Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Forum Leader: Rx Fight Club stephaniewicked's Avatar

Default Tools in the Gym

I thought it would be fun to share stories and mock the tools that we've encountered during our training sessions.

Tonight I was approached by the douchebag who kicked me off the leg extension machine a couple weeks back because he was "supersetting" (I still call bullshit! ) He walked to the complete opposite end of the gym to interrupt me and ask me if I'm a trainer because I "look like I know what I'm doing" and he wanted to know if I would train him. Boy, was I flattered...

Not only were his language and communication skills subpar (he kept repeating everything I said, but in question-form), he hardly looked like he needed a 5'1" skinny chick to show him what to do. Then he proceeded to comment on my skull tattoo and completely change the direction of the conversation. I quickly cut it short so I could get back to what I was doing.

Not really an impressive example, but I felt like bitching since I'm still bitter at his stupid ass for our first run-i a few weeks back. I'm sure you girls have better stories... post them up!
    "The gym is one of life's best arenas for building the toughest of men. Not because you learn to experience success, but because you've been forced to accept failure and identify your flaws."

Actually my gym's not too bad I've been there long enough that most people have seem me time and time again walk in with hubby and the three kids in tote so no one really obnoxiously hits on me. I do get the occasional older gentelmen (I swear they think because they're over 50 they can get away with anything lol) who like to shoot the shit or give you random compliments which are nice but sometimes they go a little too far and push it lol but otherwise honestly it's not too bad/

I did get hit on by some skinny red headed tool at the the Red Sox game last week while with MY MOTHER (lol that was emberassing) he wouldn't stop talking and I literally was like looking around him to watch the game then he kept trying to high five me the whole time when something happened lol... after he finally walked away because I was married with kids he then came BACK to introduce his friend too LOL I thought my mother was gonna punch him. Oh yeah then some kid while waiting for the subway asked me if I would autograph his BODy with a black sharpie... I nicely declined lol

GYM RAT

I'm prepping right now and noticed the more I'm leaning down and wearing less clothes, the more schmoes seem to come out of the woodwork. Schmoes, gawkers and women giving me the stink eye WTF? I suppose, for a lady my age I should take any kind of attention I could get LOL!

I understand you though. The guy was RUDE in kicking you off the leg extension and now he's wanting to "talk" to you and possibly become your workout partner. Tell him to go f$ck off.

Just by coming up to people & asking "are you using this" or "can I work in w/ you", I manage to scare off or displace most people who are "supersetting" or basically parking their asses on a piece of eqpt to read a book or just plain old have that deer-in-headlights look.
    "The only way you can hurt the body is not use it. Inactivity is the killer and, remember, it's never too late."
    ~Jack Lalanne

IFBB Pro & Senior Forum Administrator tammyp's Avatar

a great reason why i have mine at home
    APS HI TECH PHARMACEUTICALS ATHLETE
    Hersuppz.com code TAMMY
    www.team-tammyfitness.com
    pushpullgrind.com code TEAM TAMMY

That's why I love my ladies only gym!!

I mostly get that kinda crap if I'm new to the facility. I've been at my Gold's for about two years now and they sponsor me, so most people know what I'm about in the gym and now I'm there to train not pick up or be picked up by guys. I find I get a lot of respect from the guys in Gold's. I have a very strong support system in my gym.

People talk to me, but its not usually in the "pick up" type manner, more or less a "how are you" or "how's the diet going".

I also tend to appear standoffish when I train. lol. I highly recommend it. Plug your IPod in, establish a fuck off look on your face and train lol. Chances are it scares most of those toolbags off

haha - I remember when I was training one time, Brandon Curry and his crew were training in the other room (at World's here in SD) and a guy was talking to Brandi (his wife) he was casual... oh, nice arms... you train, and she's such a sweetheart she just kept talking to him...

I THINK at this point he said something to her about getting together for some wine or something (WINE, REALLY?) and Brandon was walking in to do something in the room at that exact time. She goes "oh no, I'm married - there is my husband"

The guy almost slid out of his skin and turned even more pasty pale than he was. LOL It was awesome.

But honestly - if you were done training (because no one likes to hold a convo in the MIDDLE of a training session) and someone you thought was attractive talked to you - you wouldn't have an issue with it eh?

I think it depends on how the guy looks more than anything - then if he is charming enough to keep the conversation going - not so much the interruption.

Quote Originally Posted by Allifit View Post
    I also tend to appear standoffish when I train. lol. I highly recommend it. Plug your IPod in, establish a fuck off look on your face and train lol. Chances are it scares most of those toolbags off

i agree... i usually win the title for "gym bitch" because i dont talk to anyone.. unless i know you. i blast my ipod, so if someone is even remotely trying to have a convo with me, i dont hear them, if they approach me from the front, i make it obvious that im a little annoyed that i have to flick my head phone out and pause my jam. i put a really intense face on, and i train. none of the tools bother me... and in my gym there are PLENTY of them... i welcome conversations from a select few people in the gym...

dont talk to me while i train.. u can converse will im torturing myself with my ungodly amount of cardio to make time pass, or wait til im walking out the door to my car....

after reading this i guess i am well deserving of the gym b*tch title. woops

You know ladies, us fellas get approached very often by woman also........
    "Could you spot me hun ?" "WOW you have big arms may i feel them?"
    "You must be big all over big fella!"

The one that i laugh about is... "Are you married?" Even with my wedding band on.
    But if shes hot I say "nope" LMAO!! J/K

Gym bitch-I like that one-I inherited the nick name-Gustapo

ok I admit that I was flexing the other day in the gym mirror after a set, I am only going to look like this for so long...you know. Welll I was doing a double bicep pose and I must say that I am a decent poser. Well this 40 year old wanna-be wrestler who always tries to talk to me sees this and says, you know you are looking good but you should really keep your arms a little higher in that pose...when I was a bber and use to compete I used to............at that point I looked at him, rolled my eyes and walked away.

Forum Leader: Rx Fight Club stephaniewicked's Avatar

I really just hate when guys (I'd say "people", but females never do this...) interrupt me when I'm in the middle of my set. I also always have my mp3 player blasting and I'm trying to focus on what I'm doing... not socializing... what part of that screams "have a conversation with me"?? Especially wannabe supersetter dude...

I've had some of the trainers talk to me while I'm doing cardio or when walking from one side of the gym to the other, and I'll take a quick moment to greet them or have a brief conversation... And I've talked to ladies in the locker room and I've had people stop me on my way in or out... but when I'm in the middle of a set, *especially* when it's to say something ridiculous (like the guy who wanted me to spot him when he was pressing 110lb dumbbells... at the time, they weighed more than I did!!), it's just annoying. I wouldn't do that to someone, so I expect the same respect in return. Is that so wrong?
    "The gym is one of life's best arenas for building the toughest of men. Not because you learn to experience success, but because you've been forced to accept failure and identify your flaws."

Quote Originally Posted by stephaniewicked View Post
    I really just hate when guys (I'd say "people", but females never do this...) interrupt me when I'm in the middle of my set. I also always have my mp3 player blasting and I'm trying to focus on what I'm doing... not socializing... what part of that screams "have a conversation with me"?? Especially wannabe supersetter dude...

I've had some of the trainers talk to me while I'm doing cardio or when walking from one side of the gym to the other, and I'll take a quick moment to greet them or have a brief conversation... And I've talked to ladies in the locker room and I've had people stop me on my way in or out... but when I'm in the middle of a set, *especially* when it's to say something ridiculous (like the guy who wanted me to spot him when he was pressing 110lb dumbbells... at the time, they weighed more than I did!!), it's just annoying. I wouldn't do that to someone, so I expect the same respect in return. Is that so wrong?
    Pretty normal actually (to just want to be left alone) - I really feel bad for women who are hot... it's like a giant target for guys to hit on you being in the gym... even if a guy is a Greek God, he probably won't get hit on left and right like a woman who has it together.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast