Page 27 of 29 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 LastLast

Thread: DC Training

Quote Originally Posted by scottmcd View Post
    Ah yeah I thought you meant you JUST have a smith and free weights for your gym. Hammer strength is a great line but it's not necessary to DC train, any machine that works for you works for DC... sounds like you are good to go to me.
    Thank you scottmcd, I appreciate the reassurance. I'm gonna read a lot more on DC before deciding if I'm ready to take the plunge.

One more question, at my age should I keep my reps in the 20-30 range for rest pausing or maybe go a bit higher, say 25-35?

You should be fine with 20-30. Depending on a couple things that's going to be anywhere from a 10-18 rep straight set weight, plenty light to not tear apart the joints and do anything dumb but still heavy enough to illicit growth.

You should be fine with 20-30. Depending on a couple things that's going to be anywhere from a 10-18 rep straight set weight, plenty light to not tear apart the joints and do anything dumb but still heavy enough to illicit growth.
    Thanks again scottmcd, really appreciate you taking the time to help.

Ah yeah I thought you meant you JUST have a smith and free weights for your gym. Hammer strength is a great line but it's not necessary to DC train, any machine that works for you works for DC... sounds like you are good to go to me.
    Thats what my gym is like,VERY basic. Tons of free weights,one smith machine, and one pin loaded press,thats it. But I still follow DC just fine. There are so many variations you can do.

My favourite is to do a low incline BB press off the power racks. This allows you to get a 20-30 degree angle, as opposed to 45 degree which most incline presses are fixed at.
    Another option is to throw a 25 pound plate under the front of the incline BB press, this lifts it up an inch or two (depends on plate thickness) and lessens the angle of the bench. These little variations can give you a whole new exercise to roatate in and progress on.
    The key is to keep progressing on an exercise. Once you stop progressing, dont get caught up on it,just swap for another exercise and maybe rotate it back in another time.

Quote Originally Posted by meatheadio View Post
    Thats what my gym is like,VERY basic. Tons of free weights,one smith machine, and one pin loaded press,thats it. But I still follow DC just fine. There are so many variations you can do.

My favourite is to do a low incline BB press off the power racks. This allows you to get a 20-30 degree angle, as opposed to 45 degree which most incline presses are fixed at.
    Another option is to throw a 25 pound plate under the front of the incline BB press, this lifts it up an inch or two (depends on plate thickness) and lessens the angle of the bench. These little variations can give you a whole new exercise to roatate in and progress on.
    The key is to keep progressing on an exercise. Once you stop progressing, dont get caught up on it,just swap for another exercise and maybe rotate it back in another time.
    Great post, shows some thought into exercise selection. I'm just about ready to start my blast, just letting a couple of small tweaks heal. But you've given me some great insight into new twists for DC.

Quote Originally Posted by Lowdown5 View Post
    Great post, shows some thought into exercise selection. I'm just about ready to start my blast, just letting a couple of small tweaks heal. But you've given me some great insight into new twists for DC.
    Good stuff man. They key to DC is progression,whether or not you have a isolateral incline machine press or a pullover machine for a back widowmaker doesnt matter. The basics will work just fine. Go from a 225 deadlift to a 405 deadlift and see how much your back has grown.

One variation I like for a widowmaker for back is to set up a high incline bench facing away from the stack inside the cable station,hooking up a rope attachment to the top pulley and doing a cable pullover. Little wierd at first but absolutely tortures the lats!!! Alot of people I advise on DC training find it hard to do a back thickness movement such as deads after this because their lats are so pumped its hard to lock the lift out.

Quote Originally Posted by meatheadio View Post
    Good stuff man. They key to DC is progression,whether or not you have a isolateral incline machine press or a pullover machine for a back widowmaker doesnt matter. The basics will work just fine. Go from a 225 deadlift to a 405 deadlift and see how much your back has grown.

One variation I like for a widowmaker for back is to set up a high incline bench facing away from the stack inside the cable station,hooking up a rope attachment to the top pulley and doing a cable pullover. Little wierd at first but absolutely tortures the lats!!! Alot of people I advise on DC training find it hard to do a back thickness movement such as deads after this because their lats are so pumped its hard to lock the lift out.
    Very good info, thanks!

PENCILNECK

I've read some criticism about the DC diet not being suited for Natural Bodybuilders, saying that all of that extreme eating would simply make a natural guy fat. What's your guys' take on that?

Also, about the carb cut off time of 6pm, how does that work if you train in the evening? Seeing as post workout is the most crucial time to be taking in nutrients, should you simply eat less carbs throughout the day so that come post workout you can still take in 40-80g of carbs as most people recommend?

DC vets, how long do you rest between bodyparts? So, when you finish your three rest pause sets for chest, how long until you begin shoulders after you stretch?

Thanks and Happy Thanksgiving!

DC vets, how long do you rest between bodyparts? So, when you finish your three rest pause sets for chest, how long until you begin shoulders after you stretch?

Thanks and Happy Thanksgiving!

For me its long enough to stretch the body part I just worked and then get over to whatever is next in the Log Book.

Rx Muscle Radio Programming Guru and Video Editing Director

This is something im gonna have to try soon...

Quote Originally Posted by v1hyp View Post
    For me its long enough to stretch the body part I just worked and then get over to whatever is next in the Log Book.
    That's kind of how I did my first week v1hyp, but it felt as if I was rushing. I made sure to watch the clock between rest pause sets to keep the time consistent but felt that maybe I rushed to the next bodypart. Maybe a bit longer stretch would help but man do those hurt. In a good way of course.

That's kind of how I did my first week v1hyp, but it felt as if I was rushing. I made sure to watch the clock between rest pause sets to keep the time consistent but felt that maybe I rushed to the next bodypart. Maybe a bit longer stretch would help but man do those hurt. In a good way of course.

I don’t watch the clock but instead count breaths, 15 to be exact. They say that each workout should only take about 45 min to complete but from what I’ve discovered , it seems the more your weight (iron) goes up the longer your workout gets (i.e. Warm ups or lead ups to the one set). From start to finish, my workouts can range from 45 to 1hr 15mins to complete.

Quote Originally Posted by v1hyp View Post
    I don’t watch the clock but instead count breaths, 15 to be exact. They say that each workout should only take about 45 min to complete but from what I’ve discovered , it seems the more your weight (iron) goes up the longer your workout gets (i.e. Warm ups or lead ups to the one set). From start to finish, my workouts can range from 45 to 1hr 15mins to complete.
    I was about 50 minutes average this week, but did feel like I rushed a bit. I know after reading your post that I'm taking a bit to long between rest pause sets, probably 22-24 breaths. I'll cut that down and see how that feels.

Thank you v1hyp.

Eff'n Iphone! Today was third cycle through a DC program and I was on my second to last exersize logging it (reps and lbs) and the damn note pad copy pasted something? Lost both A and B days of 3 dif exersize per body part.

I was so jacked to go after new targets tomorrow and now its back to square 1 gotta log all of it again.

Note to self email note pad log at the end of each day. I had this happen once before doing GVT.

Just had to vent!

Page 27 of 29 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 LastLast