Page 11 of 29 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: DC Training

nice my workout tmrow will be:

hammer incline press
    seated barbell military press
    hammer dips
    Hammer High Row
    Bent over row

that sounds good, i look forward to every workout. never had that feeling with anything else.

RX MEMBER

Where is my dcers brothers...!!! we need to keep it a life guys. Any one break new record this week??? about me, I just break my 500pounds squat for 14reps...

GYM RAT

Im thinking about trying it around January next year. The plan right now is to continue dieting down (lifting on a typical mid volume workout), then gain my strength back once I add some calories back in (using bill starrs 5x5).

Once summer hits, and my diet is spot on, just to flip from something completely different, Im going to do some higher rep work, but still 1 set to failure. Probably focusing on hitting failure on rep 10-12.

After that stalls out (probably takes about 6 weeks), Ill switch over to a progress minded program I came up with thats modeled after DC. I really want to get my weight for reps up. Basically I have 2-3 exercises per bodypart, do straight sets, and if i dont improve weight or reps, then I rest/pause. Once the rest pause fails to give me more weight/reps, I switch to the second compound exercise Ive been doing, and sub in a new secondary exercise.

But to get back on point, I really want to try DC eventually. However, I want to make sure I do it right, so I still read IM, and read everything I can on it. Ill make sure and post my expierence on my first blast.

GYM RAT

Quote Originally Posted by chasebny View Post
    Im thinking about trying it around January next year. The plan right now is to continue dieting down (lifting on a typical mid volume workout), then gain my strength back once I add some calories back in (using bill starrs 5x5).

Once summer hits, and my diet is spot on, just to flip from something completely different, Im going to do some higher rep work, but still 1 set to failure. Probably focusing on hitting failure on rep 10-12.

After that stalls out (probably takes about 6 weeks), Ill switch over to a progress minded program I came up with thats modeled after DC. I really want to get my weight for reps up. Basically I have 2-3 exercises per bodypart, do straight sets, and if i dont improve weight or reps, then I rest/pause. Once the rest pause fails to give me more weight/reps, I switch to the second compound exercise Ive been doing, and sub in a new secondary exercise.

But to get back on point, I really want to try DC eventually. However, I want to make sure I do it right, so I still read IM, and read everything I can on it. Ill make sure and post my expierence on my first blast.
    How long have you been training consistently? What have your gains been like since you have started?

Quote Originally Posted by almard View Post
    Where is my dcers brothers...!!! we need to keep it a life guys. Any one break new record this week??? about me, I just break my 500pounds squat for 14reps...
    Congrats man! that is a lot of weight right there.

GYM RAT

Please formulate some sentences and complete thoughts for us to respond to inside this DC thread. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by bigtimektz View Post
    Please formulate some sentences and complete thoughts for us to respond to inside this DC thread. Thank you.
    easy....

Thats a lot of weight for a lot of reps, how much do you weigh? How deep are you going on your squats? When i used to go parallel the best i could do was 455 for 10, now i do them ass to grass with 365 for 8, im 210 lbs right now and i should be at the top of middle weight class next spring...my point is the weight might be impressive and it is no doubt but there are a lot more variables you havent mentioned...

cmon man be cool, we are all freinds here...this a bodybuilding board not a book club haha

I would lower your reps and focus on quality of reps, for instance i follow a cadence of 3 sec neg controlled pos 2 sec static, you will maintain thickness with heavier weights while dieting, ive done DC for two years now, 2 x while dieting i didnt go to straight sets till 2 weeks out and still made minor strenght jumps all through out, Maybe you need to take a week off rest up and start your blast asap you wont regret it !! Good luck

GYM RAT

Quote Originally Posted by captaincardio58 View Post
    cmon man be cool, we are all freinds here...this a bodybuilding board not a book club haha
    I'm just busting his balls because his post was not easy to read.

I'm just busting his balls because his post was not easy to read.
    nude pics or gtfo!

GYM RAT

How long have you been training consistently? What have your gains been like since you have started?
    My gains have been substantial. As far as gain in lbm, thats not that drastic, but my changes have been very recomposing. Ive dropped fat, gained muscle. Ive been training consistantly since day 1 in the gym, and eating to match for an equal length. About 3.5 years all told.

I dont want to sound like a d bag, but I would consider my BB'ing knowledge and level far above and beyond that of my peers in college right now. I just wish it would reflect in my physique. I consider myself sub par genetically when it comes to adding size (especially being 6'5"), although when size comes, I have good muscle bellies. But regardless of diffuculty getting huge in a hurry, Im probably top 5 in my large dorm building at UB, bb'ing wise.

I approach BB'ing with passion, lift hard, eat hard, and study my balls off when it comes to emerging training, dieting, and supplementation info.

Quote Originally Posted by captaincardio58 View Post
    I would lower your reps and focus on quality of reps, for instance i follow a cadence of 3 sec neg controlled pos 2 sec static, you will maintain thickness with heavier weights while dieting, ive done DC for two years now, 2 x while dieting i didnt go to straight sets till 2 weeks out and still made minor strenght jumps all through out, Maybe you need to take a week off rest up and start your blast asap you wont regret it !! Good luck
    My reps right now are usually low for my first movement, and raise as I go onward. I keep heaving lifting in year round. But Im not going to start DC with zero carbs, while trying to diet down to contest condition for the first time. I really dont need another monkey wrench you know?

My gains have been substantial. As far as gain in lbm, thats not that drastic, but my changes have been very recomposing. Ive dropped fat, gained muscle. Ive been training consistantly since day 1 in the gym, and eating to match for an equal length. About 3.5 years all told.

I dont want to sound like a d bag, but I would consider my BB'ing knowledge and level far above and beyond that of my peers in college right now. I just wish it would reflect in my physique. I consider myself sub par genetically when it comes to adding size (especially being 6'5"), although when size comes, I have good muscle bellies. But regardless of diffuculty getting huge in a hurry, Im probably top 5 in my large dorm building at UB, bb'ing wise.

I approach BB'ing with passion, lift hard, eat hard, and study my balls off when it comes to emerging training, dieting, and supplementation info.

My reps right now are usually low for my first movement, and raise as I go onward. I keep heaving lifting in year round. But Im not going to start DC with zero carbs, while trying to diet down to contest condition for the first time. I really dont need another monkey wrench you know?
    i understand your thinking...but when you are on zero carbs and you keep the reps around 6 you use more stored creatine and amino acids which is what makes up the majority of your muscle glycogen to begin with while in ketosis (guessing your gonna follow a keto)...but with DC you stay within those guidelines and its actually very easy to do DC on zero carbs if you got fats ...on pro veg days my gains were still steady but a slow steady like 1-2 reps more the next session...

Page 11 of 29 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast