIG A's Prep.

So I haven't Lifted early(6:00am) in a long time so I was pretty damn tired....But, I felt really strong!
    I was just going to lift Chest and Triceps, and only for like a half hour or fourty five min, cause I will be comin back at five to finish out the lifts. Then around ten I will come in to use the Airdyne machine for some pre-bed time cardio

Chest
    Flat Bench
    135X40@3sets

Cable Crossovers
    #5X12@3sets I got some insane chest pumps after the first excersize. We are talking purely insane! I can't imagine any other substance, gear or not gear, giving those kind of pumps.

Triceps
    Skull Crushers/Chest passes
    80LbsX20X20@3sets

V-bar Pushdowns
    #16(max)X10@3sets Too Easy and couldn't add more weight to it.

Swimming
    10X25meter sprints

So a good mini workout which I hope burnt off the two packets of Cinnamon Roll quaker oats.

NOVICE

Now that the stack is done I thought I would Post this.
    Ok so Here are the official numbers cause I'm having way too hard of a time getting the file to upload. Measurements

Chest 44.25" After 45"
    Left arm 14" after 15"
    Right arm 14" after 15"
    Left Thigh 21.5" after 23"
    Right Thigh 21.5" after 23"

So I grew quite a bit! I do look noticeably different. Much bigger looking.

BodyFat Percentage and Weight
    9.24% at 202 pounds after 5.14% at 212 pounds.
    Now Do I think I'm 5%? no. Now I will say this however. I know callipers can be somewhat skewed, but I test at the exact same time of day. I was wearing the same clothes. I ran the exact same diet(meaning every ounce of food and water was consumed the same) I was tested by the same guy. I wore the exact same clothes. Everything was controlled as close as humanly possible

Here are the numbers for the caliper testing

Chest 10 after 8
    Legs 10 after 6
    Abdominal 18 after 8

The guy who tested me knows very much what he is doing and even commented how much leaner I was and that getting thigh and chest fat was incredibly difficult. I'm extremely proud with the results! Thanks everyone who helped me out with all of this!Rick

NOVICE

Started PCT and I feel Great! My Strength Went up a ton! I loved every minute of the shredder stack and I wish it could last well...forever. But either way I couldn't be happier Needto!

NICE work on the Shredder stack!!

NOVICE

GRacias SBT!

Great results!! an inch on both arms after 4 weeks! damn!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast