Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    IFBB Pro & Senior Forum Administrator tammyp's Avatar

i judge regionally. no i dont think anyone took it that way. i think alot of girls do it to get the muscle quick w/o putting the time into the gym.
    APS HI TECH PHARMACEUTICALS ATHLETE
    Hersuppz.com code TAMMY
    www.team-tammyfitness.com
    pushpullgrind.com code TEAM TAMMY

anavar, winny and clen.

Quote Originally Posted by tammyp View Post
    as a npc judge as well..i see alot of girls tiny tiny on top and wide hips and thick legs. the V is not ^!
    A lot of people really don't realize how much genetics plays in figure
    you can't build a wide collar bone in the gym
    figure they are looking for a genetic structure wide shoulder girdle teeny tiny waist

so even with very little muscle they have a v-taper

too many trainers aren't honest with clients and tell you that you aren't cut out to be a successful national level or pro figure athlete

some trainer use drugs in their figure athletes because they starve and cardio them too damn much and they wouldn't have an ounce of muscle left but if they had a trainer that knew nutrition for comp dieting they wouldn't need it

Quote Originally Posted by Suzanne View Post
    figure they are looking for a genetic structure wide shoulder girdle teeny tiny waist

too many trainers aren't honest with clients and tell you that you aren't cut out to be a successful national level or pro figure athlete

some trainer use drugs in their figure athletes because they starve and cardio them too damn much and they wouldn't have an ounce of muscle left but if they had a trainer that knew nutrition for comp dieting they wouldn't need it

The criteria for Bikini should prove interesting.

Mufasa

Default pics

Quote Originally Posted by Mufasa View Post
    C'mon, guys!

It wasn't a COMPARISON; it was an ILLUSTRATION.

I don't have real good pics of an off-season National Level competitor stuggling with the same problem.

(I'm sure they are out there; I just don't have them).

The question that came up in the discussion was: "Why would figure competitors feel the need to use AA's"?

Anyhoo!

Great discussion!

Mufasa
    If you want pics, I have some posted on my blog.
    What are your thoughts on females using winstrol???

As most have already said, based on the direction that figure is headed, there really is no need to use aas or even clen/t3, etc. You just don't need to be that muscular or even that hard (which is rather disappointing).

Last year was my first year competing on the national level (my 3rd year competing altogether). My feedback from Sandy and the judges was specifically that I was too hard and a little too muscular for the look they wanted in figure. Now, mind you, I am only 5'3 and weighed in at 110 lbs. Hardly a muscular freak. And I was completely natural...not even clen or t3. However, I worked with Dave and was up to 3 stinkin' hours of cardio per day (it's a shame to know that I probably could have done half that and maybe gotten a second look from the judges)

So, I'm more than willing to put my pride aside and attach some offseason pics of me from last year at 15 weeks out as well as at Jr. Nats. Not for nothing, but it seems to be a pretty reasonable example that with proper training and diet, a woman can successfully compete in figure without ANY aas or "illegal" fatburners. As for me staying in figure, well that's a whole other story....

2-24-08 (15 wks AS).jpg

2.24.08 (15 wks AS).jpg

Jr. Nationals 2 piece.jpg

Jr. Nationals 1 piece back.jpg

ARNOLD LIKE

IMO, this is the most honest post on here. The current look requires exceptional genetics supported by a little training and a mediocre diet. You get a few girls that can creep into the top 5 in a class through sheer work and dedication, but for the most part, one is born with a great figure. Remember, bodybuilders must "build"; figure competitors present what they have.

And to address the question, AAS are of use to a figure competitor who does work. As Melissa pointed out, if she had the muscle sparing effects of clen or a-var she would have brought the same conditioning along with more muscle.

Agreed... its very tight slice of a "look" and still continues to be based on minimal judging criteria.... basically who looks like the ideal NPC Barbie?
    "The only way you can hurt the body is not use it. Inactivity is the killer and, remember, it's never too late."
    ~Jack Lalanne

i agree also, figure and bikini are all genetic's. i've too way to many show's and have seen a lot of beginners do well. fbb is the only choice for a women to truely test her conditioning. with that said only a fbb would need to use gearr. sticking with anavar, winny, clen and t3 will have very little side effects.especially if a girl is trying to look like a lady.

Quote Originally Posted by banger View Post
    i agree also, figure and bikini are all genetic's. i've too way to many show's and have seen a lot of beginners do well. fbb is the only choice for a women to truely test her conditioning. with that said only a fbb would need to use gearr. sticking with anavar, winny, clen and t3 will have very little side effects.especially if a girl is trying to look like a lady.

But you'd be damn surprised what people have once they strip away the fat & other shit, and spend a little time building up the muscle genetics that they have... Some people are just born w/ the perfect proportions & bodyfat distribution to just walk out & pull it off.. but I think way too many people cheat themselves because they have to put a little effort into seeing what God gave them to work with before going into "victim of my genetics" mode. I dont' think all the drugs are necessary, but that's not even a discussion to bother with until you've spent some time seeing what your body can do.
    "The only way you can hurt the body is not use it. Inactivity is the killer and, remember, it's never too late."
    ~Jack Lalanne

Quote Originally Posted by sassy69 View Post
    But you'd be damn surprised what people have once they strip away the fat & other shit, and spend a little time building up the muscle genetics that they have... Some people are just born w/ the perfect proportions & bodyfat distribution to just walk out & pull it off.. but I think way too many people cheat themselves because they have to put a little effort into seeing what God gave them to work with before going into "victim of my genetics" mode. I dont' think all the drugs are necessary, but that's not even a discussion to bother with until you've spent some time seeing what your body can do.
    when i speak of genetics for figure i don't mean they don't need to spend time to build muscle etc

what i mean is if you don't have the genetics no matter what you do in the gym, diet, drugs etc you will not get a pro card or do well as a pro if someone with great genetic structure is on the stage next to you and trainers should be honest with their clients if the clients goal is to go pro and they don't have what it takes their trainer should not blow smoke up their ass should they tell them to quit No but should be honest on their chances

when i speak of genetics for figure i don't mean they don't need to spend time to build muscle etc

what i mean is if you don't have the genetics no matter what you do in the gym, diet, drugs etc you will not get a pro card or do well as a pro if someone with great genetic structure is on the stage next to you and trainers should be honest with their clients if the clients goal is to go pro and they don't have what it takes their trainer should not blow smoke up their ass should they tell them to quit No but should be honest on their chances
    Unfortunately in my experience, I'd say about 60% of the people in fitness are there for the money & only the money and will make their money by blowing sunshine up people's asses. For some people, that's actually all they're looking for.

I understand what you're saying, but its rarely like that. I.e. "perfect" genetics. I think it still takes some work to dial in. Do these people already have a solid base of athletic activity? Or did they just walk in off the street? I've seen people w/ some interesting genetics, but w/ the additional work of a couple years of building, the totally have generated an amazing physique.
    ~Jack Lalanne

Hey, guys!

Are we perhaps mixing up two separate issues with our arguments?

In other words:

Are we talking about building the best physique one can build; "being the best one can be"? If so, I think we ALL can agree that we've seen some amazing transformations and some ladies whom have built some amazing physiques without anabolics.

On the other hand, that amazing physique MAY or may NOT translate into being competitive on the regional or national Figure stage.

I also have to echo what I've read Sassy and Tammy write many times before; one needs to put in the solid time and work on their training AND diet before they pull out the "its my genetics" card.

Again...great discussion!

Mufasa

Quote Originally Posted by sassy69 View Post
    Unfortunately in my experience, I'd say about 60% of the people in fitness are there for the money & only the money and will make their money by blowing sunshine up people's asses. For some people, that's actually all they're looking for.
    Totally agree!

Quote Originally Posted by Mufasa View Post

I also have to echo what I've read Sassy and Tammy write many times before; one needs to put in the solid time and work on their training AND diet before they pull out the "its my genetics" card.
    and before they use drugs. if figure people put in some time there is really no need for drugs. Everyone want to get on the stage NOW do nationals level NOW get their pro card NOW

Quote Originally Posted by BadAssBarbie View Post
    If you want pics, I have some posted on my blog.
    What are your thoughts on females using winstrol???
    Babs:

I would have to defer this question to Sassy.

As the saying goes; Sassy probably has FORGOTTEN more information than most of us have learned!

Mufasa

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast